• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else concerned about the crowd increase?

I wonder what crowds are going to be like in the coming months. It seems like there was a surge of people excited to get in on the July/August ghost town that is no more. Lots of what I have been reading is mixed but the overall tone is 'It scratched the itch but we won't be back again until it's back to normal' and 'not good for first timers'. I mean it's one thing to deal with changes at WDW if you can have the place to yourself but all the limited attractions/dining/etc combined with 'regular' feeling crowds+ the same cost isn't nearly as tempting.

I know the empty park reports factored into my booking for our November trip a 6-8 weeks ago. Would I to book another trip if I was booking now based on current reports? Not sure. I don't love the idea of *HAVING* to rope drop for a decent day. It will be interesting to see what our trip will be like.

Interesting. I hope somebody told Bob Chapek. LOL!

Last I heard this was a plan to begin this weekend, to increase capacity by 4-6%. I do not know if they implemented this but aside from DHS no other parks regularly get fully booked anyway, so this is almost a non-issue until we get closer to holidays IMO. And even then...unless people are willing to travel, they won't hit these marks.

But yes, I understand the hesitation to believe anyone online who says "I heard" and I get that, but I also can't just name who told me or where they work without the (minimal) risk they get in trouble.

Last I heard this was a plan to begin this weekend, to increase capacity by 4-6%. I do not know if they implemented this but aside from DHS no other parks regularly get fully booked anyway, so this is almost a non-issue until we get closer to holidays IMO. And even then...unless people are willing to travel, they won't hit these marks.

But yes, I understand the hesitation to believe anyone online who says "I heard" and I get that, but I also can't just name who told me or where they work without the (minimal) risk they get in trouble.
Disney is monitoring closely all social media so do not disclose who said it

I wonder what crowds are going to be like in the coming months. It seems like there was a surge of people excited to get in on the July/August ghost town that is no more. Lots of what I have been reading is mixed but the overall tone is 'It scratched the itch but we won't be back again until it's back to normal' and 'not good for first timers'. I mean it's one thing to deal with changes at WDW if you can have the place to yourself but all the limited attractions/dining/etc combined with 'regular' feeling crowds+ the same cost isn't nearly as tempting.

I know the empty park reports factored into my booking for our November trip a 6-8 weeks ago. Would I to book another trip if I was booking now based on current reports? Not sure. I don't love the idea of *HAVING* to rope drop for a decent day. It will be interesting to see what our trip will be like.

Exactly this! I have said before that it is my belief it is only worth going right now and paying the high price of a Disney trip when hours are short, many things are closed and with all the restrictions, IF the lines are short. I know a lot of people feel this way. It’s the only trade-off that made all the other negatives tolerable. We went in early August right before it started to pick up, because I had a feeling the extremely low wait times wouldn’t last. We have several friends who rushed to get down there for the same reasons, and others who have just taken trips or are about to that booked after the early reports of super low crowds came out and it was evident Disney had a good handle on keeping people safe. The people in the latter group are coming back frustrated so far.

HS would be the park I'm worried about, unless they expand park hours...which doesn't appear to be the case.

They might get closer if they'd sell Annual Passes to those of us who live near the parks. But right now, we can't get them so we don't go. Disney rejecting money, I never thought I'd see the day.
Or even to people not so close to the parks. I’m finally ready to join the AP ranks, and Disney isn’t ready to take my money!!

I have a question, hope I get a hundred answers. It's been seven very long years since I've been to Disney. I have a high functioning autistic daughter with me, and after they stopped the disability pass, I was afraid to go due to her anxiety. I booked a trip for the week of November 9 way back before the whole covid thing (in January) thinking at least we will have three fast passes per park. Now that this is also out the window, my question is....I checked the park reservation availability, and next week and the first week of November are all green, but the second week is now yellow. Does anyone know, for real, why is this week busier? Am I missing something? Thinking of doing a quick readjustment to change our week there. THANK YOU!!!!

I have a question, hope I get a hundred answers. It's been seven very long years since I've been to Disney. I have a high functioning autistic daughter with me, and after they stopped the disability pass, I was afraid to go due to her anxiety. I booked a trip for the week of November 9 way back before the whole covid thing (in January) thinking at least we will have three fast passes per park. Now that this is also out the window, my question is....I checked the park reservation availability, and next week and the first week of November are all green, but the second week is now yellow. Does anyone know, for real, why is this week busier? Am I missing something? Thinking of doing a quick readjustment to change our week there. THANK YOU!!!!
Jersey Week?

DAS is still available. Stop by guest relations first to set it up and then just go to the entrance of each attraction to ro get a return time

Sorry, what is Jersey week?

The first week of November NJ teachers have a convention On Thursday and Friday. Some schools also close for Election Day and some districts have half days on the Monday and Wednesday. So lots of people from NJ go to Disney that week (or vacation elsewhere).

I’ve been during jersey week and didn’t find it crazy at all. Busy but manageable.

But Jersey Week should be the first full week of November (11/1 - 11/7), right? It's the second week showing HS at capacity during the weekdays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter