ANZ Card

BrizMarc, yeah that was all they knew. Just they are getting one, they didn't have any info but it would be in a couple of weeks. I even asked if they had a brochure - but nothing yet.

BrizMarc, yeah that was all they knew. Just they are getting one, they didn't have any info but it would be in a couple of weeks. I even asked if they had a brochure - but nothing yet.

I was gonna go with the Commonwealth Card but I am interested in seeing what AMEX come up with. I wonder if a "couple of weeks" means weeks or "they have no idea but its in the works":rotfl2:

We ended up getting a Travellex Cash Passport. You can get them from various banks and Aust Post. It works exactly the same as a ANZ Travel Card and can be used at any Visa approved ATM which is just about all of them including JPMorgan Chase (Which are the ATM's on disney properties).

I eventually applied through NAB at their exchange rate which was on the day much higher than all the other banks. I just walked into the bank and withdrew funds and placed it on the card. I was given 2 cards with cash pre-loaded and online access to change PIN's and view transactions and balances.

Just went into Amex to change some money and asked about the Amex travel card. I didn't want to get one but thought I would see what info they had to share with all here on Dis.

They said they will have the cards available from them from 23rd August. It will be $15 to get the card. It will work where ever Amex is accepted. Cash withdrawals in the US will be $2 with a maximum withdrawal of $1000 day. You will get 2 cards and if one gets lost then you call and they will cancel that card and activate the other one.

Thats all the info I have (well that's all I can remember :rotfl: )

Just went into Amex to change some money and asked about the Amex travel card. I didn't want to get one but thought I would see what info they had to share with all here on Dis.

They said they will have the cards available from them from 23rd August. It will be $15 to get the card. It will work where ever Amex is accepted. Cash withdrawals in the US will be $2 with a minimum withdrawal of $1000 day. You will get 2 cards and if one gets lost then you call and they will cancel that card and activate the other one.

Thats all the info I have (well that's all I can remember :rotfl: )

Thanks for doing that. I was very interested in the AMEX card.

BY the way, you mean MAXimum of $1000 a day, not minimum?

. with a minimum withdrawal of $1000 day. )

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Woah, that a huge minimum withdrawal - I don't think I would like to be taking out $1000 unless I was close to my hotel with a safe in my room :confused3

Aside from that it doesn't seem too much different than the other travel cards really.

xxx

Woah, that a huge minimum withdrawal - I don't think I would like to be taking out $1000 unless I was close to my hotel with a safe in my room :confused3

Aside from that it doesn't seem too much different than the other travel cards really.

xxx

im sure it was a mistake

Thanks for doing that. I was very interested in the AMEX card.

BY the way, you mean MAXimum of $1000 a day, not minimum?

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Yes you are correct, I did mean MAXimum

xxx
Sorry, bit of a typo :rotfl:

im sure it was a mistake
It sure was :rotfl2: Wasn't paying attention when I was typing :rotfl2:

We did have a few problems with the ANZ card and wouldn't use it again personally. We had spent more than we expected to and 9 days before our trip ended transferred more money onto it. As we did it by bpay, I expected it to only take 24hours before it showed up. I hadn't read that it actually took 4days to transfers to show up. (my fault) But in fact it took 8days for the money to show up so for 4-5days of our trip we were out of money. We had to cancel several of our ADR's towards the end of the trip. It ended up coming through on our last day. Of course then we didn't spend it all and lost quite a bit converting it back to AUD. In our mad 2 hours of Premium Shopping Outlet shopping on our last day, we also found a couple of stores that it wouldn't work aswell as one offsite restaurant.

We did have a few problems with the ANZ card and wouldn't use it again personally. We had spent more than we expected to and 9 days before our trip ended transferred more money onto it. As we did it by bpay, I expected it to only take 24hours before it showed up. I hadn't read that it actually took 4days to transfers to show up. (my fault) But in fact it took 8days for the money to show up so for 4-5days of our trip we were out of money. We had to cancel several of our ADR's towards the end of the trip. It ended up coming through on our last day. Of course then we didn't spend it all and lost quite a bit converting it back to AUD. In our mad 2 hours of Premium Shopping Outlet shopping on our last day, we also found a couple of stores that it wouldn't work aswell as one offsite restaurant.

wow, nothing worse than not being able to access your own money :scared1:

wow, nothing worse than not being able to access your own money :scared1:

If you didn't have to transfer money and put the full amount you needed on the card to begin with I imagine you'd be ok. But the bank made out that it was just so easy. I should have read that it took 4 days but then again it took double the time it should have.
The worst was that the money was in limbo. It wasn't in my account, and not on the card. I couldn't even cancel the transaction to access the money another way. We survived for the most part as we were in a rental villa and had groceries that we had bought earlier. But are still disappointed that we had to cancel our ADR's at Narcoosees, garden grill and Wishes Desert Party amongst others.

Wow, we never had any problems using the card anywhere, and we used it a thousand times :confused3

I was aware of the delay in getting funds transferred by BPAY. We were advised of this at the branch when we initally got the card, and it says it in the T & C also. So yeah, everyone should beware that loading funds onto the card by BPAY can take up to a week to get onto the card. :goodvibes

xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter