Anyone else with mixed vaccines concerned we won't be accepted as "fully vaccinated"?

The UK also used mostly AZ for their vaccine program . And I know there was some mixing there given that all data on mixing was from UK studies.

Looks like AZ has now asked the USA to approve it? Hopefully that will help with some of the issues. I know they don't need it to provide but if they at least approve it it becomes easier for some.

This has turned into such a gong show, I know I'm fully vaccinated and I'm happy about that, and I'm happy I can at least fly to Disney and not quarantine now but not happy about these messed up vaccine restrictions. We were planning on a cruise for February but Disney won't recognize our Canadian vaccinations mixed or not. Has anyone come across a cruise line that will allow the AZ Moderna or Pfizer combination? I've been checking everywhere. There are a few that will allow Pfizer Moderna mix but I haven't found any that will allow any mixes with AZ. We have both situations in my travel party. Just when I thought we would soon be free to travel and now this complication, it feels like it will never end!!

This has turned into such a gong show, I know I'm fully vaccinated and I'm happy about that, and I'm happy I can at least fly to Disney and not quarantine now but not happy about these messed up vaccine restrictions. We were planning on a cruise for February but Disney won't recognize our Canadian vaccinations mixed or not. Has anyone come across a cruise line that will allow the AZ Moderna or Pfizer combination? I've been checking everywhere. There are a few that will allow Pfizer Moderna mix but I haven't found any that will allow any mixes with AZ. We have both situations in my travel party. Just when I thought we would soon be free to travel and now this complication, it feels like it will never end!!

I have not seen any of the major cruise lines who recognize mixing of AZ and an mRNA vaccine to be considered fully vaccinated. See below for fuller answer.

To complicate things even further, I know at least one of the major lines (IIRC it was Royal Carribean whose FAQ I was reading) requires no more than 42 days between the two doses of allowed vaccine. This will be a problem for some Canadians as we were required to wait 8 or more weeks between doses in some provinces. I have not recently delved into the FAQs of the other lines so don't know which of the others may also have a 42 day or similar rule.

Ok I just looked at Celebrity's FAQ: https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/healthy-at-sea/faqs So at least one line WILL recognize AZ-mRNA in that order under specific conditions and only for specific sailings.

Will I be considered fully vaccinated if my first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine is from one manufacturer and the second dose is from another?

Following CDC guidelines, Celebrity will consider a guest fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination that can include mixed doses of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines. Guests sailing on Celebrity Silhouette from Southampton, Celebrity Apex sailing from Athens, or Celebrity Flora, Xploration and Xpedition in the Galapagos, can have mixed doses that include AstraZeneca as long as the AstraZeneca dose is administered first, and then either the Pfizer or Moderna dose within 8-12 weeks. No other mixed vaccine doses will be accepted.

So there may be other lines too...

Not sailing from the US, I believe some are in Europe though (HAL comes to mind). And Celebrity as noted in @Starwind 's answer

Perfect! Lol, I can fly to Greece and then cruise from there! I really just want to do the Disney Cruise which we may end up doing just involves a lot of testing but it is possible, we are planning to fly to our Florida house for a few days before so we will test before we leave, then have to test when we get to Florida to satisfy the 5 days requirement to board the cruise and then test again on embarkation and get the required insurance. All for probably like $500 extra, but maybe things will change before February as well.

Well that's just great! We've had our DCL cruise booked as a replacement twice! Now I might not be able to go at all next March? And, as we all know, it's not the March deadline to clean up this mess, is the by PIF date that we have to have things settled. Mine is in Oct, I think.

Well that's just great! We've had our DCL cruise booked as a replacement twice! Now I might not be able to go at all next March? And, as we all know, it's not the March deadline to clean up this mess, is the by PIF date that we have to have things settled. Mine is in Oct, I think.
As of right now, DCL is not making vaccines mandatory. So while you are invited to upload your vaccine cards it is not mandatory. There will be extra testing but we are subject to that either way coming from outside of the US. Keep in mind these are the policies right now for the Dream (and presumably Fantasy) and could change. But as it stands, if you had a Dream cruise booked say for sometime in August you would be able to sail on DCL.

I'm reading that it could take months (if ever) for mixed doses to be recognized internationally - I *really* hope I don't have to cancel our February trip FOR THE THIRD TIME :p
I read that it can take months (if any) for mixed doses to be recognized internationally. I *really* hope I don't have to cancel our February trip for the third time.

I've seen lots of changes just since posting this thread. Not only are more and more countries accepting mixed doses for travelers, but many are beginning to adopt a mixed schedule for their own citizens, especially when considering a potential booster. I'm not nearly as worried as I was a few weeks ago - I suspect it will be just a matter of weeks before the USA adjusts their protocol.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/mixing-vaccines-canada-1.6123155

I read that it can take months (if any) for mixed doses to be recognized internationally. I *really* hope I don't have to cancel our February trip for the third time.
How do you know whether he/she is reading now or read previously? Why do you suggest ‘if any’, instead of ‘if ever’? Why did you not highlight the missing preposition? The meaning of the original post is clear, but the purpose of your post in uncertain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter