Anyone do b-fast at Crystal Palace recently?

Local_Girl

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done breakfast at the Crystal Palace in MK recently? What foods were available on the buffet? Specifically, can you get eggs or omelettes made to order, or do they only serve scrambled eggs? Deb's site doesn't list a menu because apparently it changes frequently.

Thank you!

There's a LOT to choose from: fruit, cereals, breads, bagels, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, casseroles, breakfast lasagna, biscuits and gravy, Mickey Waffles, pancakes, etc. Yes, you can get eggs made to order. We went in February, 2003 and again in August/Sept 2003 and went to Crystal Palace both times. My husband loves the fact that he can get omelettes there the way he likes them, so that's why we keep going back. CP is very good, I just prefer Chef Mickey's a little more. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the quick reply, Horner5! The buffet sounds great! I'm debating about CP vs. Kona Cafe--both very different, I know, but I wanted to know what was available on the buffet...

By the way, we live just down the road from you in Holland!

How funny, another West Michigander! My husband works for Johnson Controls down your way! The 2 of us made a trip to WDW by ourselves to the Poly for Labor Day weekend. Kona is very good also, it just depends on what type of food you want and if you'd rather have a sit-down meal or a buffet. The Tonga Toast at Kona is absolutely incredible-we tried it twice and neither of us could eat 1/2 of it! Next time, we will share one. Good luck with your decision!

I was just there a few weeks ago and you can get eggs made to order. The chef was also making Mickey shaped pancakes and chocolate chip pancakes to order. I found the food to be quite good for a buffet. The grilled ham is excellent. Enjoy!

We just ate there on the 16th and have eaten there at least once on every trip since March 2001 and while we love the food, there's always such a huge wait after your check-in for your PS time that we're considering skipping it on our next trip. They do have a large assortment of food and everything always seems fresh and tasty (though this past visit, the blueberry yogurt was sour and we never got a new batch brought out).

Can you get eggs made to order at CP and Chef Mickey's - the time wait at CP has always turned me away. We love CP once we are "inside" but the waiting - especially in December when we plan to go is something that is making me think maybe Chef Mickey. We have only done dinner there but loved it. Anyone know if they make pancakes and omelettes too?

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

My fiancé always gets omlettes made at the breakfast buffets and he loves Chef Mickey's so I'm guessing they have them there too. We went in February and loved but, but I don't remeber exactly if he had an omlette. I'm sure he would have said something to me if they didn't though. Also, every other buffet breakfast we've done offers them so i'm pretty sure Chef Mickey's would too. A word of warning though, as I said earlier, we do not like the huge wait we alwasy have after we check-in for our PS at Crystal Palace, but the Chef Mickey's wait isn't far behind that. They take your picture which does take up some time, but we've always had a pretty good wait there too though.

CP is my second favorite breakfast buffet at Disney! Actually it's a tie between CP and 1900 Park Fare as my favorite. They both have the eggs made to order and both restaurants are lovely too. CP also has the best grits and sausage and gravy (wiping drool off chin). Everything was fresh and hot and there was just so much food to choose from. I forgot to go back and try the breafast lasagna! I'll be sure to try it in June when we go back.

We did have a bit of a wait and it was very crowded on the porch before our ps. They even made an announcement that if you did not have a ps, they would not seat you. It was so worth the wait, imho. I liked our strategy of getting one of the last priority seatings of the morning. We were able to play in the park for a while and then have a great late morning breakfast and we weren't hungry again until the late afternoon/early evening. Can't wait to eat there again!!!

Wow, thanks everyone for your replies! I'm so tempted to make a PS here now! I'll have to discuss it with DH...then we'll both be drooling...LOL!! ::yes::

horner5--We have several friends that work at JC too. We drove down to WDW last Nov/Dec, and are driving there again this Dec. Can't take the heat in the summer! The drive is long, but we enjoy it, unless the weather gets ugly, that is! :p

CP is our favorite buffet. We had an 8:15 PS a few weeks ago and it was a great time to go. We were able to go in and have our family photo taken on Main St. before going to b'fast. We had very little to no wait and the character interaction and service was wonderful. The food was the best!!! We were done and ready to go into the parks by 9:00. We will have early PS times from now on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter