• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Going to WDW in January?

We are going to be there the 12th-17th. Can't wait. We have been in Feb. before but never in January. Praying for some nice weather.

We were there last year I think the same week. We will be there this Jan from 01/04-01/09. We are going for the half marathon this year. Last year it was FREEZING!!! We saw icicles on more than one morning. It was the cold snap that was coming through and I am pretty sure it was warmer back home in upstate NY. We are hoping for warmer weather....assuming weather like that could not happen two years in a row.

Crowds were not horrible, except car traffic marathon weekend. We packed for everything but needed winter jackets so we froze in hoodies, gloves and scarves!!!

Yes! Jan 1-7 !

I can't wait! Kids still have no clue, it's their Christmas present. I'll be so happy when I can share my excitement with them :)

we will be there December 31-Jan 8... I'm just praying for clement weather :confused3

I am thinking of going in January but needs to make other things happen before I can put plans in place

We always head down this time of year (normally 1st week of January), but this year we will be there 1/8-1/14. Hoping for some much warmer weather this year for multiple reasons. One is the fact that it never got over 55 degrees the entire week last year. The other reason though is that surprisingly it was more crowded than I have ever seen it that week. I think it was because of the cold and the fact that no one could either swim or go to the water parks giving everyone only 1 option and that was to go to the parks.

Here is to hoping for 75 and sunny all week!

We'll be at CBR. Jan 2-10th. I am crossing my fingers for decent weather.

We are also going to be there Jan. 2 - Jan. 10. This will be our first trip in January and our first stay at POR. Looking forward to the very low crowd levels....also looking forward to cool temps, but not wanting cold temps!

:thumbsup2

That's exciting BuckBart! Where are you staying? We will be there from 11-16 at POFQ

We're staying off site at the Sheraton Vistana Villages ... being newbies and before we bought into any of the guides we booked the air and hotel. We know for next time.

We're going Jan 26th to Feb 11th staying at OKW! Sooooo excited! We were at POR this year last two weeks in Jan and although it was cold in the evenings, we had quite a lot of sunshine. We used the pools quite a few times and even spent a day at Typhoon Lagoon. I think we just missed the worst of the cold snap. We're hoping that going a whole 2 weeks later will make it tropical ;);)

We will be there in January as well. Can't wait!!!

As long as its warmer then 55 during the day, I'll be happy!! Since we aren't out much at night.

We'll be there Jan. 2 - 9. It is our first January trip. I am so excited, but I can't say a word. It is a Christmas present for DD.
I ordered the personalized M & Ms for her to do the reveal on Christmas morning. I can't wait!!!

We'll be down the 4th - 9th for our first January trip as well. The biggest crowds (per the crowd calendar) is on Thursday the 6th with a level of "4". The rest of the days are 1-3 levels.

Hopefully that's the case and there is some warm weather as well! :thumbsup2

TX

We're heading down from 1/5/11 - 1/15/11. Staying at POP. Hubby is attempting goofy-dom! Can't wait...been checking the expiration dates on my groceries...love to find stuff like OJ with my vacation dates...how weird am I??? :upsidedow

We are going down Jan 12-19th for our first family trip (ANYWHERE!) I am counting down the days till Christmas morning when this big SURPRISE can finally be celebrated!:woohoo:

:thumbsup2

We will be there from the 8th - 17th! At Pop!

Hoping for decent weather - meaning no rain!

Hey Minnesota - (North Dakota here) - we'll be at POP January 7th to 18th! First trip for the kids (ages 8 & 11). We are definitely getting excited and are hoping for warm weather! Yes, I know anything will be warmer than ND - but I want to be cozy warm - not just semi warm. :)

DD and I will be there Jan 6-10 hoping crowds okay due to Marathon that weekend as well. Staying at CBR which is our first time at this resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter