Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, If we want to book BCV for a week starting on 8/16/2012 does the 7 month window start on February 16th or February 1st?
Thanks!

January 16 would be 7 months ahead of an August 16 arrival date.

FWIW (that is, not much) I think yo have a good shot to get past ROFR with this one. Good luck!

If you are booking at less than 7 months out, I'd say, don't get your heart set on BCV. Be happy with SSR, OKW or AKV, and wait list BCV. You might even stalk your preferred ressie online. But if all goes quickly, you might sneak in your reservation, just before that 7 month window opens. If that happens, you have a much better shot at snagging a BCV studio.

My resale was 8 weeks from offer to reservation. I managed to grab a 2BR @ BCV for a spring break trip (3/20-3/27) the week before that 7 month window opened. GL!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

Thanks, Valerie! We'll be happy w/ any of those resorts, so we should be good.

FWIW (that is, not much) I think yo have a good shot to get past ROFR with this one. Good luck!

If you are booking at less than 7 months out, I'd say, don't get your heart set on BCV. Be happy with SSR, OKW or AKV, and wait list BCV. You might even stalk your preferred ressie online. But if all goes quickly, you might sneak in your reservation, just before that 7 month window opens. If that happens, you have a much better shot at snagging a BCV studio.

My resale was 8 weeks from offer to reservation. I managed to grab a 2BR @ BCV for a spring break trip (3/20-3/27) the week before that 7 month window opened. GL!

Question for Danny's mom, how were you able to get a ressie before your 7 month window? Thanks Tjcat

tjcat said:
Question for Danny's mom, how were you able to get a ressie before your 7 month window? Thanks Tjcat

No, no, no, no. I bought BCV points, so I was able to make a HOME RESORT reservation, right before the 7 month window opened and any spring break availability was gobbled up by those wishing to switch from elsewhere, :)

Thanks Danny's mom sorry I didn't realize that was your home resort, I thought you had some inside information, ( I have been writing a paper for school all day excuse the question please!
Thanks

No problem. Happy to clear up any confusion.

Anxiously awaiting news!
Submitted 9/17
VWL 250 pts Sept UY
All pts from 2012 & 2013
$62 / pt
Seller pays MF

We've been thinking about DVC for years but this is our first time pulling the trigger. Fingers crossed

kkmousealow said:
Anxiously awaiting news!
Submitted 9/17
VWL 250 pts Sept UY
All pts from 2012 & 2013
$62 / pt
Buyer pays MF

We've been thinking about DVC for years but this is our first time pulling the trigger. Fingers crossed

Oops - seller pays MF .... Buyer pays closing

kkmousealow said:
Oops - seller pays MF .... Buyer pays closing

Good Luck!!! We are also waiting...probably about same time as you.

Submitted to Disney on 9/18
SSR 130 Oct UY - All 2012 and 2013 points
$57 per point
Buyer pays 1/3 of 2012 fees
Buyer pays 2/3 closing (but I looked at the contract and they may have wrote seller pays 2/3 closing...either way works)

Probably have another 2 week wait.

THKlovesDisney said:
Good Luck!!! We are also waiting...probably about same time as you.

Submitted to Disney on 9/18
SSR 130 Oct UY - All 2012 and 2013 points
$57 per point
Buyer pays 1/3 of 2012 fees
Buyer pays 2/3 closing (but I looked at the contract and they may have wrote seller pays 2/3 closing...either way works)

Probably have another 2 week wait.

Thanks and good luck to you too :-)

First DVC purchase - should have done it 10 years/nearly 40 trips ago.

Went to ROFR today:

BWV 250 Feb UY. 45 2012 points banked, all 2013 points.
$65/pt Buyer pays closing. No MFs until 2013.

Hoping to close before 12/31/12 to purchase PAP vouchers for our family of 5 and book BWV stay for August 2013 before 7 month window opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter