Anyone there for Thanksgiving-where did you eat?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
And how was it? DH just gave me the "go-ahead" for a trip next Thanksgiving. Any reviews from this year?

Here's my review of RFC for Thanksgiving day.
have fun choosing!
Kim

For lunch - Rainforest Cafe
First of all I recommend that you bring lots of friends to help you eat, when you eat here. HUGE portions

We used two adult and one child VKL vouchers here
DD had the Pappagallo's pizza, the cheesesticks for appetizer, and the bananas foster for dessert
DH had the two lobster tails for his meal, the crab dip for an appetizer, and we used the two adult vouchers for the Volcano dessert
DS and I used the other adult voucher and split the Monsoon grill. However, DS decided he didn't like the crab cakes after all ( his idea BTW, sheesh!) so he ordered a separate dessert off of the kids's menu. A chocolate pudding with gummy worms.
We definitely had too much to eat. We should've strong armed a few other guests into coming in with us.
It was definitely good all around, and afterwards we gave the wand out of the Volcano to a little girl at the next table. Since her little brother had gotten theirs, it made her happy to have her own.
If you eat here, definitely use the vouchers, and bring plenty of company.
Our total after ( son's extra drink and dessert and DH's extra drink)
was $20.00 including the tip!

If you're up for some fun for Thanksgiving lunch/dinner try Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge (cost $23.99 for adults/$10.99 for children). We were not staying there, but made a special trip over there by taxi for our 12:15 pm PS. WCC is themed in that Old West sort of look, but is in no way over the top, silly or childish - it is a beautiful place with a beautiful view.

Wow! What a great time we had. The food was out of this world and more than any of us could eat. There was 13 of us total and we brought back 4 slices of pumpkin pie to the room that went to waste because we had to leave for the airport at 6:30am(although I sneaked a finger full before we left!).

The food was served family style and included traditional fare: salad and rolls and cornbread to start then turkey/oven roasted chicken(which was everyone's absolute favorite it was so juicy and seasoned well)/ham,dressing, mashed potatoes,fresh green beans, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce,and of course Pumpkin Pie for dessert. Oh my gosh, it almost made missing our family's traditional Thanksgiving meal worthwhile (though I am still hungry for my grandmother's dressing - she passed on several years ago and it always makes me miss her so.)

It was so fun too. If you have kids they will enjoy it beause they are treated to a fun time. Waiters and waitresses are so creative and funny. There is a stick pony promenade around all the tables for the kids. One great sport was having his birthday that day and one loud mouth waitress (and that is not derogatory - if you visit you will know what I mean) had us sing a rousing version of Happy Birthday while another poor soul was late for his PS and the waitress had him ride around on a stick pony repeating, "I'll never be late again!" All the employees of WCC are hilarious, outgoing and top notch in service.

We all had the greatest time! The location is beautiful and all the Christmas decorations are splendid(take a walk outside too after you shop at WL's great gift shop). We have all fallen in love with WCC and WL. We all decided to save our pennies and stay at WL for our next family trip. WCC was perfect for a fun family Thanksgiving meal.

I was at Disney over Thanksgiving this year with my 84 year old mother. We flew in Thanksgiving day. We ate at Pepper Market Food Court at the Coronado Springs Resort. We used two adult quick and casual meal vouchers ($11.50 each) and had a complete Thanksgiving meal with turkey, dressing, veggies, potatos and gravy, yams, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and capucinnos. The total bill was $59.71 for which we only paid $23 making the vouchers an exceptionally good value at this restaurant. The food was excellent and we had left over turkey for lunch for two meals given the size of the portions.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at chef Mickey's as we have always done when we are at WDW on Thanksgiving. We meet DH at the restaurant after he watches the Dallas Cowboy game. The kids and I stayed at MK for the rest of the evening when he left to watch the game.

The food was ok but not excellent. We decided that we wouldn't do Chef Mickey's next year. The turkey was ok but not excellent. The stuffing was good and I didn't think the sweet potatoes were cooked long enough. I think next time I will try a traditional Thanksgiving place where that is all your served. Who knows. The nice thing is you get things other than just Thanksgiving items if you want variety.

We ate at Chef Mickeys also. But I had a very nice dinner experience. Dh had some nice beef since he dislikes turkey. But I had turkey, stuffing, those incredible mashed potatoes, sweet potato, cranberry sauce. Everything I needed. Especially that pumpkin pie. Along with several other dessert choices. Our server was wonderful. The characters made it even more fun. We would do it again.

We had a horrible experience at 1900 Park Fare this year. We had a 7:30 PS and didn't get seated until 9:30PM. Evidently, they were very overbooked.
I was told to check in a few minutes early, so we arrived around 7:15PM to check in. Once I got up to the podium, I was told there would be an hour wait and they were out of pagers, so I would have to come back later and get one when they were available. That should have been my first clue, this place was a mad house.....LOL I felt sorry for the Grand Floridian, kids were running wild and people were getting cranky.
The food was good. We did enjoy our meal, but the whole experience wasn't worth it. I don't think we would eat a holiday meal there again.

jan

We did Cape May Cafe. It was excellent -- but raucous.

The place was PACKED, and they did a very heavy turnover. But the food was outstanding, with a great variety (my wife doesn't eat meat, so we went for the seafood for her.) The pumpkin bisque was unbelievable -- and the miniture pumpkin pies for desert were sublime. Just ask my waistline!

We had Thanksgiving dinner @Garden Grill. They delivered plates, silverware, etc... to table and then bring out a large skillet that was filled with grilled/sliced flank steak, turkey/gravy, potatoes, steamed veggies, dressing. It was OK but I wouldn't do it again. Very expensive for Stove Top Stuffing. We've had Thanksgiving @Chef Mickeys, Hollywood & Vine, Crystal Palace, etc...My family prefers a buffet and we'll choose that again in the future. Liberty Tree Inn is booked when I try to make PS, but that may be a good choice if you like family style.

If our plans work out (and when it comes to going to WDW I MAKE them work out - went a little extreme this last trip deciding not to go to the E.R. when I took a fall the evening before we left and went to WDW with a completely fractured humerus and shoulder blade :earseek: ) we will be in WDW for Thanksgiving next year. After reading about how crowded and backed up the restaurants get I am starting to think I should cook a Thanksgiving meal at home before we leave and when we're in WDW on T-day we'll skip the traditional dinner and go somewhere non-traditional like Teppanyaki or counter service for that matter. Besides, if we get a hankering for turkey we could go to LTT another day of our trip. Thoughts?

We ate at Boma. It had some traditional offerings and all their usuals. We had 6:15 ps, did not have to wait at all. It was crowded but not unbearably. Everything was delicious.

Kona Cafe and it was DE-LI-CIOUS.
Ohana's was serving a traditional turkey dinner, rather than their usual.

We ate at Liberty Tree Tavern. We did not have to wait at all and had a nice table in the Ben Franklin room and a great server. The food was good. They had bread, salald, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, carrots, mac and cheese and pumkin pie for dessert. I wish they had a choice of pumkin or apple pie. Also I missed green beens and sweet potatoes. The 1900 park Faire review sounds like our Jiko experience the day after Thanksgiving. They were WAY over booked and people were waiting 1 hour plus to be seated. People were not happy.

We had PS for Hollywood and Vine Restaurant in MGM.....wow what a meal!! We arrived almost a half hour early and got seated within five minutes, which was amazing. Service was excellent and we had a good table, not crowded in with a lot of other families so we could not get up and move to the buffet.

The buffet was excellent, all your traditional holiday offerings, turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, candied sweet potatoes (the best I ever had) and their normal buffet. I am not a big turkey fan, but the turkey was very moist and the seafood penne on the menu, and roast beef were excellent. Desserts were small finger type portions (including puimpkin tarts) so you could try some of everything (if you had room). If we ever returned on Thanksgiving I would eat there again, but doubt we will as the week was so much crowded than we are used too. There are no characters there, but it is a great family atmosphere, :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter