Anyone else worried about the Max8?

India and the EU have now banned the Max 8 from their respective airspace. In Europe Norwegian Airlines, Turkish Airlines and the charter travel group TUI are affected.

How do you know that? I can’t find that info for my next couple of SW flights.

When I pull up my reservation on-line with American it tells me the type of aircraft. For the 1st leg it's a Max8 and the 2nd leg its an Embraer ERJ-175. Coming back it's the opposite. Embraer ERJ-175 for the 1st leg and Max8 for the 2nd. We still have about a month to go so I'm guessing that they'll have more information from the black boxes by then.

If you pull up the flight schedule and click on the flight number, it will tell you the type of aircraft.

Thanks. It’s not working on the mobile site so I’ll check when I’m at work tomorrow. I don’t fly for a month, and hopefully they will have some more answers by then, but knowing will keep me from needlessly worrying.

OMG my mom called me and started asking about my upcoming June flight on southwest and asking me if I was nervous because the plane is unsafe and blah blah blah. Finally I stopped her and asked her if she was trying to make me scared or what? For the record I’m not the least bit nervous but I had to tell her to not say anything to my teenager. It was almost comical how she was reading a news article on it to me and seemingly trying to scare me.

Okay my kids and I are both on 737-700s but my husband flies out a few days later on a 737-800. Is that the Max 8?

Thanks. It’s not working on the mobile site so I’ll check when I’m at work tomorrow. I don’t fly for a month, and hopefully they will have some more answers by then, but knowing will keep me from needlessly worrying.

If you use the mobile browser you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click view full site. Then search for flights and find yours. Click on the flight number to the right of the number of stops and the info will come up.

Attachments

• DA5E1FF0-55EF-41D8-8789-B82B62DAB0BC.jpeg
    DA5E1FF0-55EF-41D8-8789-B82B62DAB0BC.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 10
My best friend is an FA on AA. (Has been for 30 years.) She was supposed to fly on a Max8 on Monday but refused to do so. She will not fly on them.

So currently none of my family members are scheduled to fly on Max8s, but we do have a lot of SW travel coming up in the next few months. We live in a SW city and it's one of our only options, so we travel SW a lot. Right now, we are scheduled to fly on 737-700s and 737-800s. Does equipment ever change at the last minute? I know gates can change, crews can change, and planes can change, but do they ever change the actual aircraft? All of our flights are between Baltimore and Tampa, and from what I've read, it seems like the Max 8's are used for longer haul flights, but I did notice maybe one flight a day from BWI-TPA or BWI-MCO that is on the Max 8.

I'm also a little less concerned, in that we don't fly until mid-April, and hopefully by then we will have more answers, and/or a grounding of the Max 8's.

Thanks! That’s crazy considering the my only make up 5% of SW’s fleet or something like that.
WN puts them almost exclusively on longer segments because of its much better fuel economy, and it's their entire ETOPS fleet so if you're going into HNL, it will be a MAX 8 100% of the time.

Personally, my next flight is on an A321, but I'd honestly prefer if it were on a MAX 8. I have two more flights on MAX 8's already booked, and flew on it twice already this calendar year.

The domestic pilot unions have put out statements that they are confident in the aircraft and the pilots. If the pilots were worried about the Max8 then the unions would be broadcasting that the Max8s should be grounded. If the pilots are confident then so am I.

There absolutely appears to be something wrong w/ AoA sensor and the MCAS software, in addition, flight manuals and training for this model have left something to be desired. Even US-airline based pilots have complained about all of these items (it has been in the news today).

Last edited:
They are now grounded in the US as well. I have an upcoming flight scheduled on one so I'm wondering how this will impact it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter