Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

Call the cancellation number, 888 601-6302, tell them the above pricing and to give it to you. Tell them you will renew for that price. Be firm and short, to the point.
I don't think that's even necessary anymore. Chatting online gets the same results, without having to talk to anyone. They don't even argue anymore. Keep saying no until you get to the price you want.

They certainly didn't send ME their best deal renewals. My bill for next year is over $250 USD.
for the "Music & Entertainment Plan" :crazy2:

Here's hoping I can get that down to something reasonable.

I renew for my whole family. All you have to tell them is you have unlimited data on your phone as well as Apple Music, so you don’t need them anymore. Works every time.

I did a chat session. As far as the $99 for 3 years and $149 for 5, car has to be 2010 or older, not a user for some number of years. Chat person said my rate is 'lifetime' rate, which I do recall from my phone conversation last year. The person said I would not have to be calling every year. So, $87, all taxes and fees, for 1 year.

Just renewed again for another year. Had to do the cancel-dance. They offered me “the same service, at the same price”, which was $30 more per year plus higher fees, and subsequently higher pricing. I (very politely) called them out on it. They met my existing subscription price, $60/year, with $12 for royalties, and $4 in taxes.

They said to get that price, I would have to “give up” the sports stations, as well as one other type of programming, which does not impact my listening.

Are there any options to just pay a flat rate for a year and not leave your card info for automatic renewal if you don’t cancel?

I am currently paying $6.06/month and that includes taxes,fees, etc for the music only plan. They were billing over $21./month for the same thing but I called after the first charge at that amount and told them I love the service but cannot pay that much and was sad to let it go. I was immediately offered the rate that I am currently paying and they pro rated my next several months from the $21. charge that I had. I usually hate talking on the phone, but the guy I had was great and I didn't have to do a song and dance. Just told him what was true for me.

I always try to negotiate my annual Sirius XM subscription. My subscription is up in April, abe I will not be renewing for the list price of $247.58.

i probably listen to it for about 1-2 hours a month. If DH is in the car with me, that time will go up, DH loves Sirius radio.

For me, this service is worth about $50/year, including all the fees. For DH, in my car, he feels the service is worth $100.

what have you all recently negotiated for?
thanks!
Just renewed. my last subscription was $119 was told that that plan is no more. So they offered a $85 plan. I only use channels 2-120 so it worked out for me .........for once I came out ahead

When my husband calls we always tell them we can only pay the price we’ve always had of $30 for 6 months. They always give it to us. We do every 6 months instead of a year because I always debate about cancelling. It seems like they play the same songs over and over.

I always try to negotiate my annual Sirius XM subscription. My subscription is up in April, abe I will not be renewing for the list price of $247.58.

i probably listen to it for about 1-2 hours a month. If DH is in the car with me, that time will go up, DH loves Sirius radio.

For me, this service is worth about $50/year, including all the fees. For DH, in my car, he feels the service is worth $100.

what have you all recently negotiated for?
thanks!
I typically always chat with someone to renew it. I usually pay about 8.00 a month with streaming and one radio in the car. I have gotten it down to 5.00 a month once before the pandemic. They will typically go pretty low to keep you if you always say no. It’s kind of annoying but I love Sirius to me it’s always worth the call. It makes me wish I shelled out the 600.00 for lifetime service like my brother in law did when it first launched. 😀

Just renewed my subscription online. There was a special offer for the Premium plan for $8.33 +taxes & fees per month when I signed into my account. I had the Music & Entertainment plan that I renewed last year for $73 for the year. The renewal notice had it at almost $22/ month. I did the online chat, said it was too expensive. Agent offered the $8 premium deal, I asked about a promo for the plan I currently have. I was offered that same plan for $6/ month, $7.27 with taxes & fees. It‘s about $15 more than last year, but better than the over $200 renewal without the discount.

I dread this silly game we play with them every year. I often wondered why they let people sign up for so much less than the “regular” price.
Then I think maybe there are plenty of people who either dont pay attention to the auto-renew charge going onto their cc, or they dont feel like negotiating, and actually pay full price.
Those people are subsidizing my $60/year plan.

I pay $30 a month. Its not worth my time to try to negotiate a better price. Til it gets to a point where I can't afford it I don't see the point in changing it.

Just renewed my subscription online. There was a special offer for the Premium plan for $8.33 +taxes & fees per month when I signed into my account. I had the Music & Entertainment plan that I renewed last year for $73 for the year. The renewal notice had it at almost $22/ month. I did the online chat, said it was too expensive. Agent offered the $8 premium deal, I asked about a promo for the plan I currently have. I was offered that same plan for $6/ month, $7.27 with taxes & fees. It‘s about $15 more than last year, but better than the over $200 renewal without the discount.
Just got the same renewal deal via chat - $6/month, $8.19 with taxes and fees. Up about $2.45/month vs my last deal.

I dread this silly game we play with them every year. I often wondered why they let people sign up for so much less than the “regular” price.
Then I think maybe there are plenty of people who either dont pay attention to the auto-renew charge going onto their cc, or they dont feel like negotiating, and actually pay full price.
Those people are subsidizing my $60/year plan.

I renewed for years at full price before I read on the Dis you could call & get a better price. My DH refused to try because he was afraid he’d really have to cancel & he didn’t want to do that. I finally redid his online last year & got him $7.xx a month. He’s still shocked it works.

I pay $30 a month. Its not worth my time to try to negotiate a better price. Til it gets to a point where I can't afford it I don't see the point in changing it.
I absolutely hated having to call. But I went into my account online & the whole thing took about 7 minutes. Would have been even less, but the agent first offered the premium plan. I only wanted the Music & Entertainment plan I already had, so I had to ask about that & get that quote.

Mine just want to $29 this month. I’ll have to call them

Mine was scheduled to renew on the 9th. I signed into my account online, said I wanted to cancel. Checked the “too expensive” option. They automatically transfer you to an agent on chat. There was an offer on my account for the premium plan for $8xx a month with a link to accept that offer, but I didn’t want that one so I did the cancel/ chat. I much prefer that to calling.

A month??? This is the budget board, remember? 😜 As streaming becomes more ubiquitous, I suspect they will go the way of the dodo.

A month??? This is the budget board, remember? 😜 As streaming becomes more ubiquitous, I suspect they will go the way of the dodo.
I don't know, the way Netflix, Paramont+ and Disney Plus are losing subscribers right now, streaming may go the way of the dodo.

I don't know, the way Netflix, Paramont+ and Disney Plus are losing subscribers right now, streaming may go the way of the dodo.
Sorry for the off topic but I think Netflix is the only one to actually lose subscribers, the others are just growing a little slower than expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter