Anyone have a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica (weighing it against the Honda Odyssey)

I bought a Chrysler mini van along with a lifetime warranty 10 years ago. Van has almost 200,000 miles and still going strong. My recommendation is to buy the Pacifica and buy a lifetime warranty if they still have them. Don't buy warranty from your dealer. Shop around. I bought mine from our of state dealer and saved a couple thousand

Not both companies. As I stated earlier in thread, be wary of Honda now a days. They are not the same cars we all purchased the last 30 years. Now consumer reports agrees.
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...ose-cr-recommendation-car-reliability-survey/

Absolute nonsense. Consumer Reports is best left to testing washing machines. The stuff they've done over the years with cars is beyond silly. They put a Cadillac XTS and VWs on the recommended list? Oh brother.... :lmao: Go ahead and buy one...just make sure you've got a heck of a warranty and back up transportation plans.

Some of those rating sites also include people's opinion of the vehicle in what they consider. Some auto companies are known to encourage their employes to post good reviews of their product and negative reviews of competitors. (You don't even need to prove you own such a vehicle to post comments, which makes NO sense.) Vehicle quality of all brands has improved over the years, but you still tend to get those who had 1 bad experience 10 yrs ago bashing the company whenever they can.

I would stick to talking with friends/relatives/neighbors who actually own current vehicles for their input. Online you mostly opinions of this or that and really have no way to know if they ever owned/drove those vehicles.

Id like to buy a Cadillac... Just can't bring myself to deal with the reliability and poor resale value...
Honda and Toyota can certainly have issues no one can predict that... They had issues with the older 4 speed transmissions on all with a V6 back in the early 2000's
As far as Honda and Toyota having engine issues well that is very very rare they have few engines and mass produce them year after year after year after year... they have one V6 and a few 4's in different variations with slightly different size but in the end they are the same engine and use a lot of the same parts and that is why they are so reliable...
If you can get past the so called main stream names Kia and Hyundai make a car that is worth looking at and proven reliable these days...
I think these Dodge has improved a lot being a lot of the drive train parts are in fact Mercedes.. as far as the interior and electronics they are Dodge and can have major issues or none at all... but odds are you will issues at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter