Anyone do an add-on and NOT get the DVC tote?

discruiser

DVC Member SSR-VB-AKV
We did the 120 pt. add-on at SSR in April or May and haven't received the tote bag that was talked about a week or so ago. Anyone else not receive one after doing an add-on?

I never knew about the tote but it was a nice surprise last week from my fedex guy. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Nothing here in NYC!! :confused3 Did the 120 add on in April 2005. Didn't expect one but since it seemed like lots of people get one even abroad, I'm feeling a little left out here!

Tom said he would send me one of his "special resale" bags but I still want the real DVC one!

So, discruiser, you didn't get one either? At least I don't feel so singled out anymore. Lol! Maybe it's the month we bought our add on?

DH keeps telling me to call someone instead of moping around. But who would we call? I'd imagine the DVC guide and not MS. I haven't yet because I've been busy and also I wanted to wait a few days and didn't want to seem too anxious. I kept telling myself "any day now..."

So, when should I call?

I hope I get one but if I don't (after trying first, of course) I'm going to forget that I read about here on the Disboards. After all, I wasn't expecting it and wouldn't even know that I was missing out if I didn't read about it here. :rolleyes1

But I'd still "be crying on the inside..."

We have done 4 add ons, so far nothing but a few lithos. We did get a nice large tote with the original buy in '93, plus 7 years of free passes.

BillPA said:
We have done 4 add ons, so far nothing but a few lithos. We did get a nice large tote with the original buy in '93, plus 7 years of free passes.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Same here.
I have even refered 3 different families, but since we live in a no gift state... NADA....
Its so discouraging.

Nothing on our add ons except a HH litho and a BCV litho (we have done three add ons). Got two nice bags with the original purchase, though. One held the documents and one was sent later.

I got a nice bag and a neat DVC binder with my original contract, but I have added on 3 times, bought another contract, and referred 3 people--Nada for me, either, except for a litho for BC. By then, I figured that they decided that they were doing me a favor, instead of the other way around. And, for the record, the new books they send out every year with the points charts in them, are a waste. I liked the old binder. :teeth:

I added on late last year--no tote for me...120 points at SSR.

We did an add-on a few years ago & nothing extra came for us. I;ve read about lithographs, new totes, etc., but we did not get anything except more points :)!

I'm sure your guide is the proper person to call. I think my tote came with a little congrats card from my guide.

It could be a problem of where y'all live, as well. As someone alluded to above, some states prohibit any kind of incentives being given for purchasing or referring. If you're in one of those states, maybe your guide will be kind on your next visit to WDW.

We did an add on through DVC back in 2001 and nothing came from that. Just a tote from the original buy in 2000.

We did the 120 point add on at SSR earlier this year (the 100 bonus points offer) , March or April maybe. We have not received a tote. We live in England so maybe that is why.

Mandy ::MinnieMo

JimMIA said:
I'm sure your guide is the proper person to call. I think my tote came with a little congrats card from my guide.

It could be a problem of where y'all live, as well. As someone alluded to above, some states prohibit any kind of incentives being given for purchasing or referring. If you're in one of those states, maybe your guide will be kind on your next visit to WDW.
Jim, I did my addon in early July (2005) and you are right, I did get a thank you note from the guide as well. I wonder what the cutoff date for setting the tote was (i.e. those that purchased after the date received one). Maybe that would be a clue.

She said they are being mailed out alphabetically and to call her back next week if I have not received it.

Anyone with the last name J receive one yet?

I love all things DVC, even those cheap knap-sacks they sell in the gift shops. You would think after the second one lost its grommets, I would give up on them but I got a third one! LOL!

LIFERBABE said:
She said they are being mailed out alphabetically and to call her back next week if I have not received it.

I love all things DVC, even those cheap knap-sacks they sell in the gift shops. You would think after the second one lost its grommets, I would give up on them but I got a third one! LOL!
My last name begins with a 'W' and I received mine last week.

LIFERBABE said:

Last name with "C" here! Unless they decided to go with my maiden name, then it's "S." :rotfl2:

We added on in April, and all we got was a smaller savings account! :rotfl:

(Oh, and, the opportunity for many more wonderful trips...) :goodvibes

Karen

To all of you who are disappointed about not receiving the Disney tote, you can stop by The Timeshare Store, Inc. and pick up our specially designed "Resale Tote". It's not quite as luxurious as Disney's but it'll still hold your stuff and you'll have a fun time with the TTS staff!!! :goodvibes

Tom :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter