Anyway to Tell if Excursions are Sold Out?

OhioStateBuckeye

DIS Veteran
This is my first Disney (or any) cruise. I know that almost everyone on the cruise is able to book excursions before me. Is there a way to tell if any of the Disney sponsored excursions are sold out? I'm going through them trying to decide which I'd like to do and I'd hate to get my heart set on one that is already sold out.

Go to the thread for your cruise on the Meets (it's at the top of the page) and you can ask people who are prior cruisers to check.

This is my first Disney (or any) cruise. I know that almost everyone on the cruise is able to book excursions before me. Is there a way to tell if any of the Disney sponsored excursions are sold out? I'm going through them trying to decide which I'd like to do and I'd hate to get my heart set on one that is already sold out.
Last resort comes when you are allowed to book the excursions on line. The times available will show up, those booked solid won't. We have faced this a couple of times, so we always have a second or third choice lined up. There are also private, non-DCL tours and excursions, for each port, that you can check out on line. Remember, your cruise ship will not wait for these outside tours, while they will, within reason, for their own.
Hope this is still up-to-date and you get what you want. From a fellow Buckeye ('65).

Just make a list and pick like your top 3 in order for each port. That way if 1 is sold out then try the next one.

Thanks @Dug720 , I asked on my cruise thread and a nice person is checking for me.

For most ports I picked more than one. For Bonaire I really want to visit the donkey sanctuary and there is only one that does that so hopefully it is still available.

I wouldn't even know where to start to look up non-Disney excursions.

Thanks @Dug720 ,

Its easiest, more convenient to just go through disney. But they aren't cheap, and limited to what is out there. Cheapest route is directly with the conpany doing the tour but can be more work on your part, and you may not get off the ship as early as if you are doing a Disney one. I have had good luck using Viator, which is an agent that brokers the details between you and the company or companies if a multiple leg tour, and their prices have been similar to going direct. But to be honest I have never used them while cruising(we just do Disney ones), only when flying/train to various European cities/countries.

Its easiest, more convenient to just go through disney. But they aren't cheap, and limited to what is out there. Cheapest route is directly with the conpany doing the tour but can be more work on your part, and you may not get off the ship as early as if you are doing a Disney one. I have had good luck using Viator, which is an agent that brokers the details between you and the company or companies if a multiple leg tour, and their prices have been similar to going direct. But to be honest I have never used them while cruising(we just do Disney ones), only when flying/train to various European cities/countries.

I will google them, thank you!

Thanks @Dug720 , I asked on my cruise thread and a nice person is checking for me.

For most ports I picked more than one. For Bonaire I really want to visit the donkey sanctuary and there is only one that does that so hopefully it is still available.

Donkey sanctuary? Now I definitely need to book a cruise that includes Bonaire!

Donkey sanctuary? Now I definitely need to book a cruise that includes Bonaire!

I've never been there, but it sounds really nice! It's involved in a lot of conservation efforts, and they have the donkey sanctuary and flamingos! I love flamingos. Bonaire was the reason we chose the sailing that we did.

Trip Advisor is great for finding independent operators, as noted by previous poster. I also recommend checking out Cruise Critic's individual port forums. Tons of good info there regarding things to do, operators, etc. at specific ports.

When we first started cruising we went the simple route and just booked through Disney. We very quickly found that it wasn't the experience we were looking for. Some people don't mind the bus tours with 30 or 40 of your new best friends, but we don't care for it. Yes, it's a little more work to find independent excursions, but we find it so worth it. And yes, it's true that ship will not wait for you if you are on a private excursion, but we have never had an issue being even remotely close to missing the ship. These companies live or die by their reputation and all it takes is one or two disgruntled customers and a social media platform to ruin them. They will do everything humanly possible to get you back in time.

Someone also mentioned Viator. We have never used them, but some friends just got back from Italy (not on cruise, though) and used them throughout their two week trip and were very pleased with the tours and their service.

I've never been there, but it sounds really nice! It's involved in a lot of conservation efforts, and they have the donkey sanctuary and flamingos! I love flamingos. Bonaire was the reason we chose the sailing that we did.
Now this donkey sanctuary isn't on Pleasure Island, where Pinocchio grew ears, etc.? Disney hasn't come out with a park like that as yet...give them time. Our grandkids love sting rays, turtles, etc. and would love to see the sanctuary...hope you get there.

You can also check the Disney Cruise Line blog. They often do excursions on their own and have done the Southern Caribbean cruise. They may discuss their excursions in the trip report. I have heard the wife say she uses Trip Advisor and travel books like Fodders. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter