Anyone book Alaska Disney excursions 2022 yet?

sadiemom

Earning My Ears
We are on the June 27, 2022 sailing to Alaska. I was wondering if all the excursions will be running and offered by Disney this year. I figured some of you sailing on earlier dates may have already been able to book by now and would know.
Also, what did you choose to book??

Thanks!

Sailing June 6th, and there are a wide variety of offerings. Someone in our group mentioned that a bear tour they wanted was not being offered, but early June is not prime bear season, so it may be offered later in the summer.

We booked exactly what we wanted to book for the May 16th first sailing. I think all the excursions listed on the site were available to book

We are on the 27th sailing as well. Shoreside concierge said that the horseback excursions aren’t running. Dawes glacier and helicopter tour at Skagway are running. Not sure of the others since we aren’t looking at doing those.

I booked our activities for our May sailing, but I booked them independently rather than through Disney. Hoping they will run but everything I booked is refundable just in case something changes with the sailing. We are doing Grizzly Falls zip lining in Skagway. Private whale watching in Juneau, and Sea Kayaking in Ketchikan. There was a good variety open to book through Disney so I wouldn't worry about things not running. It just worked out better for our family to book independently. We have a 10 year old so we would have had to pay adult price for him for sea kayaking through Disney vs booking independently he gets child pricing. We also have a 7 year old and the zip line excursion on Disney is only age 10 and up vs booking independently its age 6 and up.

Last edited:
We are sailing July18. We heard that Disney Excursions fill up fast (we're first timers) so we booked the Skagway White Pass and Yukon Rail trip on their own website. We're not booking anything else, the cruise itself is going to be enough for us but we really wanted the rail journey.

We are on 11 July sailing. Booked the 5 glacier sea plane for Juneau and the crab tour in Ketchikan both direct. Who did you book White pass and Yukon through? My kids want to do gold panning so wondering if that’s included in your tour? Also checked the temscoair dog sledding trip on their website for Skagway and that’s already full as is the grizzly zip line!!!

Last edited:
We are sailing on 6 June. I also just booked the crab tour in Ketchikan direct. I'm waiting to get access to Disney-only tours at 90 days to figure out if one of the days we're going to do 2 excursions.

Some of the best things we've done - all booked independently - In Ketchikan we've done seaplanes with Island Wings 3x (twice to - successfully - see bears at Anan Creek and Traitor's Cove - and once Misty Fjord Sightseeing). Awesome company and excursions.
In Juneau we went whale-watching twice and did a Pilot's Choice double glacier landing - walking on the glaceirs with Temsco Helicopters. We've also gone up the Tramway which provides great views over the town and beyond.

In Skagway we did the dog-sledding/glacier excursion with Temsco Helicopters and twice we rented a car and using Murray's Guide to the South Klondike Highway drove to Emerald Lake. (Google for the guide which lists things to see/do by mile marker. Some of the places we stopped at along the way - Tutshi to see the Sled Dogs(puppies), Yukon Suspension Bridge, and the Welcome to Alaska highway sign.)

We always had an amazing time and had time to walk through the town (Ketchikan has totem poles and Creek Street, Juneau has the tram for great views, etc.) - and there's plenty of shopping although most stores in each port and from port to port are very similar.

Whatever you do, you'll have a blast!

We are on the June 13th sailing and had no issues booking through Disney. It seemed most things listed on the site were available to book. We did book the Crab Boat tour in Ketchikan direct. I thought about booking direct through Temsco as well, but right now have it booked through Disney. I am on a waitlist for a Rail and Bus tour with Chilkoot Tours in Skagway, which was highly recommended on the boards, but they are only taking waitlists right now due to the border restrictions. Disney had no trouble booking me on a similar tour though. I did see on the White Pass Railway website that they are working with regional partners to see what steps can be taken to foster day travel across the border. I don't think we'll know for sure until closer to the time. Although I keep thinking how close ours is getting!

I was looking at the Disney excursions for Skagway and I was wondering which one is the equivalent to the Chilkoot Tours White Pass Summit Rail & Bus Excursion or do you recommend booking through Chilkoot Tours?

I was looking at the Disney excursions for Skagway and I was wondering which one is the equivalent to the Chilkoot Tours White Pass Summit Rail & Bus Excursion?

I booked the Yukon Expedition (SW31), which sounds the same, although a big tour bus. I am really crossing my fingers we'll be able to take the Chilkoot Tour!

For the White Pass railroad, I find it odd that on their website some of the dates are updated and some are not. We're looking at doing the Journey on the White Pass Railroad trip, which is their shorter 2hr, $99/person tour, but the dates aren't available yet. But when I look at the White Pass Summit Excursion (the 2.5hr, $134/person tour), it doesn't look like it's available the day we are in port (May 26th - sailing with RCI). Hopefully they continue to update their website with more dates!

Edit: Actually looks like it is available when we get in! Turns out you can toggle between the time you want to depart, and from their the calendar updates with what days are available. For example, on May 27th there is a 9am, 1pm, and 2pm train.

Last edited:
I booked our activities for our May sailing, but I booked them independently rather than through Disney. Hoping they will run but everything I booked is refundable just in case something changes with the sailing. We are doing Grizzly Falls zip lining in Skagway. Private whale watching in Juneau, and Sea Kayaking in Ketchikan. There was a good variety open to book through Disney so I wouldn't worry about things not running. It just worked out better for our family to book independently. We have a 10 year old so we would have had to pay adult price for him for sea kayaking through Disney vs booking independently he gets child pricing. We also have a 7 year old and the zip line excursion on Disney is only age 10 and up vs booking independently its age 6 and up.
Can you tell me who you booked the Grizzly Falls Ziplining through? Did you go through a website? Alaska Excursions or someplace else? Thanks so much!

Just to update. We have booked the Yukon Rail & Bus tour through Chilkoot Charters. Now that Canada has updated their entry requirements there shouldn't be any issues with the White Pass Railroad or vehicles going to Canada and back for the day. I still have the Yukon Expedition booked through Disney, but will cancel it in May as long as everything appears to be going ahead as planned.

We booked exactly what we wanted to book for the May 16th first sailing. I think all the excursions listed on the site were available to book
Hi Hope you don't mind me contacting you. My wife and I are also on the May 16th sailing and have not booked any excursions. I know should have been more proactive. Can I ask if you booked a helicopter and dogsled glacier trip. I have contacted alaskashoretours and they are quoting $1186 for both in Juneau. Hope to do the train ride and sample some seafood. Thanks Tommy

Hi Hope you don't mind me contacting you. My wife and I are also on the May 16th sailing and have not booked any excursions. I know should have been more proactive. Can I ask if you booked a helicopter and dogsled glacier trip. I have contacted alaskashoretours and they are quoting $1186 for both in Juneau. Hope to do the train ride and sample some seafood. Thanks Tommy
We did not, with a 2 year old some excursions are off the table for us as well as being an extended family group of 8. We booked the train and trail camp in Skagway, Whale Watching and Science Exploration in Juneau and the lumberjack show in Ketchikan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter