Anyone ever used points to stay at Whitehall in Chicago?

prncssjas

Running, Disney, Aladdin...
I just returned from a weekend shopping excursion in Chicago and I started thinking...I know that we can exchange points to stay at the Whitehall Hotel in Chicago. Has anyone ever stayed there? Is it nice? Is it near Michigan Avenue? We stayed at the Drake and that was gorgeous!!! Is this comparable? I really love Chicago and of course...looking for any excuse to go back! LOL!!! ;)

I have not stayed at the Whitehall, but did walk by it to check it out on my last trip to Chicago. It is located about a block from the Magnificent Mile. From a distance it looks like a much older place, but up close the old brick high-rise takes on a certain charm. We stayed at the White Swan Inn in San Francisco which was also a quaint, older hole in the wall on DVC points and loved it. In Chicago I managed to score rooms at a Doubletree (wonderful) on Priceline for $50 a night. Unbeatable deal.

Chris

I live in Chicago and have been to the Whitehall many times on business. Very nice hotel on the Nation Register of Historical Places. It is 1 block off Michigan avenue near the Hancock Building (3 bloocks from the Drake). Not sure what the points are but it is a nice place.

Our family of four stayed at the Whitehall last summer. The room was nice, but I don't know if it is on the level of the Drake. The lobby is nice and the bar is beautifully done in rich wood. The rooms were elegant and big enough for the four of us. Valet parking was efficient and we just left them our keys, even though once we practically parked on the street.
You are only across the block from the John Hancock tower and we were on the observation deck at sunset, stunning. You could see the rooftop pools and some of the park fountains lit up at night. My dw and dd went to the American Girls mueseum, only 2 blocks from our hotel, and we also saw the downtown mueseums and zoos. However, after eating in downtown Chicago without an expense account, eating at WDW is quite a bargain!

I stayed at the Whitehall

Although this was a high class hotel ,
it didn't require you to be high class.
It was very nice we were treated excellent ( and we were treated like every other guest) and it definitely helped us out regarding value. ( The hotels value was about $300 a night I believe) The hotel even went out of its way to get my husband a tie to borrow when he couldn't find his last minute. Again we were quite satisfied.

They greeted us with "Welcome Home" Everytime we entered which I thought was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter