Anyone ever gone week prior to Labor Day?

Mooneybeams

Mousketeer
We will be in WDW the 8 days prior to labor day, anyone know how the crowds are that week? Thanks!

we went four days before this past year (and will be there the week before this year). Crowds were down...it was wonderful (except for the actual weekend..that picked up some, and hotel pool was very crowed over the holiday). Most all of the sourthern kids were back in school...so just some northern kids were there.

It is hot, so be prepared. We bought water thermoses wrapped with insulation at Walmart, and premeasured lemonade. We had them filled with ice water in the parks and made our own lemonade.

When you refer to the week before labor day I assume you are talking about the last week of August. My family has been 4 times to Disney World that last week and we love it!! Crowds drop off a great deal due to a lot of the schools being back in session. This year we are going the 10th - 24th of August because I am a teacher and I have to return to work that last week of August. Also many times rates drop that last week as well. It is very very hot so plan on lots of water or as we like to do take a mid-day break to cool off.

Crowds definately slow down. I have gone in the beginning of Aug 2x and once at the end and there was a noticeable difference. At the end of the month, Splash Mt. was practically a walk on and on the trips earlier in the month, there was a long wait.

Labor Day is early this year, so schools upp north here go back early.

We love the last week of August! It is hot, but that's summer in FL - and the crowds are way down and "value" season has begun. We did notice a difference in crowd levels Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Much busier than the days preceeding.

The trade-off is you are on fall hours - MK is open 9-6 - and Spectro and Fireworks are typically on Sat. nite only.

So far there are no e-nites scheduled for this time period. Last year there were two - but they popped those into the schedule shortly before we left...so they still could this year.

Many, many schools start up prior to Labor Day - I think the Northeast quadrant is an exception rather than a rule. Even my friend's children in CT are returning prior to Labor Day this year. We think it's a great week to go.

We will be there :p . We are going from 8/21-9/3. School starts back on the 5th for us. We wont get back till the 4th so I will have to make sure everything is ready for the kids for school before we go.

Lisa

That used to be our week to go when the kids were in school. Crowds are lighter. The hours are cut back but I don't think as much as in January which is when we go now that dd in college. We always enjoyed the end of August. We liked to take a swim when we got back from the Parks at night to cool off and relax. Seldom get that chance in Jan!

We LOVE the last week in August at Disney!

For the past 2 years we went that week and we're going again this year 8/26-9/3! But it is definetely hot! Be prepared for that.
The crowds slow down a bit too.

Beka's Mom:D

I'm thinking of squeezing in a trip the last week of August. How are the rates you guys are getting on rooms?

The whole month of Aug. is value season for the deluxe resorts, and Aug. 24th on is values season for the rest, I believe. We went at the end of Aug. in 1995, and we ran into Tropical Storm Jerry. It rained quite a bit, but it didn't slow us down at all. It wasn't that crowded, and we had a great time. we're considering going at the end of Aug. next year, too.

I have the Caribbean Beach for $89 and Wilderness Lodge for $135 (Woodsview)

Make sure you book today, its the last day for the codes.

Lisa

How about the 3rd week in August - are crowds as light as the 4th week? Just wondering - We'll be there Aug 17 - 24 either way!

Morganne's Mommy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter