Anyone cruising June 5, 2004?

:sunny: I'm so sorry I have been tardy from the boards. With softball, soccer, end of school activities, work.....well, I won't preach to the choir, you know how it is.

Yes, let's meet on Monday, 2:00, Deck 3, in the Promenade Lounge. Only one family sent me their address for the name tags. So instead, I'll bring some name badges. Probably name with your DIS screen name would be helpful. Just to help with identification. Unless someone else comes forward with a better suggestion (and really, I'm all for that!) we'll do it like this. Simple yet personable.

No, I haven't received our docs yet either. And I'll probably end up getting the new Passporter delivered after we've already left.
Oh well. Is everyone as excited as we are?:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I keep meaning to send you my address for a tag, hughiedeweylouie. I just tried to pm it but got a message saying "This page cannot be opened" so I don't know if you'll get it or not..... If not, name badges are ok too! I think there's only a few of us going to be on the cruise anyway. I will be sure to make a note on my calendar about the meet.

I got traveller's checks yesterday and am debating about getting more, not sure if I got enough or not! I am chomping at the bit to pack but cannot start until after May 22 as my guest room will be used on the 21st so I have nowhere to put open suitcases until then! But I have started hanging dresses, dress clothes, etc in there so it is becoming more real, in my mind at least!

See you all soon!!!!

Kat

:Pinkbounc princess: :sunny:

Our family still hasn't narrowed down the excursions yet...
we wanted to do the Dolphin Swim @ Cozumel, but the age restriction (starts w/age 8) has cancelled that one for us.
We're thinking of doing the Dolphin Discovery w/Disney in Cozumel. Have any of you done this one or booked this one?

DH is a procrastinator so I'm trying to be patient :hyper: , even tho' I'm not one of those! Wish I was!!!

hughiedeweylouie: I TOTALLY understand! Do not stress out about the name tags...we're doing the same jugglin' act. Between DS's baseball practices and games, and my DD's demands (4yo), having a tougher time planning and packing than the last cruise, or at least it seems that way. Anyway, appreciate you doing that!

KatHuss: sooooo excited, only hope I remember everything before I need it!

Still hoping to get the docs any day now!!!!:teeth:

See all of you soon.:hyper2:

TO ALL JUNE 5thERS:(if you get a chance, drop a line as to the excursions you are doing)

The only excursion we have booked is the early morning island tour and snorkeling with the stingrays. The almost 8 year old (she will be 8 in August) will love that. After that we plan on taking her back to the ship and then we will wander Grand Cayman (shopping, etc) without having to worry about her being bored. We did a dolphin thing in Nassau two years ago so aren't doing that this trip. We want to see the San Gervasio ruins on Cozumel but don't want to go to the beach there so rather than doing the tour we are looking at getting a cab (about $45 round trip and the cabbie waits according to other on the DIS boards) to go there, then we will shop, eat, etc on our own there.

Does anyone know yet what stateroom they will be in? We are supposed to be in 6607 (unless by some chance we get an upgrade, but I am not going to hold my breath).

I know DD7 will want to spend most of her time in the Oceaneer's Club (she got upset when she couldn't on the 3 day two years ago). And I plan on making a ressie at the salon for a manicure and maybe even some hair color on Monday.

We have been debating making a Palo res but just aren't sure when. Is anyone else making a res for Palo? The brunch? Anyone want to do one together?

4 week's from tomorrow!!!!! I cannot wait. And I can't start packing for two more weeks :( .

Kat

stateroom 6568. (no upgrade that we know of, don't know how common that is in our range, tho')
We have another room booked thru my mom and dad and it's an inside stateroom (for the teens and one adult),but I don't know the number, they've got the paperwork on it.

We are going to book Palo for the brunch, but don't know what day yet? It will just be the adults I guess, I almost wish they'd allow teens in there as my DS will miss crab legs :(

I don't know how much DD4, soon to be 5 (Gabi) will want to stay in the Club, probably longer than I will want her too. I miss her so much when she's not around. :sad2:

I know, I've been cking my countdown entirely too much!

:teeth:

We booked the Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel through Disney. If you are interested I would recommend that you call asap. It is one of the most popular excursions. When I called a couple of weeks ago the 10:20 & 12:00 were full so we got tickets to the 1:00. I can emphathize with you about not knowing for sure what to book. I held off later than I wanted to because I couldn't decide what to do as well. Someone made the recommendation to me to go ahead & book and you can cancel up until I believe the week before you cruise. The good thing about that is when you book through Disney they do not charge you when the reservation is made. That way you have reserved yourself a ticket and in the event that you change your mind you can cancel and you are not out any money assuming that you cancel within a week of your cruise. We also wanted to do the Dolphin swim but were unable to since our daughter is 7. I have read a lot about that particular excursion and honestly I don't think she will feel like she has missed out on anything. It's suppose to be a great experience! I haven't booked any other excursions yet. I'm sure we will, I just wanted to get the Dolphin Discovery since that's what my kids had their heart set on the most. I can hardly believe it is getting so close.

Misty

:cheer2:

As far as excursions go, we are doing the Royal Swim in Cozumel. Horseback riding with Nicki at Grand Cayman. Banana boats on Castaway Cay. I just went to Sam's and got us snorkle stuff so we could do a little here and there without worrying about finding gear. Not sure of my 9 year olds ability to paddle with flippers, keep face in, and breath at the same time. We may just be standing in shallow water and bending over.
Just got my lanyards at Walmart yesterday. 97 cents!
Holy Cow this is going to be so cool!:sunny:
Ann

What kind of lanyards did you get?

We have snorkeling gear for my DH and mask and snorkel for DD7 (I haven't gotten flippers as I am not sure she'll really need them). I don't have any but don't think I'll really need it either. We rented some at CC two years ago and I only used mine for a short time. DH on the other hand stayed out so long that he sunburned his entire back (back of arms and legs too)! So this year he bought a dive skin to use at CC because he plans to snorkel again.

Is it really four weeks from today????? That song keeps going through my head.... I'm so exicted.....

Kat

If you go to the Wallet/purse section of Walmart, ask for the ID holders that hang around your neck.

I also plan to go to a local sports store and get a "dry box" or something I can wear in the water. I don't want to leave any important ID stuff, KTTW, or $$ on the shore while we're out swimming.

What song is going through your head?

We too bought some of the snorkel stuff at Sams but I am wondering now if I will even be able to fit it in my luggage once I get all the babies stuff packed :)

My girls are getting really excited about this!

We are doing Royal swim in Cozumel, Capt. Marvins in Grand Cayman, banana boats and parasailing at Castaway Key and probably butterfly conservatory in Key West :)

This will be my parents first Disney Cruise and I know they too are really excited.

Looking forward to meeting you all, hoping to see some of you at port instead of having to wait until dismeet.

Jeanne

I got some waterproof id holdes through AquaPac. They are a little pricey but they hold id's, money, kttw card, etc and are not bulky like the dry boxes.

I generally have pockets or something so hadn't thought about getting any id holders. I don't really think I want to let DD7 walk around with her card (I think I am going to get her blocked from charging with her card).

The song running through my head is "I'm so excited". I think it's the pointer sisters or something.... it is driving me nuts!!!

kat

I went at aquapac.com and found "the keymaster" is that what you got? That would be great for me. Especially when we are out in the ocean. Did you order directly from them?:wave:

I think I will try to talk my crew into wearing something so we can be recognized by other disers.. Bright green (isn't that the dis board colors?) or something like that.

Yes, I bought two keymasters (one for me, one for DH). They looked like a good idea for CC and for our excursion on Grand Cayman. Put KTTW card, cash and credit cards in them and you can take them in the water and not worry about that stuff disappearing.

I cannot wear green so you won't see us that way. Once we board we are probably going to head for lunch since our plane gets in around 11:00 and we won't have eaten until we actually get on board. I think we have most of our room numbers posted so we can always call too....if we are ever in our staterooms that is!

I couldn't stand it anymore. I cleared space in the closet and started to pack! My DH says I am a mutant. Maybe I am, but it was driving me nuts. It did allow me to determine what I still need to get (not much) and what I had too much of set aside (I think I pulled 5 or 6 items of clothing!).

Ugh, 4 more weeks!

Kat

looking foward to this cruise. beside myself, wife, son 17, son 8 will be going. staying at the Radisson the night before

Welcome jneaves! Looks like we have a small but lively group going on June 5. Just think, 4 weeks from now we will be heading for Key West!!! It is getting way too exciting for me! I cannot wait!

Kat

princess: :Pinkbounc :sunny:

This is our 2nd cruise, but first with the kids. We went on a 7 day abroad Princess last summer to Alaska and it was GREAT. Our boys are looking forward to this. The youngest(8) will look forward to meeting new friends and playing basketball on a ship! Not sure about the 17 year old. Any ideas for him?

we are doing capt. marvin's and the dune buggy tours. not sure what to do at castaway , but will play it as we go. key west, i believe we are sight=seeing, shopping and back to the ship. Isn't there a show that night on onboard?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter