Anyone else ticked off......

keys2kingdom

DIS Veteran
that the new resorts seem to be getting their own individual 50 year terms. My beloved BCV never had a prayer since it was the last one added before this seemingly new policy. I'm not slamming the new resorts so please don't take it that way, just wishing that all the older ones had each gotten the same consideration. BCV started out selling with only 40 years, a bum rap if you ask me. Didn't keep me from buying but it does make me very sad now that they are giving each new resort it's own 50 year term. Boo hoo :sad1:

ticked off. No. Figure that's life. Always a better deal just around the corner.

that the new resorts seem to be getting their own individual 50 year terms. My beloved BCV never had a prayer since it was the last one added before this seemingly new policy. I'm not slamming the new resorts so please don't take it that way, just wishing that all the older ones had each gotten the same consideration. BCV started out selling with only 40 years, a bum rap if you ask me. Didn't keep me from buying but it does make me very sad now that they are giving each new resort it's own 50 year term. Boo hoo :sad1:

This is a wild guess, no inside info at all.

Perhaps this is needed to sell RTU timeshares in CA?

-Tony

Those buying did so knowing full well the expiration of the resort and should have known the possibility (likely probability) that new resorts in the future would have a later expiration date. They simply had to at some point to keep selling. What was BCV pre-construction, $70 per point.

I bought in 2002. I got in with a 42 year contract, making me 76 years old when it expires.

I am not upset that I won't own BCV or OKW until I am 86yo.

Now, if we buy AKL, that will put me at 89 years old! :cool1:

Can you imagine???? I hope I am still going to Disney when I am 89yo.;)

On the flip side I guess I won't have to be paying MF into my 80's. Perhaps I'll be glad I'm out of the game.

I bought into BVC in 2003, and I was 32. I knew that I would be 73 in the last year of my DVC stays, but I would not have it any other way than at my beloved BCV.

Did you know that BCV is the closest DVC to EPCOT?;)

Not really. I will be in my 70s, and hope I will still be able and want to go to WDW at that time. If I were younger, I might look to buy into the 2054 expiration.

It only bugs me on the level of "I like to get a bargain" and I sometimes feel that perhaps I did not... Like I bought an expensive outfit and three days later it was on sale. I keep telling myself I will be 78 when it expires and I will be more concerned about moving my bowels at that point... :)

Good grief! I'll be 106 (yeah, right) when AKL expires, but I figure some decendent will benefit.

Don't worry. Those of us buying into these new resorts wish they were selling for what BCV did when it opened...:)

No, when DVC at BCV expires I will be 82 years old. I will worry about that then!

that the new resorts seem to be getting their own individual 50 year terms.
Let's see...new owners are paying about 40% more per point than I did and and getting 25% longer contract than I got at VWL and BWV.

I can live with that! :)

Let's see...new owners are paying about 40% more per point than I did and and getting 25% longer contract than I got at VWL and BWV.

I can live with that! :)

Right. Only ticked we didn't buy even more BCV points back then.:badpc:

If we wanted more years we would sell BCV at a huge profit and buy a longer contract somewhere else-but since nothing compares (IMHO) why do that?

I think you BCV owners are getting the last laugh actually. Those smart enough to own there now hold a resort with the highest resale values.

Now don't ask me how long that will last.............. just enjoy it while it does.

I will be 75 when mine expire! Really the extra 12 years that SSR and now AKV have do not bother me because I would be almost 90 when those contracts come up.

I have heard the arguement "well your kids can use it!" Well I am sorry, but at that point my kids will be in their 50's. If they do not have their own DVC contracts by then, my husband and I have obviously failed in our parenting :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter