Anyone in here decorate cakes?

These cakes are all so gorgeous & inventive!

Birthdaycake.jpg

That's amazing!!!! I swear - these cakes look like they're made out of ceramics or something..:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I actually do ceramics. This is why I want to learn cake decorating, as I can take some of the techniques I see here & on Cake Boss, and try to transfer them onto my pieces to add some decorative texture & fun. But, I don't think I'll ever be able to do some of the stuff I've seen here!

You go gals! :woohoo:

Here's a simple buttercream cake I did for a client this weekend. Nothing too fancy. I don't know what the heck happened to me while writing the first "e" in Heather!

ShireseCake.jpg

This is my first cake that I did with Fondant... it's actually my wedding cake. Haha it was a last minute thing since the person who was supposed to make it backed out, so two days before the wedding, I started making it... Alice in Wonderland themed. :)

weddingcake.png

I love this thread. My DD age 12, loves to decorate cakes. Here are a couple of the ones that she's done. I'll have to find a picture that she did of a cake for a golfer. It was one of my mom's friends and she "hired" Kaleigh to make it - it turned out so cute, but the picture is on my mom's camera, so I'll have to get it from her.

Here is her first fondant cake:
P1010224.jpg

P1010227.jpg

And here is one she made for my sister's birthday:
P1010311.jpg

I thought they turned out great - especially since she gets basically no help from me because I'm just not at all gifted in this area!

Great job everyone. Love the Alice in Wonderland cake and that cheese cake is too cute!

here are some cupcakes I just finished for our praise band director at church for her birthday.

DSCI0151.jpg

Thanks! I love those cupcakes! :) They are so cute! I've been looking at all the photos on this board, and it's making me want to go bake right now. :) I just forgot to buy eggs today. :( Maybe tomorrow!

WOW, these cakes are fantastic!
My DD12 and I are taking the Wilton basic class in a couple weeks. We are SO excited! I just know my DD will love it

I did 200 cupcakes and a wedding cake, the cupcakes are an orange-yellow icing, with a blue-purple drop flower. The wedding cake is a buttercream iced with fondant accents of a fence and a little horse. Around the edges I put some grass and buttercream yellow drop flowers. The topper I was left while setting up (the horseshoe) it was way too heavy to just have on top of the cake, so my husband went to the store, bought a pixi stick, we poured the sugar out and I took an extra sunflower they had put it in the straw and leaned the horseshoe against it. It was a lot of work and I DON'T DO WEDDINGS! My friend really wanted me to do it so I said yes. It took me from 6:30 in the morning to 7:00pm to get everything done, iced, decorated and boxed and my kitchen cleaned up.
Shannonswedding009.jpg

Hi guys! :goodvibes I am new to this thread. I was just wanting to stop by and thought I would share a pic of a cake I just made for a friends DD.

princesscake.jpg

I hope you like it!

Oh and subbing :love:

Thought I would revive this thread with some of my newer stuff.

Anyone else have anything new to share? I'm always looking for ideas!

Butlercakebest2-2.jpg

Halloween.jpg

Haleigh.jpg

Did everyone stop decorating cakes?:confused3

NOPE!

In fact this is going to be a pretty big year for me cake wise. I am going to be taking a 3 day class at Chef Nicholas Lodge's School in Atlanta in April, doing a wedding cake ( my first ) for a friend in June, and going to the ICES convention in Charlotte in August. All that and gingerbread too!!!!!

So, inquiring minds want to know....and DIS cake decorators doing to the ICES convention? If so, we should make arrangements to meet for a cup of coffee or something during the event.

Linda

NOPE!

In fact this is going to be a pretty big year for me cake wise. I am going to be taking a 3 day class at Chef Nicholas Lodge's School in Atlanta in April, doing a wedding cake ( my first ) for a friend in June, and going to the ICES convention in Charlotte in August. All that and gingerbread too!!!!!

So, inquiring minds want to know....and DIS cake decorators doing to the ICES convention? If so, we should make arrangements to meet for a cup of coffee or something during the event.

Linda

Oh my! This is in my city and I haven't even heard of it! I need to google it right now!!!!

Oh wow! Look at all the classes! I have a question though, is EACH class $75?

Fantastic Cakes!

I am jelly - lol, I would love to take a Nic Lodge class!

I can't go to ICES but I would love to one day OR take a class or two at Flour Confections - she has the best of the best in to do classes! Completely worth the trip to Canada and she's the nicest person. :banana:

Nice work Polly!

Did you use color flow on your Disney cake?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter