Anyone stayed at both Portofino & Royal Pacific?

jmkst58

DIS Veteran
I've never stayed at either property. Would you pay $42 more to stay at Portofino over Royal Pacific for one night? I would REALLY prefer to stay at Porofino, but has anyone stayed at both? Is it really worth $42 extra for the one night? TIA!!

I've stayed at all three now and I'd pay $42. oo extra to stay at Hard Rock over both of them.But that's just because I've decided that the extra money is worth the location of the Hard Rock (much easier to get to parks - more active place, more active pool area, etc...)

I've only stayed in a deluxe room at PBH - which is much better than a standard at RP - but the standard at HR was really no better than the standard at RP (some say it's larger but not by much and for me it wasn't noticable at all). Beds are great at all three.

If you are dying to try the PBH go for it.

Thank you Puffy2. I agree. HRH is great. Just stayed there. Hoping to try all 3. I hope the other 2 won't be a let down after HRH. Maybe I should have tried HRH last. I just knew that HRH was going to be my favorite from the start. Is it much longer of a walk to PBH? I never kept going on that path to see how much further PBH was. RP is far too? ughhhh....

THANK YOU!!

See thread above for questions for those of us who offer advice after staying at all 3 resorts. I would love to help if you would give me more specifics about yourself. But I will give it a try.. I would pay the $42 if you really want to stay at PB, but then again that would be a meal for you possibly. If you have never stayed at RP, it would be great too for the price. If it is just two of you and possibly a romantic trip take the PB. If kids are involved go with RP and save that money.

The RPR is a much shorter walk to the parks than the PBH.

I have been to both and enjoyed both. Portofino is quieter and the rooms are bigger but it is further from the parks. If you are with kids I would save the money, RP is a great family location. Without kids,splurge. You can't go wrong with either.

Thank you all so much! I'm off to read the 'all 3' thread. Thanks! Haven't decided if we're brining the kiddies yet. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

ohhhh!!!!!!!! I read the 'all 3' thread & now I really can't decide. :D

I was all ready to decide on PBH, but everything that I read about it...makes me think that I shouldn't.......grrrrr........It actually made me think that I should return to hard rock.... :D

Location probably should be the biggest factor for me...incase we have the kids.

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the HRH for atmosphere & location!!! I'm really nervous to try the others.... :D

sounds like RP's location isn't bad. We prefer IOA over USF anyway (well....visiting MIB is a MUST...but anyway...).

My preference is really to stay at PB for atmosphere, service & beauty!!!!!!...but I'm really scared that it will be too far from the parks for my liking. I'd like to try RP because it would be a new experience also & it's a slightly better location (price is better too). I can't help thinking that I'll regret not returning to the HR though.. :D

Decisions, decisions. :confused:

and would only go back to RPH
absolutely NOTHING wrong with the others, but RPH our favorite.

I have stayed at all three, too! We have been to PBH twice, RPR twice (most recently three weeks ago) and HRH once. Obviously, all three of these resorts are fabulous and you can't really make a mistake. My only complaint about the PBH is that it was a little difficult to navigate. The walk to our room was the longest I have ever had. The room itself was lovely. A large room with a "to-die-for" bathroom and a terrace. I really didn't think the distance to the parks was a problem. Sometimes we walked other times we took the water taxi.

We really like the RPR and have stayed there on our last two visits. The walk to Citywalk is less than 10 minutes and, as mentioned earlier, you are very close to IOA. The tropical feel of the hotel is very relaxing and the pool area is quite nice. We enjoy going to Tchoup Chop and we find the hotel very easy to navigate. We have stayed in a standard room and a King Suite at RPR. The standard room was quite a bit smaller than our deluxe room at PBH and the bathroom is nothing special. The King Suite was two rooms - a bedroom with a king size bed and a sitting area. Bathroom was the same as in a standard room.

You can't really make a mistake - isn't that the best part?

Have fun!

THANKS!! Sounds like the walk isn't that bad. I think I'm going to go for it. I just KNOW that I'll miss the Hard Rock....hee hee...:D Thanks everyone!

We have stayed at the Portofino many times..and the RPR twice now. For one night, RPR is perfect..any longer..we will pay the extra at stay at Portofino from now on.

Loved RPR ........... it is fantastic!!! I didn't think the walk was too far............... and there is the water taxi if you'd rather not walk............. I enjoyed all the plants, etc to look at on the walk. Anyway, we won't stay anywhere else.

RPR for us!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter