anyone stationed in San Antonio, TX?

debm

<font color=deeppink>Whose goal is to get the WDW
We are up for a job assignment this summer and really don't want to move from our current location. San Antonio is a possibility and I am wondering how others like it? I'm also posting another thread for Tampa since we could move there too. Need help making decisions since we are moving 4 kids --one of which needs special services at school and good medical care. Thanks!!

I liked San Antonio but was only there for basic... I LOVE AUSTIN. It's about a hour north

San Antonio is a nice area with top notch medical care. My daughter's Pediatric Endocrinologist, Cardiologist, and GI are there at Wilford Hall. We are up the road about 2-3 hours at Fort Hood.

My DS was there for AIT and really liked it. He was at Fort Sam and said thats one place he would really like to go back too! I don't know much about it other than he really liked it.

San Antonio is really nice. My hubby and i met there, and lived there for five years. Texas is a beautiful state. The shopping in S.A is great. Housing seems plentiful. Lackland is huge, as is Wilford Hall. The weather, for the most part is warm year round. It's grown considerably since we left in '91, but we go back for vacations at least once a year. If we were'nt at our dream assignment at keesler, we'd go back in a heartbeat.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate any and all input!!! Happy Holidays!! Debi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter