Anyone from Indiana?

:thumbsup2 hello Hoosiers! We are in Schererville, DH from Ft. Wayne,met at BSU in Muncie and used to live in Noblesville.....but we work in Chicago

Hi!! I'm from Sturgis, MI, 5 miles north of the IN border. We live in Michiana, according to my favorite radio station.:goodvibes

Hello from the shore of Lake Michigan. I live by the Michigan state line, but in IN!!

Hi from the south side of INDY. We'll be in Huntington this weekend wrestling & heading to WDW in June with 2 wrestling teams. :yay:

B

We'll be driving from Ft. Wayne to WDW for our trip in April. Our group includes myself, my husband, our almost-5-year-old and almost-one-year-old, as well as my husband's parents (so we're taking two cars). We haven't decided on when we're leaving exactly, and I thought I'd ask here for input from anyone who's also made the drive from Indiana. We're pretty sure we don't want to drive straight through because of the kiddies. My husband's grandma lives about an hour southwest of Atlanta, so we could possibly stop there, but we could also just stop in a cheap hotel somewhere. Our goal is to arrive at our hotel (All Star Movies) by late morning on Monday April 21st.

Any suggestions on when we should leave, where to stop, etc.?

This is my first post, and I am proudly making it from South Bend, IN

From Munster myself. But spend a bit of time out your way.

Love Tippecanoe Place, that's for sure! :)

welcome.gif

Saying Hey from La Porte, Indiana!

Howdy, Steph!

I get to LaPorte a lot. I especially love to go when it's flower planting time as no one has a better selection than Bernacchi's!

We drove down to Orlando last month (16 hours one way, not too bad). This month we are flying (leave Saturdayf or 8 days). We like to visit WDW about once a month from September thru March. It gets cold here in Indiana. Thank goodness for Disney Vacation Club. We love it.

We'll be driving from Ft. Wayne to WDW for our trip in April. Our group includes myself, my husband, our almost-5-year-old and almost-one-year-old, as well as my husband's parents (so we're taking two cars). We haven't decided on when we're leaving exactly, and I thought I'd ask here for input from anyone who's also made the drive from Indiana. We're pretty sure we don't want to drive straight through because of the kiddies. My husband's grandma lives about an hour southwest of Atlanta, so we could possibly stop there, but we could also just stop in a cheap hotel somewhere. Our goal is to arrive at our hotel (All Star Movies) by late morning on Monday April 21st.

Any suggestions on when we should leave, where to stop, etc.?

I hate driving through the night, so last time we went we left at 4am and drove straight through. We were at the rental villa by 9:30pm after taking our time at stops for the kids to stretch and to eat.

I will suggest stopping somewhere on the way home and staying because we did not and were SOOOO tired on the drive home. This time we will drive straight through there, but stop in Chattanooga on the way home for a night.

Thanks, Chelley. I think we'll definitely be stopping in Georgia on the way home (at Grandma's house), both for a visit and because we'll be exhausted and not in any hurry to get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter