Anyone have a D2X?

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
I'd like to pick your brain if you do--espeacilly if you "moved up" to it from a D-70.

Anne

I don't currently have a D2X but I have used one as I reviewed it in the past so I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. I've also reviewed the D100 and the D70s and own both of these so I may be able to answer differences questions. I will be the first to admit I am no expert on the D2X but I'll help however I can.

Jeff

Specifically, shooting in Aperture mode, continuous frames, in lower lighting conditions, how much faster is the digital processor when shooting RAW/NEF? Is there truly a noticable difference? (I use San Disk Ultra II one gig CF cards) I understand the processor is able to cache a lot more data without bogging down shutter response speed or just suspending further image capture, and that's where I'm running into problems now.

Also, how do you choose the focus area with that camera? I have to change the focus area often and fast as I'm working, and find the placement of the multiselector as the means of doing so on the D70 can be awkward at times. Is it the same with the D2X or have they come up with something less clumsy?

Thanks!

Anne

Ducklite, I don't know about the D2X, but using Canon 5D, there is a huge difference in speed when I'm using Sandisk Ultra II vs Ultra III Extreme, especially when it passed the 50% mark of the card (I use 2 Gb cards)

On the D70, the digital processor itself can't work any faster than the Ultra II CF cards do, so until I upgrade, I'm holding off buying more media. By that time they'll likely have an "Exreme Ultra Supreme 16" or something along those lines.

Anne

Very true! On my 20D it makes no difference at all. The only reason I got the Extreme III is just because I accidentally dropped on of my 2 Gb Ultra II card in a sewer while I was on location so I had to buy a new one. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter