Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated the list on page 162.
I try to post this on each page of this thread so new folks popping in can see where the updated list is.

Perhaps a link in your post to page 162 would be helpful...just a suggestion. :)
Again, thank you for your continued help!

I am still waiting on bcv 100 points april use year, submitted on 5/24. Just waiting...

I would call the broker if it was truly submitted on 5/24 - I did the same thing but it was day 29 was told no they had not heard and a few seconds later the response was "oh yea I do see yours got taken" not sure how long it was sitting but I am guessing a few days by her response! Good luck

SSR (JUNUY) 70 Pts. $55 per point, buyer pays closing and 2013 MF. Had 70 banked 2012 points. Submitted 4/16 passed 5/13?

lovin fl
Thanks for compiling all this! I watch the progress as we eagerly await our ROFR news.

SSR (JUNUY) 70 Pts. $55 per point, buyer pays closing and 2013 MF. Had 70 banked 2012 points. Submitted 4/16 passed 5/13?

Nice to see you passed one and at a good price makes it even better-)
Your patience has paid off- Congrats!!

I wouldn't get to alarmed. I closed on a contract recently in which I sent my paperwork in two days after receiving and waited 3 weeks for the sellers papers to arrive. You never know the circumstances with the seller. I just want to reassure you because I was very impatient and probably drove the closing agent and the real estate agent nuts. In the end it all worked out great and I am a very happy owner and I did a lot of worrying over nothing. Good luck and hopefully you don't have to wait 3 weeks,:) but even so it will be worth it.

Trying to not be a basket case but at this point I am so done. Just got an email from the broker that, while they told her that the put the contract in the mail Tuesday, they really didn't and one of them went on vacation to New York so they don't know when they can get the contract in hopefully by start of next week. So angry right now!:furious: The worst part is they live 10 minutes away from the title company.

We passed ROFR. Notified this morning right at the 30 day mark. $70/pt for 40 pts OKW Dec. UY. 24 pts available 2013 and all pts forward.pixiedust:

We are hoping to get the pts added quickly so we plan an anniversary trip this Fall.

Today on our extended closing date, we were notified the seller backed out!!!! Cannot believe it...we waited months for an extended closing date and they back out. The offer was made April 8 and they had plenty of time to figure it out.

I guess it's back to resale shopping but costs have increased since April.

Has anyone else experienced this? How long to get $ back? We paid both a deposit and closing total.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Today on our extended closing date, we were notified the seller backed out!!!! Cannot believe it...we waited months for an extended closing date and they back out. The offer was made April 8 and they had plenty of time to figure it out.

Has anyone else experienced this? How long to get $ back? We paid both a deposit and closing total.

We had sellers cancel 8 days into ROFR on us. It was with Fidelity and it took about 2 weeks to get deposit back (a check in the mail). Sorry this happened to you...it is really really crummy!!!! I hope you find a great contract to replace it.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I am SO SORRY to hear of your experience. I would be crushed. Good luck moving forward.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

This is HORRIBLE! :sad2:

I am also in the middle of an extended closing. We made our offer May 4th, and we are supposed to close mid August. If the seller backed out, I would be devastated. I have grown attached to this contract, and in my head after I passed ROFR - It was mine. It never even crossed my mind that really *technically* it's not mine yet and the seller can still do whatever they want until they sign on the dotted line.

I can't believe that happened to you. SO sorry :guilty:

I am also in the middle of an extended closing. We made our offer May 4th, and we are supposed to close mid August. If the seller backed out, I would be devastated. I have grown attached to this contract, and in my head after I passed ROFR - It was mine. It never even crossed my mind that really *technically* it's not mine yet and the seller can still do whatever they want until they sign on the dotted line.

Rule No. 1, it's not your contract until the deed has been recorded. Don't get attached until after the sellers return the closing docs.

We had sellers cancel 8 days into ROFR on us. It was with Fidelity and it took about 2 weeks to get deposit back (a check in the mail). Sorry this happened to you...it is really really crummy!!!! I hope you find a great contract to replace it.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I am SO SORRY to hear of your experience. I would be crushed. Good luck moving forward.

I guess this closing was not meant to be. DH has a good outlook - he said we needed more points anyway and this contract was too small of an add on! :thumbsup2

Tabatha

I guess this closing was not meant to be. DH has a good outlook - he said we needed more points anyway and this contract was too small of an add on! :thumbsup2

Tabatha

That's what we did too :thumbsup2 . Our cancelled contract was 88 HH points. We ended up buying 100 AKV points...AND...50 HH points. Good luck in your hunt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter