Anyone have a good PUNCH recipe?

Hnymoon@Dixie

When I win the lottery I want to live in Cinderell
I got a gorgeous punchbowl for my wedding & since I am having Thanksgiving this year I thought I'd use it for the first time!! Does anyone have a good punch recipie that has to do with the holiday? Like an apple cider recipie or something??!?!? Is there such a thing? I would like to have a recipie containing alcohol in it.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!:)

Here's my punch recipe!

the combination is
Ginger ale
a red soda or syrup such as zarex or red raspberry soda
pinapple juice

to start 2 2ltr bottles ginger ale
1 1ltr " red soda
1 can (lrg) pinapple juice

Drop scoops of sherbert on top.

If you use a red syrup use your judgement on the color & taste. I usually just use the soda.

Here's a couple:

1 part cran-raspberry juice
2 parts sprite

Or

1 part sunny delight
1 part asti spumante

***Edited: Oops! I missed the request for something with alcohol in it - sorry!***

WARM WINTER PUNCH

9 c cranberry juice
9 c pineapple jiuce
4 1/2 c water
1 c brown sugar

In percolator basket put:
4 1/2 tsp whole cloves
4 broken cinnamon sticks
1/2 tsp salt
Perk as you would coffee. Serve ~23 cups.

HOT CIDER

1 gal apple cider
1 orange
2 cinnamon sticks

Put cider in crock-pot. Cut orange into slices & float on top. Add cinnamon sticks & heat until hot.

MULLED CRANBERRY CIDER

4 c cider (or grape juice)
4 c cranberry juice
6 cloves
1 stick cinnamon
4 whole allspice
1/2 c brown sugar
Heat until sugar dissolves & serve hot.

SPICED CIDER

4 c cider
2 whole allspice
2 whole cloves
3" stick cinnamon
Boil 5 minutes. Add 1/2 c brown sugar. Boil 5 minutes more & serve hot.

CIDER PUNCH FOR A CROWD

Squeeze:
1 orange
1 lemon
Reserve juice, then combine the chopped peels (remove white) with:
1/2 c sugar
1 stick cinnamon
1/2 tsp whole allspice
4 c water
Boil gently 30 minutes. Strain. Add orange & lemon juice & 2 qts cider. Reheat & serve.

I remembered seeing one on allrecipes.com that sounds like one a friend used to make:

Hot Spiked Cider

1 quart water
3 orange spice tea bags
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 cups apple cider
1 1/2 cups light rum
8 cinnamon sticks
3 teaspoons butter

1 Pour water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and toss in the orange spice tea bags. Cover and let steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and stir in sugar, apple cider, rum, and 2 of the cinnamon sticks. Heat just to steaming -- do not boil.
2 Ladle hot cider into 6 mugs and drop 1/2 teaspoon butter into each. Garnish with a cinnamon "swizzle" stick.
Serves 6.

The problem with most cider recipes is that they are served hot - and I don't know if they will best display your punch bowl.:( You might do better with cranberry juice as the base if you want to serve it cold.

CRANBERRY RUM PUNCH

1 (32 fluid ounce) bottle cranberry juice
1/4 cup white sugar
2 cups ginger ale
2 1/4 cups rum
8 slices lemon
1 In a medium-size punchbowl, stir cranberry juice and sugar together until the sugar dissolves. Mix in ginger ale, rum, and lemon and lime slices. Serve over ice.

**Actually, this one sounds good to me. I'll be you could substitute cider for the apple juice.
MULLED APPLE CHAMPAGNE PUNCH

3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
3 quarts Chablis wine
1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry champagne, chilled

1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
1 orange, sliced into rounds
1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained

1. In a saucepan, combine pumpkin pie spice and orange zest to apple juice concentrate. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat. In a large pitcher, combine spiced apple juice concentrate and white wine. Chill in refrigerator overnight.
2. Strain the wine mixture through a coffee filter, being careful not to disturb the spices which have settled to the bottom of the pitcher.
3. Just before serving, slide in the ice ring. Slowly pour the champagne down the side of the bowl to retain as much carbonization as possible.
4. To make Ice Ring: In a ring shaped mold, combine pineapple chunks, orange slices and maraschino cherries. Pour in just enough water to hold the fruit together in the ring. freeze overnight.

I'm going to print out this thread!! All of the punches sound GREAT!! Thanks all!

Those all sound really good.Here's my contribuition.

Mama's Perfect Punch for Strangers and Friends
1 Gallon Orange Juice(we use Donald Duck,but feel free to use whatever)
1 tray medium ice cubes,crushed slightly
1 gallon of lemon drink(like Country time Lemonade)
1-2 bottles of fizzy,neutral drink like Ginger Ale or Club Soda

Pour into punchbowl and mix thoroughly to taste
You can also add lemon and orange slices to it to add intresting bits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter