• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone know of good airfare sites

sammi

<font color=purple>I'm a born traveller!<br><font
Would any of you know of any other sites that after putting in your date requests comes up with a varied amount of different airfares with different airlines? I went onto Orbitz last night and found a great price to Orlando out of Buffalo but when I went on to order the tickets it said you had to have a USA address and a USA credit card? Ughhh!:(

I confirmed that information via an email and yes it's true.:mad:

I know of Tavelocity.ca and Expedia.ca but was wondering if there are any others that allow Canadians to order online? Also if you have ever booked through one of these sites?

The flights out of Toronto are sooo high!

:(

Thanks for any help you can give.:wave: :sunny:

Hello Sammi - Try Northwest Airlines web site. I don't know if they fly out of Buffalo but it's worth a try. Good luck.

Diane

Hi Diane! Yes I already tried Northwest Airlines and their fares are way up too......although Southwest And Northwest will (hopefully;) ) have seat sales in the near future. Crossing my fingers:p

We're looking for flights from about March 13 or 14 thru April 3,4,5th or 6th. So I still have time.:)

Thanks Diane.:sunny:

Sometimes I look at Orbitz to get the information, then I go directly to the web-site of the airline that showed the best price.
Usually, you can get the same price on the airlines web-site

I do this because:

1- Sometimes you can get bonus air miles by booking on the airlines web-site

2 - Sometimes you can get better flight times for the same price

Other web-sites: Expedia.com / Travelocity.com / travelzoo.com / cheaptickets.com / sidestep.com /

I am not sure how canadian friendly these web-sites are. Hopefully, this will help you in some way

Karen

Sammi: Have you tried Southwest.com? I am flying them out of buffalo on Dec. 3. The best price is with no restrictions and booking the internet price. They offer different prices depending on the restictions. Keep checking every few days as they will drop the prices depending on how the plane is booking up. I got it for $125.00US including all the taxes. I also lucked out and got on their only n/s flight each day. Most airlines out of buffalo are always with a connecting flight. I booked 2 and 1/2 months before our date. When were you trying for? If you are a little flexible with your dates you can save alot of money.

Good Luck
:D :D :D

Hi Karen,I tried going directly to the airlines site for the exact same dates but got a much higher rate than on Orbitz.Travelzoo and sidestep both sent me to Orbitz! LOL:p

Cheaptickets aren't as cheap as Orbitz but I'm hoping that they'll drop a bit, the closer to flying time.;)

Hi great white north,yep I've been a faithful fare watcher for months now on Southwest...LOL
;) but nothing yet. We're looking at March 13 (around that date)so yes we are flexible with our dates.

Geesh you really got a great rate didn't you? I would love that same price......flights out of Toronto are about $1100.00 for DH and myself!:eek: and that's only charter.....I'll be sure to keep checking daily.........thanks!:wave:

Sounds like you know what you are doing - I would just keep checking daily. Probably after Thanksgiving there will be another airfare sale -

Just keep checking - you'll find something -

Karen

I have found that subscribing to the Southwest Airlines email offers is great--you usually get the first notice of a seat sale and thus can book the trip you want on hopefully the flight and dates that you need.

The only caution with this is, that it sells out/books up quickly so if you know when you want to go, and a sale comes out--book it then, waiting even an hour could be disasterous and you may not get the dates or flights that you want.

Hope this helps

Jacqui

Thanks Jacqui I've already subscribed to get their newsletter and I'm anxiously awaiting a good sale!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

For our last trip (Oct/02), I searched online to find fares using travelocity.ca and expedia.ca, but then booked online at delta.com.

The best way to work with Delta is to sign up online for a SkyMiles number - once you enter your address as Canada then the fares it shows are in CAD, which is a nice touch.

I found that Travelocity and Expedia were much easier to find cheap flights and build a cheap itinerary than the Delta site, but that it was cheaper to book the chosen itinerary direct with Delta.

We flew out of Buffalo and into Tampa, via Atlanta. Delta service was nice the whole way, the plane change in Atlanta was easy despite having to change concourse (Atlanta is one HUGE airport!), and the Tampa airport is nice and small compared to Orlando. Took about 1 hour to drive Tampa-Disney.

Will probably fly into Tampa again sometime in the future, but most likely will tie it in with a day at Busch Gardens...

HTH, Jeff

Thanks so much Jeff!:) I'll be taking at look over at Delta's site and see what comes up for us.;) I also discovered Sears travel site and am keeping an eye on that one too.

Yes we've also flown in to Tampa/Clearwater airport and found it to be so nice and "uncomplicated"! LOL!:cool:

Thanks again!:wave:

I found a website called SideStep.com. You download a very small program which will check several sites for you at the same time, so that you can compare prices. It may help to save a bit of time!

I was using that particular site and finding really good fares but when I tried to book it said you had to have a US bank credit card and a US address.:(

I even emailed them and was told the same thing......ughhhhh!:eek:

www.itasoftware.com
you can compare prices of many airlines, see the length of connections and view from both Canandian and American departure/arrival airports......

Oh thanks Tigger I'll head on over and take a look!;)

Our in laws flew Southwest out of Detroit last year and got rates of 59.00 US each way and if they had flown out of Buffalo it would have been 49.00 each way with no stop overs.

www.airtran.com and www.southwest.com have services that you can sign up for and they will email you their specials every couple of weeks. We always fly from Buffalo to Orlando and save hundreds.

Dh and I went to the Dominican Republic in November from Toronto and the taxes alone were $189 a person, we can fly to MCO and back for almost the same amount.

Travelocity.ca seems to be offering some good
specials (as of last Friday). Even my TA couldn't
get a better rate.
Also try calling the Flight Centre-they have several
different outlets-they guarantee the lowest published
airfare.
I'm also looking-but for next May. My TA tells
me if I am patient they usually have deals about
2-3 months out.

Also have heard many good things about JetBlue.
They apparently have their own site as well.
Good luck.

I have flown out of Buffalo a lot and have always found that Jet Blue has been more expensive than the other airlines. Especially now that Southwest flys from Buffalo. Just my 2 cents.

Jacqui

I've been on Travelocity but it's been a week or so . My problem with them is that when I find a good flight price I then click on to book and the price has "magically" gone up!:eek: But I'll take a peak again.

Jetblue? Well I did find some pretty decent airfares about $222.00US each for my Dh and myself and I actually posted on the Transportation Board to see what the airline is like. But so far Jetblue is about the lowest.:)

I'm a little apprehensive about booking United or US Air as they have some major problems going on right now although I have found really good rates for US Air.:)

Southwest is driving me crazy!!!! LOL! They have blackout dates for their special fares completely for the dates we need.:( We're looking at leaving on March 14 and home again about April 5. Also they're only booking up to April 4th.....Ughhhh.......I think I'll just keep checking and maybe closer to our departure dates the rates will come down.:)

I will try the Flight Centre too! Thanks guys!:wave: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter