Anyone up for a PTR? Jeff and Jon's 2nd trip to da World! (shhhh! it's a surprise!!!)

Count me in too. :thumbsup2
I would love to see nude pics......
.....I mean.....I'm looking forward to the PTR. :angel:

Not until I get yours 1st! Or just pics of you in socks and underwear will be fine....;)

I think i would have blurted out the surprise as soon as he came home!!

I wanted to, but I didn't. I had my face turned away from him so he couldn't see me fibbing. I was in the kitchen putting away dishes, so I just said what i said.....:thumbsup2

... right about here I would have caved. :)

Me too.

And not only would I have caved, but I'd have jumped up and down and said "We're going to Disney!"

I came close to doing that.....and I am determined not to say anything....maybe I should tell him that we are going to Six Flags.....:cool1:

I thought that choosing a WDW resort was simple. We all have our favorites and back in January, Jon and I both did some resort hopping. We saw the GF, the Poly, BW and others. It was an unanimous decision we would return WDW and BW was going to be our home sweet home. So what about July? Again, this is surprise and I want the trip to be all about Jon. Jon really never told me what his favorite resort is at WDW. So making sure I booked the right resort was important and I wanted Jon to pick it. So how do I ask when this is all top secret?

We were eating dinner and we got to talking about ADRs for September. (I’m sure I will be doing another PTR in the summer before our September trip, right after I complete our July TR) So it was easy just to come right on and ask him, “Honey, you are going to have to choose our next resort when we plan our third trip.” Jon did not hesitate and came out with a “Wilderness Lodge!” So, I got my answer. “Why Wilderness Lodge?” Jon mentioned he liked the woodsy, outdoorsy feel and he heard one of clients mention it and she loves it. So, Wilderness Lodge it is.

If it were me, I would be at the GF. Those hammocks…..love it!
IMG_1524.jpg

The next day I was at work trying to get a hold of a friend that lives in NY who is a DVC member. He mentioned to me that I was always welcomed to use some of his points, of course I took him up on it and I would pay him for the points. So, I got in contact with him and within 15 minutes, we were booked at the VWL in a studio! Yippee!

I’m really looking forward to the stay. I have looked at every picture there is on the DIS of the Wilderness Lodge. Very pretty place! My friend, who made it all possible, is coming in the day we are leaving so I do hope we get to have breakfast together before he leaves. He is staying at WL too and told me that Jon made a good choice!:thumbsup2 Anyway, I am excited and it makes me want to tell Jon about this trip so bad, but I will remain strong! As the Go-Go’s use to sing….”Our lips are sealed.”

So, does anyone have any suggestions on things to do at the WL? I was thinking about having one day just to enjoy the resort. Maybe renting one of those little speed boats or just hanging out on the beach or the pool? I know there’s tons of stuff and I would love to hear your suggestions!

Up next….Thank you for calling Disney Dining…….

When you mentioned the trip to the cabin and how much you enjoyed it I immediately thought WL for your resort. I stayed there in 2005, I think. I really liked it. Beautiful resort. Much better than BC where I stayed in 2007. Unfortunately I can't really suggest things to do around the resort as we spent most of our time at the parks. But I did take a stroll through the woods, that was nice. I'm thinking about renting a boat on this trip. Sounds fun. Can't wait to hear the next installment. :goodvibes

When you mentioned the trip to the cabin and how much you enjoyed it I immediately thought WL for your resort. I stayed there in 2005, I think. I really liked it. Beautiful resort. Much better than BC where I stayed in 2007. Unfortunately I can't really suggest things to do around the resort as we spent most of our time at the parks. But I did take a stroll through the woods, that was nice. I'm thinking about renting a boat on this trip. Sounds fun. Can't wait to hear the next installment. :goodvibes

Yeah, I think we made a good choice! And the cabin in TN and the WL have that same feel. This trip, I am thinking, is going to be less time spent in the parks, and spending more time are the resort and DTD. Just a 4 night stay just taking it easy and not rushing. We are curious about Disney Quest so we may venture there. :) Thanks for tuning in.....

This planning all seems fun but what is PTR?

Hey Zendisney!!!! Good to see you on here!!!! Im still learning the DIS abbrevations, I have to stop and think a little bit when I see something I don't know! If you go to the main page here on DIS, over to the side, there's a link that shows all the abbrevations.....I'm there all the time trying to figure out what means what! ;)

I thought we were getting a spicy scene with the stableboy soon.
You know you can gild a little. :rolleyes1

I thought a PTR had something to do with television, but this is better.

When does the food chat start???

Both of these sound fun!

Other perks of a visit to the Wilderness Lodge include: boat service to the Magic Kingdom, special guided tours of the resort, (one that concentrates on the architecture and landscaping, and the other is a "Tastes of the Lodge" tour that allows you to sample some of the culinary delights found in the lodge restaurants)

Yeah, I think we made a good choice! And the cabin in TN and the WL have that same feel. This trip, I am thinking, is going to be less time spent in the parks, and spending more time are the resort and DTD. Just a 4 night stay just taking it easy and not rushing. We are curious about Disney Quest so we may venture there. :) Thanks for tuning in.....

Sounds like my Gay Days trip. I plan on doing more relaxing this time. One of the reasons I picked the Poly. I was also thinking about doing Disney Quest. I heard the review of it on an old podcast and thought it'd be a good option.

Your Hunny's birthday is July 9th???? My Hunny too!!!!

And when will you be there in September???? We're going then too...

So many co-ink-a-dinks it's spooky!

I thought we were getting a spicy scene with the stableboy soon.
You know you can gild a little. :rolleyes1

I can make it as spicy as you want it honey.....who's the stableboy?

I thought a PTR had something to do with television, but this is better.

When does the food chat start???

LOL! TV! love it! Food chat is coming up shortly....long day at work and I have to get everything together! Good to see ya on here mikelan!!!! ;)

Both of these sound fun!

Other perks of a visit to the Wilderness Lodge include: boat service to the Magic Kingdom, special guided tours of the resort, (one that concentrates on the architecture and landscaping, and the other is a "Tastes of the Lodge" tour that allows you to sample some of the culinary delights found in the lodge restaurants)

I love you Orlandomike, I knew you had some great suggestions...I did read about the guided tour of the WL and that is something we would love to do! I would love for Jon to be the "flag boy" of the day....you think they let us???

Sounds like my Gay Days trip. I plan on doing more relaxing this time. One of the reasons I picked the Poly. I was also thinking about doing Disney Quest. I heard the review of it on an old podcast and thought it'd be a good option.

Jon and I love the anything that is video game-ish...and Jon mentioned that he wanted to try Disney Quest, he just thinks we are going to try it out on our September trip, so he will be surpirse that he gets to go earlier than expected.....glad you are joining in! I appreciate your comments! ;) We hope to give Gay Days a try in the future....

Your Hunny's birthday is July 9th???? My Hunny too!!!!
And when will you be there in September???? We're going then too...
So many co-ink-a-dinks it's spooky!

Hey Rosie Girl!!!!! Glad you pop up!!! Yes, looks like our hunnys have the same bday! Ain't that something???? Our fall trip is 9/27 to 10/4....EvilQueen is going to be there til the 26th.....hope you are there when Im there, I would love to meet up with yall so we can have a drink!!!!! Glad you are here, sweetie darling....;)

Hey Rosie Girl!!!!! Glad you pop up!!! Yes, looks like our hunnys have the same bday! Ain't that something???? Our fall trip is 9/27 to 10/4....EvilQueen is going to be there til the 26th.....hope you are there when Im there, I would love to meet up with yall so we can have a drink!!!!! Glad you are here, sweetie darling....;)

:headache::headache::headache::headache:I'm going to miss you by a DAY too!..But it shant be my last trip and so we shall meet.....this I VOW! (evil laugh here....)

So last Wednesday, I had the day off and it was time to call in my ADRs. When I called in our ADRs for our January Trip, it was a piece of cake. We got what we wanted and no problems! So before I called, I made sure that I had everything in order with correct dates and times. Before I dailed up, I got myself prepared b/c I just knew it was going to be a long wait before I was connected with a reservationist. So, I dailed the magic number....

Thank you for calling Disney Dining! I followed all the prompts and guess what? No wait! I was not on hold at all and I heard a very freindly Spainsh accent voice. Bless her heart, I think she had a hard time understanding me as I was having trouble understanding her. I was on the phone for 40 minutes to make 3 TS reservations!!!! :scared1:

I gave her all the primary info and she said if I had been to Disney before and I said yes and it took her a few minutes to find me in the system, I guess. Everything was verified and I gave her my 1st reservation....

July 8th, Whispering Canyon. I got the time I needed which was 7pm. We were booked for WC for last January but changed it at the last minute b/c we were having so much fun in the MK, we changed our ADR to Liberty Tree Traven to recelebrated Thanksgiving. I know this is not going to be most romantic place, but Jon wants to do it in September and I am dying to try the skillet.....:woohoo: I got the confrimation number and went on to the next one.....

July 9th (Jon's Birthday) The plan was booking the Fantasmic Dinner Package with the Brown Derby, so we would be able to get see the show and not stand inl ine for it. Fantasmic is planned for 9pm that night, so I was thinking maybe dinner around 630ish. NOT! When I told the reservationist what I wanted, she only could seat me between 3pm and 4pm! :confused3 "Nothing later in the evening?" And she said, "Hold on and let me check...." I was on hold for 30 mintues.....but she came back to check on me throughout the wait period.... I guess she had get some one to help b/c something was not right. So she comes back and tells me that I have to take a time between 3 and 4....not gonna happen, so I told her not to book me for the Fantasmic Package and just put me down for 6ish for Brown Derby. She put me on hold again and came back 5 minutes later with a 6:40p time. :confused3 I already know I'm gonna call back and change this to something totally different......any suggestions on a good place for Birthday dinner???? Brown Derby had some great reviews, but Im having 2nd thoughts about it...:confused3

So, I give her the final ADR and it was for Teppan Edo's. Jon and feel in love with this place back in January and we want to return and get our round of bowing in.....we loved the food and the shop downstairs, it was a must to return. I got a time of 7:10! We love Japan in WS...I will have to control myself in the shop this time!!!!

So there you have it......again, I will be changing our Brown Derby ADR. Right now, I have a big X on that day, July 9th. I would want Jon to plan his day as he would want it. I know he wants to see Fantasmic, but Im thinking of just skipping it on this trip. I have no clue what to do....so, I need some help yall!!! Any thoughts??? Maybe Cali Grill and see Wishies from the top of the Comtempary???

That's our ADRs! We are going to be on the regular DP, so we will have some counter services also, and Im planning on using a majority of the CS credits in DTD.....I'm dying to trying Earl of Sandwich and the fried candy bar place, Cookes of Dublin....:laughing:

Again, I would love to hear some suggestions for the special night on July 9th....

Up Next....Car, Plane, or Broomstick????

Just an FYI...

The Fantasmic! dinner package gets you some of the worst seats in the house! If you really want to do Brown Derby, you are much better off doing lunch, ask for the patio so you can people watch, and head over to F! early to get good seats!

The skillet at WC is awesome, although the place can be loud! Ask for the library if you want a quieter evening!

If you want to see Wishes from the Cali Grill, just go up for drinks! No need for a dinner reservation!

PM me if you need any help!

one time we did yatchsman steakhouse (great place) at the Yacht and Beach Club-
and took a boat over to the studios - it was pretty easy.
Then you could see Fantasmic

But the brown derby is so great too.

Just an FYI...
The Fantasmic! dinner package gets you some of the worst seats in the house! If you really want to do Brown Derby, you are much better off doing lunch, ask for the patio so you can people watch, and head over to F! early to get good seats!
The skillet at WC is awesome, although the place can be loud! Ask for the library if you want a quieter evening!

If you want to see Wishes from the Cali Grill, just go up for drinks! No need for a dinner reservation!
PM me if you need any help!

You are the 3rd person to tell me that! I like your suggestion....

I know WC will be loud and I have prepared myself for the "entertainment", but you have suggested the library area, so Im up for that...thank you Mike!:goodvibes Oh, BTW, you are going have to let me know when are working so we can stop by and see ya! I do wanna meet ya and you can sing Happy Birthday to Jon! :banana:

Ooh! Ooh! :yay::yay:
Can I volunteer?

You were the 1st one I was gonna ask....;)

:headache::headache::headache::headache:I'm going to miss you by a DAY too!..But it shant be my last trip and so we shall meet.....this I VOW! (evil laugh here....)

Oh shucks Rosie!!!! Can you add on a few more days to your trip???? I wanna meet you too!!!!

I second the motion....:yay:

Motion passes.....:lmao:

one time we did yatchsman steakhouse (great place) at the Yacht and Beach Club-
and took a boat over to the studios - it was pretty easy.
Then you could see Fantasmic

But the brown derby is so great too.

Another good suggestion, thank you wally!!! You devil you....;)

You were the 1st one I was gonna ask....;)

:hug:

I think Mike has a good idea about just ordering a drinky-poo at California Grill if you're not looking to shell out the big bucks for a meal that evening. And remember, if you do get the hankerin' for dinner you can eat at the bar too, which also doesn't require a reservation. :) "Wishes" is great from up there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter