• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever stay in Santee, SC?

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to map out our Christmas drive to WDW. Hubby wants to drive straight-thru, but I have my doubts about safety, so I'm leaning towards stopping overnite and was wondering if any of you have ever stopped in Santee.

Thanks!!

Santee is where we usually stop. We stay at the Hampton Inn - it's a nice new one and you can book online. It's right off 95, can't remember the exit number. It's also easy to get to if you drive down on 81 instead (this is what we did on our Dec. trip). Much nicer drive...unless it snows.

We've driven to Fl. (from No. NJ) several times a year for the last 10 years. Having done both, driving straight through and and stopping for the night, I'd definitely recommend stopping for the night. A few hours of sleep, a shower and breakfast get your vacation off to a better and safer start.

We stayed in Santee, SC in both directions on our trip last December. Both times we stayed at Clark's Inn right off I95. There is usually a coupon in the travel brochures you can pick up at the Welcome Center. Also, at the Welcome Center someone will be glad to call Clark's to check availability & make a reservation. Clark's has a restaurant on site & both breakfast & dinner were good!

We stay at the Best Western in Santee everytime we drive down. I believe the exit is 98. Rooms are clean and the restaurant on property is a nice place for dinner. They serve a free continental breakfast starting at 6:30 AM.

We've also stayed at the Best Western, it's where we always stay on our way down now! Nice clean rooms, nice restaurant!

We've also stayed at the Best Western. It was very clean, pleasant and the restaurant was very nice. I strongly recommend it! :)

We just returned 3 days ago from a drive to WDW. We stopped over in Santee and stayed at the Hampton Inn. I was really impressed. Everything about it was new. The rooms were spacious, outside pool was clean, and overall was the best hotel we have ever stayed in on 95 during our travels to WDW. We are returning in October and will book a night there again. Also I am not a big breakfast eater and usually avoid those so called FREE continental breakfasts at all the hotels we stay at but this one was really nice. They had a all kinds of fresh pastries, donuts, bagels, different breads, sausage biscuits, and all the condiments to go with them. They also had many types of cold cereals, juices, whole fruits, and even nutrigrain bars. My mother was thrilled at the site of V-8 juice! LOL! I like the coffee dispensers that also put out hot chocolate, mocha coffee, and regular and decaf. I cannot say enough about this part. As I said I hate those freebie meals as they are usually not fit for a dog but this one was so nicely done that they should charge for it. :)

I collected postcards from all my trips - and I have one from Clark's Motel that is 35 years old!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter