Anyone familiar with American airlines in Philadelphia?

lvthemouse

Earning My Ears
Looking to book a flight to the Bahamas. One option is to book on American. It would be in a smaller American eagle flight -a 45- minute layover - then larger American flight to Nassau. I have never been in the Philly airport. My question is would 45 minutes be a long enough layover?

Assuming your first plane lands on time, 45 minutes should be sufficient. If you are flying in on American eagle, you will most likely pull up to terminal F. American flights fly from A West (International) and A East (Domestic) to B and sometimes C. Luckily PHL doesn’t have any sort of monorail, or train system to navigate. While I haven’t used it, there is a bus that picks you up at terminal F and takes you to a stop between Terminal A East and Terminal B.

https://www.wikihow.com/Travel-Between-Terminals-A-and-F-at-Philadelphia-International-Airport-(PHL)

As much as I dislike both airports, if flying American to the Bahamas I would route thru Miami over Philly. Miami has more daily flights to Nassau so if something gets delayed there's a better chance of still making it same day. While 45m is probably "plenty of time" to make it if your first flight is on time....that's not a connection time I'd be comfortable with.

I feel like air travel today is somewhat playing defense. Travellers need to anticipate delays and have plan B, C, and D ready. I personally would never stake my vacation on a 45 connection....but hopefully those that do have it work out. Most times it does.

Agree with the pp, if possible, try to change your layover to MIA instead of PHL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter