AP Expiration Date?

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
I really should know this after years of having AP's, but I can't remember. If I activate our AP's on May 8th--does that mean I can visit the parks until May 8th, 2025--or would that expiration date be May 7th, 2025? Can't remember if its a 'full' 365, or not?

I really should know this after years of having AP's, but I can't remember. If I activate our AP's on May 8th--does that mean I can visit the parks until May 8th, 2025--or would that expiration date be May 7th, 2025? Can't remember if its a 'full' 365, or not?
It would be for a full year - so through 5/7/2025, if activated 5/8/2024.

I probably phrased that wrong, but would it STILL be active on May 8th, 2025?

I probably phrased that wrong, but would it STILL be active on May 8th, 2025?
Good through 5/7/2025. So no. May 8, 2025 would be the beginning of the next 365 day period if you renewed - or not available to you if you don't.

In that case, it's different from what it used to be. I don't remember exactly when, but in the mid-2000s, your AP was good through the same date the following year. I remember doing it a couple of times-that is, entering the parks on the last day and the Cast Member at the gate (this was pre-Magic Bands and you had to show the AP itself) were always impressed. So your Annual Pass was really good for 366 days, an extra day "for free!" Glad this question was asked, otherwise I'd assume I could still use it that extra day.
When I pick up my Annual Pass at Guest Services, I'll double-check the expiration.

We've had APs off and on for 20 years or so, and I don't recall being given an extra day - but I obviously could just be misremembering. But since around 2017, we've had them non-stop, through the pandemic, and don't remember the extra day. It got all mixed up over the pandemic with them extending things automatically by a number of months. We've also been in a mode of renewing, so perhaps any extra day was kind of lost in the mix for us.....

So, don't know what you tell you, but I believe your pass will be good for 365 days. Is not having 366 days in 2025 a deal breaker?

We've had APs off and on for 20 years or so, and I don't recall being given an extra day - but I obviously could just be misremembering. But since around 2017, we've had them non-stop, through the pandemic, and don't remember the extra day. It got all mixed up over the pandemic with them extending things automatically by a number of months. We've also been in a mode of renewing, so perhaps any extra day was kind of lost in the mix for us.....

So, don't know what you tell you, but I believe your pass will be good for 365 days. Is not having 366 days in 2025 a deal breaker?
Not at all....just trying to figure out when to have our first day at the park, so we can squeeze our big trip next year under this AP.

If you activate your AP on May 8th, you can visit the parks until May 8th, 2025. It's a full 365 days from the activation date. Enjoy your time in the parks!

If you activate your AP on May 8th, you can visit the parks until May 8th, 2025. It's a full 365 days from the activation date. Enjoy your time in the parks!
I just got off the phone with a CM (although I know they aren't always right), but she is telling me if activated on May 8th 2024, my last day with that pass would be May 7th, 2025.

I had thought like you did--that I could still enter on May 8th, 2025. I may call again later today to see another CM opinion.

if activated on May 8th 2024, my last day with that pass would be May 7th, 2025.
That is 365 days, inclusive of start (5/8/2024) and end (5/7/2025) both dates you can use the AP to enter the parks.

Pre-pandemic they did give an extra day (366), with a pass activated on 5/8/2017 valid thru 5/8/2018. A renewal then essentially pushed that out an additional 365 days to 5/8/2019. (**note I have intentionally pushed this example back prior to the pandemic)

Since restarting AP sales in Sept. 2021, the extra day was no longer included. An AP started on 5/8/2024 will be valid for last use on 5/7/2025. A renewal will push that an extra 365 days to 5/7/2026.

You can use it up until May 8. I activated my AP last Sept. 4 and I can use my pass on Sept 3. I purposefully booked this trip so that I could use my AP right up. until the last day, which is Sept. 3

You can use it up until May 8. I activated my AP last Sept. 4 and I can use my pass on Sept 3. I purposefully booked this trip so that I could use my AP right up. until the last day, which is Sept. 3
You activated on Sept. 4th last year and it's valid through Sept. 3rd this year. (and there was an extra day for leap year)

So if OP activates an AP on May 8th this year it will only be valid through May 7th next year.

You activated on Sept. 4th last year and it's valid through Sept. 3rd this year. (and there was an extra day for leap year)

So if OP activates an AP on May 8th this year it will only be valid through May 7th next year.
Leap Year!! What a mess it makes of things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter