AP and room rate but says I can only get my AP at a ticket gate at one of the parks, help

maxsmom

DIS Veteran
So, I booked an AP rate room and purchased my AP. I have the email with all of the info and printed it out. It says you have to show the AP at check in. When I purchased the AP it only gave me the option to pick it up at one of the park ticket windows. It said to select how I wanted it but that was the only option. So, can someone tell me exactly how check in will work. Will my family have to wait at Cabana Bay for me to go to a park ticket window to get my pass before we can check in? Thanks
Oh, I was also hoping to get the food and refillable mug that evening w/ the discount. Our plane arrives at MCO at 7:00. Thanks

They've never actually asked me for it, in probably a dozen stays. But even if you are asked, you only need to present it before you check-out to get the rate.

yes, had to double check email, but this was what it said:
To pick up your ticket(s) or Annual Pass(es), print your online order confirmation page and bring it with you to ANY of the front gate ticket windows (located at the entrances to Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure OR Universal's Volcano Bay) during regular theme park operating hours. The credit cardholder must be present to pick up the ticket(s) or Annual Pass(es) purchased. The credit cardholder must also bring the following items: the credit card used for the transaction (for verification only); a valid photo ID; a valid Florida photo ID for any Florida Resident products purchased; and the order confirmation number (located on the order confirmation page).

Not sure of the ticket desk hours at every hotel though ,but had no issues either time picking up at the hotel ticket desk. I did have a print out of the confirmations for all of the tickets for the family .

yes, had to double check email, but this was what it said:
To pick up your ticket(s) or Annual Pass(es), print your online order confirmation page and bring it with you to ANY of the front gate ticket windows (located at the entrances to Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure OR Universal's Volcano Bay) during regular theme park operating hours. The credit cardholder must be present to pick up the ticket(s) or Annual Pass(es) purchased. The credit cardholder must also bring the following items: the credit card used for the transaction (for verification only); a valid photo ID; a valid Florida photo ID for any Florida Resident products purchased; and the order confirmation number (located on the order confirmation page).

Not sure of the ticket desk hours at every hotel though ,but had no issues either time picking up at the hotel ticket desk. I did have a print out of the confirmations for all of the tickets for the family .
Awesome, thank you!

In the past, I believe you could only pick up your AP at the hotels if you paid in full for them. If you were on the flex payment plan, you had to go to the park window. Someone correct me if I am wrong
I paid in full so hopefully I can get it at the hotel.

If I bought the AP with the Flex Plan but paid it off in full prior to my visit, do you think I can pick it up at the hotel?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but we are planning on getting the annual pass before September and then booking our hotel with discount - Just when does the annual pass start? At the time of the booking, or arrival?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but we are planning on getting the annual pass before September and then booking our hotel with discount - Just when does the annual pass start? At the time of the booking, or arrival?
the AP starts the first day you enter the park -you don't have to have the AP when you book it - although I have NEVER been asked to show it - many have.

So as soon as you see a good AP rate you should book it even if you have not purchased the pass yet - just be ready to show it at check in or before check out if asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter