Anyone NOT doing Disney this year?

When are you going to Williamsburg. We are going Aug 13 to Aug16. We will be having breakfast with Elmo on Aug 14.

We are lucky enough to be doing both! We live about 2 hours from Williamsburg and have season passes to BG and WC. Your family will have a wonderful time. The new Elmo land is really cute, and the Griffon is a great coaster! Our absolute favorite thing in WC is the Hubba Hubba Highway! When are you going? We will be back there Aug 16-19.

We are leaving tomorrow morning, bright and early.
I am excited the kids are going somewhere complety new and exciting to them
They have been to Disney and Universal/IOA several times in their young lives
The Elmo land looks very cute, and the breakfast looks great, it's a whole show, not just the characters walking around.

We also have plans to eat at Captain George's down there, incredible
seafood buffet, but they have everything else you can imagine too

Like alot of you have posted, I also am grateful to still be working
The company I worked for over 16 yrs moved out of state in Sept 2007
and so,so many of my friends are still out of work
I went to school for the medical field, and I am a medical assistant at a very busy OB/GYN office. Even though the economy is down, so many are expecting babies. I guess when your stuck in the house :)

Don't worry all, Disney isn't going anywhere!:wizard:

I unfortunately do not have any planns for WDW for a while. The closest we are going to get to an amusement park is we are heading to Kennywood (Pittsburgh, Pa) in a few weeks, and Knobles (Eastern Pa) in a few weeks. We also did Idlewild (Western Pa) a few weeks ago. Nothing is the same. I am doing my best to be patient till our next trip but it is getting to me.

I'd like to hit those too parks one day too, since we live in the Jersey area
They are not too far from us.
One of my dreams is to make it to Cedar Point one day
I am a coaster junkie!! I am just waiting for my boys to be old enough to fully enjoy it.

Please let us know what you think of the Elmo breakfast. It will be a first for up in Aug. Thanks

We are going to Disney in April, but were supposed to go to San Antonio in October. We decided not to do San Antonio so we could absolutely do Disney in April.

princess:Sydney princess:Samantha

I'm going this year (December) and went last year (October), but prior to that I hadn't been since 2002. We did other vacations and had a great time. Last year I took my niece for her first trip (she was 4, almost 5 at the time). This year I'm taking another niece (her sister - 11). My original plan was to take my niece on a trip somewhere, but WDW wasn't even on the radar until I got a PIN for free dining.

I am going this year I can't really talk about it though because it's a secret and I don't know if someone who isn't supposed to read this will read this! I'm also going early next year.

I usually avoid the DIS unless I'm going because it makes me too sad!

We usually go twice a year. Once in the spring (with just DH and I) and another in November or December (as a family). This year we did go in spring but I was pregnant and it was HOT so we really did not get to do that much.

Our baby is due in October so a Nov. or Dec. trip will not be happening either. I am really bummed about it.

Kristine

We aren't... We had a short trip planned for September 23-27 at WDW, then a seven night cruise on the Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral, then two days at Universal. All postponed til March 2010.

But with a good reason... Our first baby is due September 11th!!

It was kind of comical... I had literally paid the deposit on everything like two days before I found out I was pregnant. The first thing out of my mouth when I got the positive test (well third thing, behind "Oh CRAP!" and "No WONDER I feel so bad!") was that we were going to have to cancel our trip, hahaha!:rotfl:

I did make my brother go to WDW in May with me for a week, though. Had to get my 'fix' in before I got too big to enjoy it!

We are definately not going anytime soon! We built a new house and moved in on May 15. Then we had a baby two weeks later. :cheer2:

Unfortunately, we have charged everything from medical bills to groceries this past year and owe a fortune! The new plan is to work extra and stay focused and pay off everything by next fall. Our reward and motivation will be a great Disney vacation!

We were planning a trip for 11/09 or 1/10 --- but DH Just lost his job last week, so we are putting off the trip to an undetermined date, depending how the job hunt goes:sad::sad::sad:

Sad about the "postponed" Disney trip, nervous about the future in general....

Since this thread is emphatically NOT about WDW theme park planning, I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

We were going in late August but have had to cancel. My son is now recovering from a bad injury and will not be able to fly long haul until next year.

So, no Disney and no vacation for us as we spent 3 weeks from work during the worst part of his illnes.

However, my best friend and her family are there now and taking lots of video and photos together with collecting all the latest park maps so that when they go back we can have a film show and our very own vertual vacation through their eyes.

No WDW for us this year. We did 4 trips in 2008 so we thought we'd take this year off and bank our 200 points :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter