Anyone know the Theme Night schedule for the European DVC member cruise May 19? I've gotta pack!

SweetSal99

Earning My Ears
I've looked all over the internet and PlanDisney and I can't find any info on theme nights scheduled. Anyone know if I should bring my pirate gear or not?

All I know is that there is a Pirate night on the British Isles cruise in September, and that we have had Pirate nights on our Mediterranean cruises.

Does the Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique have Pirate makeovers any night? That’s how I check for when/if Pirate night is scheduled.

2024 DVC Member Cruise
  • Saturday, May 18, 2024 – Depart from Barcelona, Spain
  • Sunday, May 19, 2024 – Enjoy a day at sea filled with unique experiences and special shows created with Members in mind
  • Monday, May 20, 2024 – Arrive in Naples (Pompeii), Italy
  • Tuesday, May 21, 2024 – Arrive in Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
  • Wednesday, May 22, 2024 – Arrive in Livorno (Florence, Pisa), Italy
  • Thursday, May 23, 2024 – Arrive in Villefranche (Monte Carlo, Nice), France
  • Friday, May 24, 2024 – Take advantage of another relaxing, fun-filled day at sea
  • Saturday, May 25, 2024 – Return to Barcelona, Spain

If they had Pirate night for the British Isles and Med cruises, I would imagine it would continue. Last year, the cruise before DVC member cruise, this was the schedule, attire, and menu:

Day 1 - Cruise Casual, Rotation menu
Day 2 - Sea Day, Optional Dress Up, Rotation menu
Day 3 - Livorno, Cruise Casual, Rotation menu
Day 4 - Sea Day, Formal, 2nd Standard menu
Day 5 - Naples, Pirate, Pirate menu
Day 6 - Rome, Cruise Casual, 2nd Standard menu
Day 7 - Sea Day, Cruise Casual, 2nd Standard menu

As many guests do excursions to Florence (from Livorno) and Rome (from Civitavecchia), with long transport and excursions, don’t expect any big events those days. Some people don’t get back in time for early dinner.

I would expect Pirate Night to be Monday in Naples.

Last edited:
So this is the first Med cruise in 2024 - which means non-DVC can’t do a B2B with the EBTA? I hope some of y’all took advantage of the opportunity.

I'm doing a 4 night cruise next year from Southampton and wondering if there will be a pirate night?

For those doing European cruises and wondering about Pirate night.

You need to check on DCL website and see how your cruise is classified as.

Mediterranean cruises which go to France, Spain, Italy, Greece WILL have Pirate night. These countries allow the fireworks at sea.

Northern Europe, including British Isles which go to Scotland, Ireland, England, Norway, Netherlands, Denmark, Iceland, Belgium, DO NOT have Pirate night. These countries do not allow the fireworks at sea.

You need to check which countries / ports your cruise goes to. Its the port countries which determine if there will be a Pirate Night / Fireworks at sea. The departure port has no relevance regarding Pirate Night / Fireworks at sea.

In 2023, the 4 night Spain and the 4 night France cruises which departed Southampton were the only Southampton departures to have Pirate Night / Fireworks at sea.

Northern Europe, including British Isles which go to Scotland, Ireland, England, Norway, Netherlands, Denmark, Iceland, Belgium, DO NOT have Pirate night. These countries do not allow the fireworks at sea.

It is true that cruises in Northern Europe and the British Isles will probably not have fireworks -- last year, they had a Color Spin Dance Party instead of a Pirate party on the pool deck.

However, those cruises last year did have a Pirate Night with a pirate menu for dinner and some pirate-themed activities around the ship. The British Isles cruise this year will be doing Pirate makeovers in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on the night after the ship is in Cobh.

It is true that cruises in Northern Europe and the British Isles will probably not have fireworks -- last year, they had a Color Spin Dance Party instead of a Pirate party on the pool deck.

However, those cruises last year did have a Pirate Night with a pirate menu for dinner and some pirate-themed activities around the ship. The British Isles cruise this year will be doing Pirate makeovers in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on the night after the ship is in Cobh.
Our Norway cruise last year had the Frozen menu and did NOT have the pirate menu/activities. So maybe some Northern cruises had a pirate menu, but ours didn't.

Our Norway cruise last year had the Frozen menu and did NOT have the pirate menu/activities. So maybe some Northern cruises had a pirate menu, but ours didn't.
Thanks for the update. That makes sense. I couldn't find a Navigator from the Norway cruise last year to check, so I just looked at the British Isles and Northern Europe/Fjords cruises. My Northern European cruise out of Southampton last year had the Pirate menu, but the Baltic cruise I did several years ago did have Frozen night instead. So, as with many things, Disney is not entirely predictable.

I am on that cruise, packing was difficult, mostly for the weight. We are doing a week in Paris after the cruise with a few days in DLP, so making sure I have enough of a weight allowance to bring back stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter