Anyone else get stuck on Soarin today?

Safari23

Mouseketeer
So my six year old and I were on soarin for the second time today and it just stopped about a minute into the ride. We were on the top row of course. We were on there at least 20 min. Maybe even more. I didn’t note the time when it stopped. They kept apologizing and telling us they had their mechanical crew on the way to help. When they finally got us down there was about 3-4 additional staff members to the 5-6 CM working the ride and about 4 others in blue that I think were fire fighters.

They offered us 3 any ride FP. I didn’t have my passes or phone on me, I handed everything to my husband after scanning the FP at the entrance. So a CM walked out with us and loaded them to my husbands phone at the entrance. I asked him along the way how often that happens. He said she’s only seen it once in the last year with the fire men being called in.

It was a bit unnerving. We were so high up, I just kept thinking how the heck are they going to get us down if they don’t get it back running.

Was anyone else here on it at that time?

Sounds like you did really well, waiting 20 minutes up so high!! We got stuck on Soarin' 4 years ago. We were only about a metre off the ground when the ride stopped, however I have a fear of being restrained and THAT'S what freaked me out! Every minute waiting for them to return us to the ground and release us felt like an eternity! Back then, we received one FP each, which we used to, funnily enough, return immediately to ride Soarin' once it was fixed.

Sounds like you did really well, waiting 20 minutes up so high!! We got stuck on Soarin' 4 years ago. We were only about a metre off the ground when the ride stopped, however I have a fear of being restrained and THAT'S what freaked me out! Every minute waiting for them to return us to the ground and release us felt like an eternity! Back then, we received one FP each, which we used to, funnily enough, return immediately to ride Soarin' once it was fixed.
Wow. That took guts! In your shoes I woulda been all “see ya later I’ll be on RSR!”

Were there any kids crying?

Surprisingly no. Not that I heard anyways. I could only see row 1 and I think my daughter was the only child in that row. Just a weird coincidence I guess. She did really good. I just talked calmly to her and she thought it was awesome. She got bored after a little while. But people around us were talking and joking around. So she was listening to them.

This happened to us the very last time we tried to ride it as the California version. We were also up and stuck for awhile... it was interesting to see them walking around behind the screen and whatnot.

We got passes to use and we ran over to use them on Peter Pan. Those were the days of paper passes that you could use on any ride! Ahhhh, the memories...

I feel for you. We got stuck on California Screaming for 45 minutes once. I had never experienced claustrophobia before on a ride until that day. It was a really bad feeling of being trapped. I feel for anyone who gets stuck in a situation like that. I believe they also gave us 3 fast passes that day. I guess that's what they do in situations like that. I wonder how they got you down from there? Maybe they manually crank it down the way the do when Mickey's fun wheel of death gets stuck.

I feel for you. We got stuck on California Screaming for 45 minutes once. I had never experienced claustrophobia before on a ride until that day. It was a really bad feeling of being trapped. I feel for anyone who gets stuck in a situation like that. I believe they also gave us 3 fast passes that day. I guess that's what they do in situations like that. I wonder how they got you down from there? Maybe they manually crank it down the way the do when Mickey's fun wheel of death gets stuck.
This is my fear! I don't even want to ride the now incredicoaster Bc I am worried about getting stuck especially with the chest harness thing!

I've never gotten stuck on Soarin' (only Pirates and Big Thunder) but I wanted to say how awesome that CM was for walking out with you to find your DH so you could get the FPs!

Nope, never stuck on there. But I wouldn't mind - my feet would be off the ground and relaxed and it is nice and cool in there. There are much worse rides to get stuck on.

Last month we were stuck on Indy twice- the first time for almost an hour before we got walked off- the seatbelt sure felt tight and there were several in our group who were getting very antsy indeed. We just received 1 fast pass, I think the heights would def add to the extent of the experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter