Anyone else concerned about the crowd increase?

Is 11/14 to 11/22 probably ok? The week before Thanksgiving I would think is an ok time to go but these reports are concerning to say the least. The Columbus Day week I would think would be bad. Times today don't seem THAT bad.

Is 11/14 to 11/22 probably ok? The week before Thanksgiving I would think is an ok time to go but these reports are concerning to say the least. The Columbus Day week I would think would be bad. Times today don't seem THAT bad.

The crowd calendars for this week definitely show a big lull in crowds this week before Halloween.

The crowd calendars for this week definitely show a big lull in crowds this week before Halloween.

Does that mean next week I am going to be in a flood of people the week of Halloween? I kind of hoped during the week wouldn't be bad but expect the weekends to be pretty full

Does that mean next week I am going to be in a flood of people the week of Halloween? I kind of hoped during the week wouldn't be bad but expect the weekends to be pretty full
I'm guessing the weekdays shouldn't be too bad, except for HS, but the weekends will be busy. That's actually quite typical for this time of year.

Just echoing what the others who were there last week (Oct. 11-19 for us) have reported. Please manage your expectations. We did and we had an overall good time. That said, the fall break crowds were different behaving than the “normal” weekday crowds. We did *not* see much of a drop off in crowds until maybe the last 30 minutes of the day - and not at all at AK with a 5 pm close. So the low wait times were only in the first hour or two and that’s with arriving (by foot, if possible) well before park opening. This trip was an escape and to fit in some swim time that we missed out on this summer, so we weren’t too disappointed that the park days weren’t as fulfilling. But if the parks are the focus, I’m not sure right now is a great time to go until Disney’s offerings catch up to increased attendance.

So today was our last full day, the vacation was fun but definitely was not the same as other trips and I wish we had waited. We went to MK on sunday we rode almost everything due to the longer hours. The park felt so crowded. I kept thinking this is what 25% feels like
All the popular rides had waits about hour long.. a few went over the hour mark.
AK was on Monday AK had awesome times with the exception of FOP it was 90 mins. It was by far our favorite park it did not feel overcrowded.
My kids are good about wearing mask.. but my younger (ds10) one was reminded more than once to wear it right and he was annoyed.

^It’s 25% of full capacity, which doesn’t happen a lot. I figure most are used to 35% to 50% capacity pre COVID, so that is why most feel like it’s almost a normal crowd day. ...If that makes sense.

The major problem is lack of shows and restaurants, plus most rides running on 50% capacity or less. Disney needs to fix these problems because we are almost at the tipping point...

Disney is always crowded now-a-days - whether it was pre-COVID and more people, or during COVID with limited indoor venues and social distancing. We'll try to rope drop my littles' choice-of-must-dos for each day... otherwise, I don't mind lines (we'll just decide what our limit is, maybe 30-40 mins). I think it is good for them. My kids have gotten so use to a world where everything is instantaneous gratification - let 'em wait; some things are worth waiting for... and for us, it is this trip! As a kid, my parents made us wait for and earn pretty much everything.

I was at MK yesterday for my birthday (lost my personalized birthday button on Space Mountain...) and it was more crowded than I was expecting (as compared to my visit in late August). I got to the toll both in my car at 9am and was walking through the gate at 10 am. In ordinary times, it wouldn't take that long, even if I did walk from Peter Pan parking lot. I spent most of my time from 10am to 4pm standing in line - line for 7DMT wrapped around the back to where the exit for Ariel is - about 45 minutes; SM was about 30 minutes; HM was about the same, although we had some line jumpers, as that line went down to DHSS; line for POTC was probably about 30 min.

I find most people adhere to the mask policy. I did see some people walking and eating popcorn, but I think that was mostly a "reflex" and they weren't thinking "I can't be doing this."

My beef was with the people in front of me at POTC. A couple - she looked in her late 30s, he in his 40s - constantly taking their masks off. He actually sneezed 3 times with the mask off. They ended up moving ahead in line to catch up with like minded friends. Some how they ended up in the boat behind me (taking masks off of course) so I said something to the cast at the exit (they were cleaning my boat as we exited, so there was a wait). I believe the person I spoke to was a coordinator, but I don't know if she did anything. This really bugged me, being older than them. I feel comfortable at Disney for the most part, but this did not make me feel comfortable. Someone did yell when he sneezed, but I don't think it was loud enough for him to hear.

@wilkydelts - What could you have possibly found funny about this post?

OP - I’m so sorry this happened to you. I would be upset as well. Unfortunately, I’ve just kind of come to expect that people, in general, only care about themselves.

OP - I’m so sorry this happened to you. I would be upset as well. Unfortunately, I’ve just kind of come to expect that people, in general, only care about themselves.
I've noticed this poster uses the laughing or angry emoji quite often lately at weird times. Not sure what is up with that. I just ignore it.

I think it is good news means we are getting back to normal.
Sorry to tell you, we are very far from getting back to normal. If you look at the Covid cases on the rise you would understand the reality. What news are you listening to? Thankfully WDW is being more responsible than the rest of FL and is still requiring masks and limiting capacity.

As for the post we are going in November - we have agreed if the parks are too crazy we will retreat to our resort and maybe try to go back later in the day. I have frequently seen reports that the parks are busier earlier in the day, but the afternoons do provide a little lightening of the crowds. We shall see.

These reports about crowds and lines for attractions, food, and merchandise sound absolutely MISERABLE.

Myself, my wife, and my six year old son are planning a weeklong stay with six day tickets visiting each park once and Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom twice (November 30-December 7th).

We just want to have an escape and have some fun. We typically visit WDW twice a year but it has been almost two years since our last trip.

For those who have visited recently did you find yourself thinking "I wish I never came?"

No (late September). Going back early November.

I recently heard the experience of MK as being similar to as attending MNSSHP. Pretty good comparison; smaller crowd, few food options, no shows nor fireworks, shorter hours, and no FP. And still a fun time because you are at WDW.

I recently heard the experience of MK as being similar to as attending MNSSHP. Pretty good comparison; smaller crowd, few food options, no shows nor fireworks, shorter hours, and no FP. And still a fun time because you are at WDW.
I wouldn't really compare it to that, a couple of reasons.
During MNSSHP you actually do get fireworks, a parade and special shows, and special character meet and greets
Because of this the crowds tend to spread out better and the rides have very short waits
The heat of the daytime is a big factor in the enjoyment of the parks

It was more crowded than I expected in DHS. Not so bad in EPCOT, AK and mediocre in MK. We did not go on the weekend though and this was in early October. It was right at about my tolerance for being able to maintain safety or at least reduce risk (while wearing masks and keeping distance). I think expanding hours would help and maybe allowing park hopping to a less crowd park with open park passes.

Last edited:

I've noticed this poster uses the laughing or angry emoji quite often lately at weird times. Not sure what is up with that. I just ignore it.

That poster does this all the time. I think it's his/her way of being snarky without posting something that would get him/her a warning. At least the poster isn't posting annoying comments that are not pertinent to the topic. Until covid, I had never set up an ignore on anyone. I had to do it a bit ago on a different poster, because it was just getting too antagonistic.

Flight got in around 7 PM tonight and had a huge line at car rental. We had a reservation at Disney Springs at 9:30 but when we got over there around 8:45 it said it was filled to capacity and we ended up having to cancel. Even with a reservation they would not let us park. Not the start to our trip that we wanted.

Day 1 at the World and we are at HS today. We left the Swan at 8:30 and got to HS at 8:45 and there was a line of about 40 people. Once they opened up the security lines around 9:05 we where through and to our first ride and on the ride at 9:15. I felt very safe and everyone is following the rules. So far so good in my opinion. We have done 4 rides by 10:10 and have boarding group 8. So glad we didn’t let the fear get to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter