• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone stayed for a loooooong time?

yoopermom

Come join Bravo by the fire...
We're seriously considering staying for at least a month next summer (well, I would stay all summer, but I don't think DH would go for it!). Has anyone done this, any negatives, or things to consider? Wish we had the time off from our jobs to do it this winter when they offer the great long term rates...
Terri the Yoopermom

47 people have read this and no one has stayed more than, let's say, three weeks? We want to live vicariously through you "long term"-ers! Please share!
Terri the Yoopermom

A Negative at Fort Wilderness?? only one that comes to mind would be the cost:rolleyes: :rolleyes: , I would love to stay for a month and if I did I think I would arrange with an outside golf cart company to save a little money on a monthly rental.

We have stayed at FW for a long as 6 weeks before, although most of our trips are between 2 and 3 weeks. Having to drive 1200 miles to get there, we try to stay for as long as possible. I must say that the 6 week trip was just too long. As much as we love FW, it was actually starting to become "normal" and not as "magical" ...... before you know it you have a "scheduled" laundry day and all that other mundane stuff and then it just becomes like home. We did the 6 weeks two years ago, and have agreed that all future vacations will be kept within the 2-4 week time frame. Regarding the golf cart, we always rented from outside (Golf Cart Enterprises), but since they have instituted the new policy at FW have not had a cart. We are thinking about it for our upcoming trip, but will have to go pick it up. Overall, I would say to make your trip as long as possible, without staying longer than one month ...... if you still want the magical feeling that goes along with FW. Enjoy :)

and I knew it was a fellow Michigan(der?) who had made a long stay there, just couldn't remember who! Too funny about the "planned" wash day. At least you weren't getting mail there, too! I really think we're going to shoot for about four weeks, or as long as we can get in between the start of value season in August and when school starts. Thanks for the thoughts!
Terri the Yoopermom

Just had to make you laugh ...... we were getting mail there! We even had to have some of our Christmas gifts shipped from mail order places. The front desk staff got quite a kick out of us! Your four week plan sounds like a good one ..... I'm sure you'll enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter