Anyone Game? It’s my Sep 2013 Blog! I'm home; with a TR link in #1189, 10/14

You are much more organized than me! You have to be! Your trips are so much more involved!

I can't wait to see you, I guess it is two weeks from today we will already have had lunch. And if this stupid house ever comes together, you will have gotten to tour it by the time we are going to bed two weeks from tonight! :hyper:

Then we will be enjoying the DLR in another couple days! :cool1: Then you have some time to enjoy yourselves before we meet up again!

Yay! :banana: :yay: :cool1: :dance3: :yay: :cool1:

I'm getting excited for you and your family that your trip is coming up.

Me too Bret. Pity we can't catch up this trip but I hope we can in the future.

You sound very organised PIO :thumbsup2 Can't believe it's only 2 weeks away now!

Sounds.......(like looks)......are everything! :rotfl:

Yay, two weeks!

I know! Can you believe that this trip has been in the planning for close on 2 years? To have it finally get to under two weeks is surreal.

You are much more organized than me! You have to be! Your trips are so much more involved!

I can't wait to see you, I guess it is two weeks from today we will already have had lunch. And if this stupid house ever comes together, you will have gotten to tour it by the time we are going to bed two weeks from tonight! :hyper:

Then we will be enjoying the DLR in another couple days! :cool1: Then you have some time to enjoy yourselves before we meet up again!

Yay! :banana: :yay: :cool1: :dance3: :yay: :cool1:

If you don't tell anyone, I'll let you in on a secret. I might have my PLANS worked out but there is only one certainty with plans......

The minute you write them down, in reality, they'll be wrong. :rotfl:

There's a line from one of my favorite shows that goes something like "What you plan and what happens aren't always the same thing". Accurate :)

My favorite line is I plan and God laughs :rotfl: and for those of you who have been following MY life since January ain't that the truth ...all good I am learning to go with the flow more & more ( still have my :hyper: moments though)

I've been planning for years to move back to Florida... But now, depending on how things work out with this new boyfriend, that might be changing. Such is life, right? :)

There's a line from one of my favorite shows that goes something like "What you plan and what happens aren't always the same thing". Accurate :)

:thumbsup2

My favorite line is I plan and God laughs :rotfl: and for those of you who have been following MY life since January ain't that the truth ...all good I am learning to go with the flow more & more ( still have my :hyper: moments though)

I sure hope that I get to laugh with God. :goodvibes

Hooray :yay: for less than two weeks to go now! So excited for you and your family!! :woohoo:

And on the 17th September, I will be looking for Polaris and thinking of you and your family arriving at WDW. :thumbsup2

(I won't forget to wish upon that star!)

well I KNOW I will ( sure you will too ) thats where we got our sense of humor from anyway Can't imagine going through life without one :) would make it all so much harder

Love and laughter, Ruthie. Love and laughter. :hug:

My Planned DisMeets

I’m now on the cusp of hitting single digits for this countdown. It's scary how fast it goes at this stage. Part of me is trying to hang on to that delicious anticipation feeling but I know before too long, I'll be posting the Thunderbird countdown.

This trip started out because a bunch of us Dis-sers on the Gamers board decided that it would be cool to meet up at WDW. It's been nearly 2 years in the planning and who would have thought in 2011 that this time would actually come?
So, for those of you interested, here's a summary of the DisMeets in the works.

13 September 2013. Franandaj. What can I say about Alison…..and Fran? Alison and I have been 2D-friends in the box for over 3 years and despite that little pond between her location and mine, we will always have Disneyland. I've now met up with Alison and Fran on two, if not three, other times.
On this trip, franandaj will be the first Dis-sers we meet. On arrival and once we clear customs, we will head out to have lunch with franandaj.

15 – 16 September 2013. We will be hanging out at DLR with franandaj. I think we plan to go see a number of shows together.
There is the possibility of a catch up with another Dis-ser; but we haven't firmed up anything other than a vague “Wouldn’t it be nice to say a quick hello……” for the morning of the 15th. We’ll see.

17 September 2013. I'm going to be having a quick lunch with the Dis-ser with the highest post count I know in Phoenix. It will be the one chance we have to actually meet in 3D and I'm moving heaven and earth for the lunch!

30 September 2013. Dhorner and her Disney cousin will be at MK. We have previously met in DLR and we plan to meet up at WDW. At this stage, we've kept the arrangement fairly loose…..but I think we'll meet up at dinner. It's likely that I'll also bump into franandaj at MK….at least I hope so!

1 October 2013. We’re travelling over 9000 miles from the ANZAC countries for a DisMeet in Orlando! WanderlustNZ and Jade+3 and I have plans to catch up at Epcot after lunch. I'm also hoping that another Aussie, GrazingGoat1966, can also make the date.

2 October 2013. Dinner tonight will be with Fran and Alison in DTD.

3 October 2013. Bobbiwoz, luvchefmic, franandaj, me and our families will be enjoying breakfast together. Some of us are planning on hitting DHS afterwards for a spot of 3D gaming!!

I'm looking forward to meeting Bobbiwoz. You know how it is when you're the new kid on the Dis.....no one will talk to you just in case you turn out to be a troll. Bobbiwoz would be one of the first 5 people on the Dis to strike up a one-line conversation with me.

As for luvchefmic.....our friendship also goes back 3 years and we have previously met in 2010. I hope to reinforce the friendship some more.
Dinner will be with Fran and Alison.

4 October 2013. Major Gamer's DisMeet day. Bobbiwoz, franandaj, TiffanyD, SunDial, me and our families will be having dinner together and then enjoying a Wishes cruise together. Hopefully, we'll all stay on-board, on-course and dry!

5 October 2013. If Friday is a major DisMeet, dinner tonight will be equally as major. We're planning a cook-out and Bobbiwoz, franandaj, TiffanyD, luvchefmic, me and our families will be sharing food around the BBQ.

6 October 2013. Luvchefmic, me and our families are planning on being at MNSSHP. Bobbiwoz will be at MK and I'm hoping to meet her DH before the party starts!
I believe that IowaTater will be at MNSSHP. I hope we vaguely bump into her. One of the other Anzacs will also be at the party on this night and we are hoping to bump into each other as well.

We check out early on the 7th; and I will be very sad. But as I look at the list above, I hope that I will be one happy Dis-ser and all the richer for spending 3D time with my 2D Gamer friends.

And if any of you see me at DLR, WDW or on my travels, please come say hello. I promise I don't bite (much). :teeth:

princess::upsidedow

My Planned DisMeets

6 October 2013. Luvchefmic, me and our families are planning on being at MNSSHP. Bobbiwoz will be at MK and I'm hoping to meet her DH before the party starts!
I believe that IowaTater will be at MNSSHP. I hope we vaguely bump into her. One of the other Anzacs will also be at the party on this night and we are hoping to bump into each other as well.

We will be there for sure! We have a 4:00 dinner reservation at LTT and then we will head to the party. Hope to see you!

Love and laughter, Ruthie. Love and laughter. :hug: As for luvchefmic.....our friendship also goes back 3 years and we have previously met in 2010. I hope to reinforce the friendship some more.

:hug: my hearts desire too princess::upsidedow Miss you very much but in some ways I can not believe it has been just the one time & 3 yrs ago This is going to be wonderful !...always Love & Laughter my dear friend

That is a lot of DISmeets. I have come close to having my first twice (both with Jo) but am still waiting. Someday. Sounds like you will all have a lot of fun. Looking forward to reading about it.

We will be there for sure! We have a 4:00 dinner reservation at LTT and then we will head to the party. Hope to see you!

:thumbsup2

:hug: my hearts desire too princess::upsidedow Miss you very much but in some ways I can not believe it has been just the one time & 3 yrs ago This is going to be wonderful !...always Love & Laughter my dear friend

I know. 3 years is a long time between drinks! And I think of you every day when I walk into the kitchen. Those pot holders are hanging on the wall near the kettle....still.

That is a lot of DISmeets. I have come close to having my first twice (both with Jo) but am still waiting. Someday. Sounds like you will all have a lot of fun. Looking forward to reading about it.

Thanks. I sure hope you get a DisMeet with one of the Cali group soon. :thumbsup2

Wow, that's a lot of socializing, that's for sure!

I don't think I could deal with that many commitments to others at Disneyworld. I like doing WDW MY way. (Cue Frank Sinatra> :rotfl:) We've talked of going to DIsney with friends and just don't want to be weighed down. Not to say we aren't above getting together with someone for a night or a day, but really I couldn't do that many meets! Outside of Disney, sure, but my park time is for me (and DW and DD - who don't seem to disagree with my lead - which is good for them!)

That said, it's pretty awesome for you that you get to visit with so many friends. Hope you have a great time. Can't believe it's almost here for you.

Wow, that's a lot of socializing, that's for sure!

I don't think I could deal with that many commitments to others at Disneyworld. I like doing WDW MY way. (Cue Frank Sinatra> :rotfl:) We've talked of going to DIsney with friends and just don't want to be weighed down. Not to say we aren't above getting together with someone for a night or a day, but really I couldn't do that many meets! Outside of Disney, sure, but my park time is for me (and DW and DD - who don't seem to disagree with my lead - which is good for them!)

That said, it's pretty awesome for you that you get to visit with so many friends. Hope you have a great time. Can't believe it's almost here for you.

We're doing WDW a lot different this time. Plus we have to eat. So a lot of the DisMeets are at dinner time and we can come and go if we want at the other times.

And yes, I'm also interested to see how it all unfolds on this trip. DH and I usually like to do our own thing (OUR way, Ol' Blue Eyes and all) in our own time.

A Morning with the Zoo Life

You might have noticed that I do like taking pictures. It's been a hobby that I've been indulging in since 2010 when I discovered the Photography sub-forum on the Dis. It was a scavenger hunt thread that had me looking down the barrel of a lens and I guess I've continued to look down that barrel ever since.

About 2 months ago, I started a new thread for the scavenger hunt and with this holiday fast approaching, there were a number of categories that I wanted to get before leaving the country......and I knew I would find them at the Melbourne Zoo.
I wasn't there long; and I only covered about 2 sections of the zoo. And aside from ticking off a couple of categories, I think it was time well spent on practicing for Animal Kingdom.

The Aussie section of the Zoo.

I’ve always like animals with wings.....

….of any feather.

The elephants were out in force.

So cute!

This section of the zoo also houses the orangutans. It was a cold and grey day in Melbourne today; and the orangutans were all resting in their blankets to keep warm.

There is also a butterfly enclosure at the zoo. It was pretty nice in there; so I made the most of keeping warm and shooting more animals with wings.

Despite the weather, it was pretty nice at the zoo. There was hardly anyone there! Something that I am going to remember and maybe make a return trip mid-week in summer.
And I certainly enjoyed the Animal Kingdom practice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter