Anyone NOT doing Disney this year?

DeblovesPoohbear

Disney Dreamin
Sometimes I feel like the only one of the Dis without a countdown ticker :guilty:
But we did Disney twice in one year and with the economy all all
We are going to Busch Gardens and Water Country in VA this year

My DS and I used to live down there when he was in the Army so it's like our home away from home. But our DS'S have never been to Williamsburg so they are very excited. They have been to Va Beach though

I even booked a breakfast with Elmo and Friends and have managed to keep it a secret from my kids, don't ask me how. My little one is going to freak!
He adores Elmo

Plus, I can't wait to ride the Griffin, looks like a killer coaster!!!
Anyone else have any Non-Disney plans?

Infact, we want to do that exact trip, next year. We're going to DC and perhaps Boston, too.

With that said I'm still going to Disney this year. The free dining gets me everytime. I want certain ones in my family to experience Christmastime there.

I wish we could do multiple vacations, but our budget won't allow it; so, there will be NO Disney for us next year.

My heart is always with Disney, but hubby what's to go to new places, now. He's 72; so, I think it's only right, now to expand our horizons. We want to hit the national parks across the country, a little bit at a time, now.

I am still doing my Disney trip, because I already paid it in full in February. But I did cancel my trip to Vienna, Austria with my best friend, because of pay cuts, furloughs, raise in taxes, and the cost of the euro against the dollar.

I seem to never be able to forgo my Disney trip, no matter what.

You're not going to Colonial Williamsburg? I went to W&M for school and have been back with DH a few times, they've really improved it in the last 5 or so years--lots more interaction, lots more actors on the street, and lots more public bathrooms. :rotfl:

I unfortunately do not have any planns for WDW for a while. The closest we are going to get to an amusement park is we are heading to Kennywood (Pittsburgh, Pa) in a few weeks, and Knobles (Eastern Pa) in a few weeks. We also did Idlewild (Western Pa) a few weeks ago. Nothing is the same. I am doing my best to be patient till our next trip but it is getting to me.

We're not going this year. :sad1:

Next year is not a given as we may go to Europe to visit DH's relatives, but I will try to squeeze a short trip in, depending on finances.

This year will be visiting Missytara at a Delaware beach. :lmao: with those same European relatives. It's fun. Not Disney, but fun.

Cruising the boards keeps me connected, and there's still plenty to learn.

Enjoy whatever you! :thumbsup2

We did go this year but we skipped last year. We didn't really have the funds and decided to instead go on mini-vacations close to him. It wasn't the same but still fun and I'm glad that we did something different.

I'd love to check out some of the regional parks one year. I've had my eye on Busch Gardens Williamsburg for a long time.

We were supposed to go to Hawaii this year but had to cancel due to husband's health problems. Then we started thinking Disney (although we said last year that would be it for awhile-it keeps drawing us back). So I told him a couple of months ago that we could do a nice inexpensive week with free dining. I didn't mention it much anymore, cause I didn't want to feel like I was rushing him to heal from recent surgeries/illnesses. Since Sunday was the last day to make reservations for free dining, I thought, I'll bet he says something to me Monday about going. Sure enough, he kind of did. But we still have no plans at this time to go to Disney or anywhere.

We're also skipping this year, due to grad school and the economy ... so naturally, I've gotten just about every PIN Disney has sent out. Talk about rubbing salt in the wounds!

As you can see, my last 2 trips to Disney were for other activities!
Those trips made me realize how much I love WDW. I was starting
to plan (we have a week off from school in early November) but
alas, my van blew up...there went our vacation!

We are going to Myrtle Beach next month for more baseball.
This trip has been planned since last year.
That seems to be the theme for our family vacations...baseball,
but it's ok because we at least are taking a vacation.
We are all looking forward to MB and I'm not sure that my
family all feels the same way I do about WDW. But I am
planning on more trips to WDW, even if they aren't for a couple of
years!

And then of course, I'll be taking the grandkids...I told
my kids I felt like I deprived them of a "magical childhood"
because all those years my mom had RCI (timeshare) we could
have gone to WDW and I didn't really think about it...they
laughed at me and said it was "ok, really Mom.." :confused3

So I guess I am the addict in my family...:rotfl:

We are not going to WDW this year but will be back next year.

We went to Williamsburg for July 4th and had a great time. We went to Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown. We did not go to Water Country becuase we live at the beach and have waterparks all around us. DH and I are going back to Williamsburg in October without kids for a second honeymoon. If you have time and your budget will allow it eat dinner at one of the Taverns in Colonial Williamsburg. The food and atmosphere is great.

We not going to WDW this year because DH does not want to go every year. We are going to NYC to the Macy's Parade this year for Thanksgiving. I did however slip a little Disney magic into our trip. We are going to see Mary Poppins and the Little Mermaid on Broadway.

Next year may be our last time to WDW for a few years because DH (Marine) will be getting orders to possibly California or Hawaii. I am hoping for California because we would be very close to Disneyland.

We had to postpone our Disney trip from December to February due to the rising costs of food more than anything else! I'm ready to become a vegetarian and grow my own veggies in my little yard LOL

I've watched others in my office lose their jobs this year and that has been rough. I count myself blessed to still have a position.

We're unable to make it this year too. We had several family gatherings elsewhere that ate into the vacation budget this year. But as a PP noted, I've gotten three PIN codes this year so far. But I never seem to get them when I am planning a trip and could actually use it. :confused Thank goodness I have the DIS to live vicariously through untill our trip in OCtober 2010. Bet I don't get a PIN code next year.:rotfl:

We used to be 3 or 4 times a year.....last year down to only twice.

This year we were planning a Flower and Garden trip....but found someplace better to go - and more affordable (I say affordable....we go with castmember discounts!).

We were a little discouraged at the decline of WDW in December so for the first time in a skillion years, we will not be there the week after Thansgiving.

We will be in DL this year for the week after Thanksgiving. The Grand Cali is our favorite Disney hotel and in our owner personal experience, the budget strains are showing less at DL than WDW.

It's going to be a beatuful - but highly budged trip with free DVC points from a friend (into the brand new Grand Cali villas). We had to spring for outbound flights (blackout date for Southwest).....discounts for dining....we are being very careful.

Because of my medical challenges it looks like we may not have too many more years of travel ahead for me. We want to make the most of the $$$ and our TO DO list. In order to accomplish this, we have to cutback on Disney travel.

We are going this year but will not be able to go next year. My entire extended family is heading to OKW in a grand villa and we need to borrow DVC points from next year.

I don't know how I'm gonna survive! Total withdrawal!!!:sad2:

Sometimes I feel like the only one of the Dis without a countdown ticker :guilty:
But we did Disney twice in one year and with the economy all all
We are going to Busch Gardens and Water Country in VA this year

My DS and I used to live down there when he was in the Army so it's like our home away from home. But our DS'S have never been to Williamsburg so they are very excited. They have been to Va Beach though

I even booked a breakfast with Elmo and Friends and have managed to keep it a secret from my kids, don't ask me how. My little one is going to freak!
He adores Elmo

Plus, I can't wait to ride the Griffin, looks like a killer coaster!!!
Anyone else have any Non-Disney plans?

We are lucky enough to be doing both! We live about 2 hours from Williamsburg and have season passes to BG and WC. Your family will have a wonderful time. The new Elmo land is really cute, and the Griffon is a great coaster! Our absolute favorite thing in WC is the Hubba Hubba Highway! When are you going? We will be back there Aug 16-19.

We're not going either, and I don't know when we will be able to go next. :sad2: I'm hoping that I can pick up a part-time job somewhere and be able to go next summer, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

That said, I am very grateful that I am not overly concerned about keeping a roof over my head or putting food on the table. (At least for now.) I know that I am very, very blessed even without vacations.

i'm having a hard time posting so if this posts twice i appoligize.

We used to go to VA Beach every year. It's a beautiful and quiet beach. We also used to go to Busch Gardens, Water Counrty, and Kings Diminion while there. A lot of fun.

Our favorite beach though is Ocean City MD. A lot of fun and lots to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter