Anyone have any information on the WDW Marathon?

Luv2roam and Deb...thanks for all the info...by the look of it the DISwill be well represented at the 2005 marathon :) thank you!!!! :) :) :)

Hi Glo,
I know that princess angel has run the Disney marathon.

Originally posted by glo
Sorry Dan, but the WISH board is about loosing weight and this question is about info on the Marathon. Also, it is not really theme parks, and we do not have a sports board on the DIS.....
Originally posted by Kelsie
Actually Dan, the WISH Board is 'We're Inspired to Stay Healthy' and not just thin......
LOL, glo, no need to be sorry. :confused: :)

I was only trying to be of help, recalling from several days ago, that one of your W.I.S.H. board co-moderators had reminded me that the W.I.S.H. board was not 'about losing weight', but rather 'Inspired to Stay Healthy'. I was just thinking your question might get better replied to on the Healthy board.

As for Theme Parks board thought, when I had read on another site, while trying to find some info for you, that one can 'come to traverse an entertaining route through all four Walt Disney World theme parks -- past famous landmarks such as Spaceship Earth at Epcot and The Mickey's Sorcerer's Hat at Disney-MGM Studios . . . and right through Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom., it just seemd to be a natural to get some good response on that board.

But, I can see, as so often happens, you actually got a ton of great replies, right here on the Community Board, from many of the folks right here. Very neat!!!!! :)

And here is one more link, from Deb's site , that I came across while hunting for some info for you. Looks like she has some good additional links there too.

Again, great to see you trying to do the Disney Marathon!!!! :bounce:

The registration opens for the marathon on March 1. The 1/2 marathon closed in about 6 days, but they reopened it to another 2500 for a total of 8500 runners. I think the full marathon may still be open. My husband got into the 1/2 marathon for his first Disney race. We've only done 1-5K race so far and have another in less than 2 weeks. My son and I will be doing the 5K at Epcot on the day before the marathon and husband will be cheering us on. We will cheer him on the next day.

We have a few people at work (or their relatives) who will also be doing either the full or 1/2 marathon. It's pretty popular.

It cost $90 for the full marathon, $70 for the half and $20 for the 5K. If you are a DVC member, you get a small discount on the full marathon.

Glo, a friend of mine at work runs this marathon when he can. He likes to run the local ones (from around here to Chicago and to ones in the New England states). While he can't do this one yearly, he loves doing this one. He wasn't able to give me any more info than what is listed here, but I just wanted to say to you again, that I think this is a wonderful goal to strive for! Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter