Anyone ever have a facelift?

lvthemouse

Earning My Ears
Anyone ever have a facelift or neck lift? As I get older I have really noticed how badly my face and jowls are sagging. I am seriously considering having one and would like to know the good, bad, and the ugly.

I've pondered the idea but am afraid I could look worse! Not sure I want to risk it, although whenever I look in the mirror I cringe. I definitely feel younger than I look. I'm curious to hear other folks experiences.

I had one two years ago. Eyelids, lower eyes, full facelift and neck lift. Was 50 at the time.
For me it was totally worth it. Had it the Monday before a thanksgiving and was able to be at thanksgiving dinner - and swelling was gone and had minimal bruising.
The pain the first day or two wasn’t fun. And sleeping with the head elevated was annoying. Had to do eye drops every few hours.
I was always asked if I was tired - because my eyelids drooped so badly - no more!
If you have any specific questions let me know.

I had one two years ago. Eyelids, lower eyes, full facelift and neck lift. Was 50 at the time.
For me it was totally worth it. Had it the Monday before a thanksgiving and was able to be at thanksgiving dinner - and swelling was gone and had minimal bruising.
The pain the first day or two wasn’t fun. And sleeping with the head elevated was annoying. Had to do eye drops every few hours.
I was always asked if I was tired - because my eyelids drooped so badly - no more!

Wow - I didn't realize one would feel up to socializing or not look like they'd been run over by a truck so soon after! I find that very interesting...I've given a lift some thought in the past few years - was it a day surgery or did you spend the night? How long did it take before you felt yourself again?

Thanks for sharing!

:flower3: May I ask how much it cost? I’ve daydreamed about procedures but assume it’s expensive and not a fair way for me to spend family resources. I’ve never gotten up the nerve to even have a consult to find out for sure.

I recently had Agnes and Scarlet treatments (micro needling and lasers) for skin tightening. There is little down time and I am very pleased with the results.

There's a group on facebook for facelifts (just do a search and you will see it!) that has so much info, along with before/after photos, etc. I joined the group just to see, and now it makes me want a FL b/c the photos are amazing!!!

I think that all women think about it... with the way our society is constantly trying to look younger, be younger acting, you have to look a certain way... well the fountain of youth doesn't exist...

For me the answer is No Thanks I'm good with how I look, and even with the laugh lines, and all the other signs of aging I am okay with it... Plus seeing what a former boss went through and a couple of my friends... plus I am a big sissy... so again No Thanks...

I had a boss one time that had one, and the bruising and swelling were terrible 2 to 3 weeks, it was like 2 months before she even looked kinda normal... and the scars behind her ears were so bad, and supposedly hidden in the hairline were not so hidden... she felt she could not wear her hair up any more, because she was so self-conscious about the scaring, and was constantly moving her hair over her eyes and forehead ... She went to a top plastic surgeon who was supposed the best around...

I have a friend that had it done, and she was pleased, and she looked pretty much the same....she told me once that she wished she had never had it done, she said she hated how it made her feel about herself afterwards...

I have another friend that is addicted to plastic surgery, you can't even see any resemblance of what she looked... she look like a living mannequin, and not a good way... she has had so much work done that she has to wear a sleep mask at night, because her eye lids don't shut all the way..

I have a few other friends that have had it done, and were all good to go with it... and few that go the filler route with injections and such...one of my friends just decided against it, after talking to her therapist, she realized that the face lift would not make the real roots of her problems go away...

I personally would do a ton of research on the plastic surgeon, and if its at a surgery center, does the doctor have hospital privileges for emergency, or complications...as well have a conversation with yourself about your reasons for wanting it, weigh the pro's and con's, maybe even speak to someone that can help you make weigh everything out so you make the best decision for you...

Whatever you decide...wishing you good luck and sending you healthy does of pixie dust

It was a 3 1/2 hour procedure and I was able to go home that afternoon. Follow up the next day and then three days after that.
Mine was the Monday before Thanksgiving, and I returned to work the following Monday.

No swelling or bruising a week out. I went to a doctor who specializes in natural - everything looks better - nothing looks tight.
It is however not cheap - I had three consults that ranged from 24,000-36,000. Took it out of "my" money, not our joint account.

A woman I knew casually camped in the same area for several years with us. She was generally “hidden” in cargo shorts and an oversized t shirt.
One year she appeared after obviously having surgery and working out (skin looked toned). She looked joyous and I gave her a thumbs up and got a big ol‘ grin back from her husband. No idea what type of surgery she had but it obviously made her happy.

Last edited:
A woman I knew casually camped in the same area for several years with us. She was generally “hidden” in cargo shorts and an oversized t shirt.
One year she appeared after obviously having surgery and working out (skin looked toned). She looked joyous and I gave her a thumbs up and got a big ol‘ grin back from her husband. No idea what type of surgery she had but it obviously made her happy.

I had what many would consider a cosmetic "procedure" about 6 years ago. It was very much a plastic surgery situations, but tt was covered 100% by my medical insurance at the time due to side effects of associated issues. It was a overnight stay and 2-3 week recovery. I felt so much better afterwards about it - after agonizing over whether to do it or not for a few years - and it was the best decision I ever (finally!)made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter