• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else underwhelmed by Frozen Ever After?

I think World Showcase could actually be livened up with "Disney-fying" it and adding more attractions to that long boring walk around the lake.

In the 80s .. the concept of "walking around the world" and seeing/tasting/shopping different cultures was pretty unique.

The world is a much smaller place now with travel being easier, local restaurants bring more exotic tastes to your hometown and the internet/TV able to "see" a country's culture much easier than outdated tourist videos can.

Take each country and have turn it into a Disney attraction:
France - Ratatouille
GB - Mary Poppins
China - Mulan
Japan - Big Hero 6

etc. etc.

Each of those movies "embrace" the culture that inspired them, so they still will serve that purpose, but have a fun attraction to go with it in a park that desperately needs attractions.
We always spent a lot of time in Epcot because it was interesting and unique. If it just turns into MK Lite, we might as well just stay at MK which is a far superior park. Just my thoughts.

I'm not sure you can say underwhelming if you got just what you thought the ride w ould be. :rolleyes1

What are people's expectations when they ride Pan, Pooh, Little Mermaid, ect.?
The MK Little Mermaid ride is pretty bleh IMO. Pooh is fine if Tigger works and Peter Pan is a classic. I'm not sure that you can call Frozen Epcot After a classic yet.

I'm sure my point of view will be wildly unpopular, but I'm going to voice it anyway.

We got back LATE Wednesday night after a weeklong stay. We had a FP for Frozen. We were first on line when it broke down, so we were given return FPs. We went back a few mornings later and got right on.

In my opinion, it was... ehh. Yes, it was very cool that they were able to get Olaf to move.

But beyond that, it was scenes from the movie. Well done scenes, but nothing much more.

Somehow with all the hoopla, I was expecting more. Something "Ever After", something about Summer, something that went beyond where the movie went.

I'm glad I saw it. But if I had gotten a second set of FPs, I would have traded them in for yet another viewing of Soarin'.

Again, probably a wildly unpopular point of view. But I wouldn't wait on an incredibly long line in the summer heat for this particular attraction, not when there are Soarin' and Test Track in the same park.

Then again, my youngest child is 13. I'm sure that those with young daughters have a very different point of view.

It wasn't awful. It was a perfectly nice little ride. But not one of my "must sees." I liked the old Norway ride, and probably prefer it to Frozen Ever After.
I agree. We were not impressed, even though I am a Frozen fan. There were so many imaginative possibilities for a Frozen ride, and they chose to make it a Frozen version of Under the Sea. Predictable, tame, and not worth any kind of wait.

Winnie the Pooh & Peter Pan are both much better rides.

I agree, I thought it was just OK. Kind of like Peter Pan

o_O If they ever did away with Peter Pan, I just may quit Disney.

You're probably bitter like me and miss the Norway ride and the nostalgia.

I feel the same way about the new TT in Epcot. I miss the old 'crash test dummy' theming because it reminds me of my childhood. Not a fan of the Tron theme.

I'm most definitely bitter. I want nothing to do with the Frozen ride. I'm not sure if I enjoyed Maelstrom for what it was, or for the fact that it is just part of what has always been there and I liked it that way. It very much went with the theme of Norway. Never a line, just cool little boat ride and video.

I agree about Test Track as well. I have only went in once since the crash dummy days, and ended up leaving via an emergency exit during the design phase. It's safe to say that I don't do well with change. :guilty:

I wasn't a fan of the Frozen movie, but I am looking forward to riding this new ride in November. I think it won't be disappointing to me. What was a disappointing ride when it finally opened, was Ariel at the New Fantasyland. Now there I expected to see new technology and better animatronics.

We just booked fastpasses on Tuesday and picked FEA for our tier one for Epcot. I'm rethinking that choice after reading this! This will be our 9-yr-old girl and 12-year-old boy'a first Disney trip. We figured we would be able to get on Soarin during EMH that night. Bad choice?

I don't know what people expect for new/ refurbished attractions. I'm sure cost is #1 on the list. I haven't been on the new frozen ride but I'm sure it has to be better than the old rendition that was there before. Heck, no one would ever watch the video after the ride. I look forward to experiencing this attraction next month.
Commenting on the mine train, I thought it was a well conceived attraction given the small footprint they had to work with. It is one of the smoothest roller coasters I have ever been on. The seats are a little small..... My only complaint. Everyone must remember that it was constructed in Fantasyland, for little tikes, not to rival Rockin Rollercoaster.

Are you chastising people for expressing opinions that don't match yours on a ride you haven't even been on yet?

I thought it was cute and that's about it. Glad we had Fastpass cause the standby line was 110 minutes at 11 AM. Definitely not worth waiting a quarter of that time. IMHO

I think World Showcase could actually be livened up with "Disney-fying" it and adding more attractions to that long boring walk around the lake.

In the 80s .. the concept of "walking around the world" and seeing/tasting/shopping different cultures was pretty unique.

The world is a much smaller place now with travel being easier, local restaurants bring more exotic tastes to your hometown and the internet/TV able to "see" a country's culture much easier than outdated tourist videos can.

Take each country and have turn it into a Disney attraction:
France - Ratatouille
GB - Mary Poppins
China - Mulan
Japan - Big Hero 6

etc. etc.

Each of those movies "embrace" the culture that inspired them, so they still will serve that purpose, but have a fun attraction to go with it in a park that desperately needs attractions.

I don't find the walk boring, as a matter of fact when I'm at WDW, twice a year, I'm at Epcot every single day and walk around that lake every single time. I find it relaxing and fun. As far as the world being smaller, that is true but the cost of travelling it is prohibitive for some people. I've been lucky enough to get to go to a lot of places but I can go to WDW for a week for around $1100, not counting tickets since I have an AP. There is nowhere outside the continental US that I can go for that amount, last time we went to Hawaii it cost at least $8,000 and that wasn't at a high end resort or even a popular island, we were on the big island since it was a dive trip. For myself, my honey doesn't like to travel unless we are diving so I travel solo. There is no way I would even consider going to Europe solo, that expense would be silly.

Most of the CMs who work in WS are from different countries and love talking about their homes. For some, it's as close as they are going to come to going to those countries.

We just booked fastpasses on Tuesday and picked FEA for our tier one for Epcot. I'm rethinking that choice after reading this! This will be our 9-yr-old girl and 12-year-old boy'a first Disney trip. We figured we would be able to get on Soarin during EMH that night. Bad choice?

We just went a couple of weeks ago. I had two Fastpasses for Frozen on two different days, but I changed one before our trip for Soarin. I regret changing it, because we were able to get right on to Soarin at rope drop on an EMH the first day (the day I had the Frozen Fastpass). I really liked Frozen, and I did want to ride it again, but I didn't want to use up time waiting a long time for it. I feel like I had more opportunity to ride Soarin with a shorter wait later. I checked for Fastpass openings for Frozen, but there were none to be had. Of course, I really liked the Frozen ride. In fact, I teared up a little. But Frozen just does that to me for a lot of personal reasons.

I thought it was cute and that's about it. Glad we had Fastpass cause the standby line was 110 minutes at 11 AM. Definitely not worth waiting a quarter of that time. IMHO
110 minutes, don't think so for us!>:( HOPING for a FP during F&W in October:wizard:, but will not do standby for 110 minutes, that's for certain. We'll have a drink instead!:laughing::drinking1

It was OK. The animatronics were nice. I am glad that we just did it at rope drop instead of wasting an FP+ on it. We will probably skip it in December, since DH and I have seen it now. I would much rather do Soarin'. However, one of our friends hates the new Soarin':confused3 We will have to do FEA next summer when DS comes, because he hasn't seen it yet. If the wait is long, grab a school bread and a viking coffee from Kringla while you wait. That would probably help.

Our family has ridden Maelstrom every trip, and....gasp....watched the video afterward each time. There were always plenty of people viewing it along with us, so don't understand where the "no one would ever watch" comes from. That being said, loved Maelstrom for what it was; sadly disappointed in the change.

Yep, us too! My DH is part Norwegian, so our kids are also, and we enjoyed the ride AND movie. Haven't been on the new ride yet.

Yep, us too! My DH is part Norwegian, so our kids are also, and we enjoyed the ride AND movie. Haven't been on the new ride yet.

I always felt bad/guilty skipping out the video. I'm sure the Norwegian workers are proud of their heritage and enjoy us Americans (or non-Norwegian guests) watching the video and being educated. Makes me feel bad leaving as theyre watching me walk away from them.

Just not a fan of watching movies/videos at Disney since my time is limited.... :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter