• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have a remedy for restless leg syndrome?

Frwinkley

DIS Veteran
My DH is experiencing this. He had it years ago and it kind of went away on its own. Now it's back. He is 9 weeks post surgery (not leg related), but pretty major, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. We've read lots of things but it seems like it's just a case of trial and error. He sees his doctor in 2 weeks, so obviously he'll talk to him about it then.

Just wondering about others' experiences.

Calm magnesium supplement is supposed to help with restless leg (and lots of other things caused by a magnesium deficiency). I have been taking it for a couple years and hardly ever get leg cramps anymore.

Calm magnesium supplement is supposed to help with restless leg (and lots of other things caused by a magnesium deficiency). I have been taking it for a couple years and hardly ever get leg cramps anymore.
Interesting. We just bought this 2 days ago hoping it would live up to all the terrific reviews. Thanks for the input!

Yep. DH was having leg cramps at night and his doctor recommended magnesium. Works great. :)

Definitely Magnesium. I take the glycinate form which is one of the most absorbable. I believe it works better when you take it with Vitamin D.

My husband does as well as several of his family members. His legs jump mostly before bed, but I’ve seen it happen even when he’s standing. He takes medication before bed, which helps. It’s called Ropinrole and he takes .5 milligram. He tried the bar of Irish Spring under the sheet, but that didn’t help him, but does work for his Aunt.

Oddly, I was just reading about this because I am getting anesthesia soon, apparently the anesthesia can trigger this and other things like tremors. Try the Dr or a Neurologist.

I am a HUGE fan of topical Magensium. While taking a supplement is helpful, topical goes right to the troubled area

I've had this for as long as I remember. Hyland's is what I have been using for decades. I take 2 at least 20 minutes before we go anywhere in the car, plane or even to a restaurant. Anywhere I have to sit and not be able to get up freely. I always have it with me. My doc prescribed ropinerole about 10 years ago and it doesn't work as well as it used to but she has told me I can never stop taking it.

Both my son and dad have it as well. Keep trying to find relief as it is a lifelong condition as far as I know.

I have mild restless leg and have started using Cook’s Organics Sweet Dreams Magnesium cream. It calms my legs and helps me sleep soundly! It has been a game changer for me.

I read this with interest. My DH leg will shake at night. You'd think I put a quarter in the bed. Shake shake shake. pause , shake shake shake, pause,p a u s e,l o n g p a u s e, shake shake shake. Stop and go for 15 mins. He never wakes up from it.

I read this with interest. My DH leg will shake at night. You'd think I put a quarter in the bed. Shake shake shake. pause , shake shake shake, pause,p a u s e,l o n g p a u s e, shake shake shake. Stop and go for 15 mins. He never wakes up from it.
This is one of the main reasons DH and I sleep in separate beds. I can’t sleep with the constant leg shaking.

I take magnesium and have tried getting him to as well, I think I might see if he would use the topical kind.

My daughter has RLS and she does stretching exercises before bed. It helps some, but it doesn't cure it! Thanks so much to all of you who responded to this thread:) I will tell my daughter about all your advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter