AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I have a paid in full pass (out of state) and I received my cancellation email last Tuesday. I’m waiting to cancel until closer to August 11th in case more details come out. I paid most of it with a gift card that I no longer have so I’m dreading having to call to make sure that’s straightened out.

Are there still people out there with a "paid in full" AP who have not gotten an email? I'm still waiting.

We have not received an e-mail. Original FL PL AP expired in March. In February we had paid in full for the renewal. 2019-20 has been extended to August. The 2020-21 ticket now expires in August 2021.

Are there still people out there with a "paid in full" AP who have not gotten an email? I'm still waiting.

I cannot afford to be camped on the phone for an hour or more in the hope of being connected to a CM who will refund my AP. I'm also irritated that I won't be told my exact refund amount. By my calculation, I'm owed well over $1k. I shouldn't have to work this hard to get a refund that I'm rightfully owed. This is a company with enormous resources. They pulled in over 2 billion dollars on the last Marvel movie. I think they can afford to hire the right staff to enable a more painless refund process.
I also did not get the email for my paid in full pass but I used the link posted by Yulilin in this thread last week and it worked for me to extend my pass. You might try the link before waiting on hold.

Sorry if I have missed the answer to this question:

For APs purchased at Sam’s Club, has it been confirmed that the refund will come in the form of a check?

For people who have bridged a ticket purchase to an annual pass, are you worried that the amount refunded will be too small if they are only calculating what you paid for the annual pass? Or are they using the list price for the AP?

for example, I had 10 day park hoppers that I purchased from undercover tourist. So it didn’t cost me very much to upgrade them to an annual pass.

Will the refund be on the list price of the gold AP? Or on the small amount that I paid to upgrade the PArk hoppers to an AP?
(Im assuming it would be for the same amount of days in either case, but curious about the AP price they use)

For people who have bridged a ticket purchase to an annual pass, are you worried that the amount refunded will be too small if they are only calculating what you paid for the annual pass? Or are they using the list price for the AP?

for example, I had 10 day park hoppers that I purchased from undercover tourist. So it didn’t cost me very much to upgrade them to an annual pass.

Will the refund be on the list price of the gold AP? Or on the small amount that I paid to upgrade the PArk hoppers to an AP?
(Im assuming it would be for the same amount of days in either case, but curious about the AP price they use)
It’s a refund on the list price. We’re already ahead $-wise as we upgraded a 6 day hopper to a DVC Gold AP after using it over NYE (so most expensive pd on the calendar).

Just for the closure we’ve received over 2X the amount we paid to upgrade between the tix & APs. We’ll end up getting 9ish of the 12 months refunded which at least means that our NYE trip was the cheapest we’ve ever taken in terms of tix. Still doesn’t emotionally make up for the 2 trips we’ve canceled though. Could really use a vacation right now ☹️

Sorry if I have missed the answer to this question:

For APs purchased at Sam’s Club, has it been confirmed that the refund will come in the form of a check?

I called yesterday and the CM could not tell me for sure but she guessed it might. Also no idea on what the value used will be. We ended up canceling which will give us 6 months back on 3 of our APs and over 10 months back on one of them. No idea on the amount and won’t find out till september or October. She said they won’t begin processing the refunds until August 12th and to expect it back on a credit card by middle of September or by check middle of October. Apparently even though we canceled our passes are still good through August 11th. We have paid in full platinum passes and both the extension for the closure period and the one month extension had already been added to our account

I called yesterday and the CM could not tell me for sure but she guessed it might. Also no idea on what the value used will be. We ended up canceling which will give us 6 months back on 3 of our APs and over 10 months back on one of them. No idea on the amount and won’t find out till september or October. She said they won’t begin processing the refunds until August 12th and to expect it back on a credit card by middle of September or by check middle of October. Apparently even though we canceled our passes are still good through August 11th. We have paid in full platinum passes and both the extension for the closure period and the one month extension had already been added to our account

Thanks for the info! It’s very helpful.

I still have to decide whether I want to keep my old AP and take the chance that the virus numbers will improve enough to get good use out of it, or take the refund (9 month‘s worth) and put it toward a new AP. A new AP would cost considerably more than the old one from Sam’s, but at least it could be activated whenever and still have 12 months of use. If I cancel my September trip that would be the best option. Looks like I have to decide by August 11.

I purchased 3 AP on contract mid Dec for a family trip in Jan. By the end of Dec I was in hospital with Cancer. We canceled the hotel and out of state day tic and received refunds They told us we would get refunds for the APs. The APs were Never Activated.

They told us in March that our refunds were held up by review. They continued to take monthly payments. We were then told they should hold us to the contract we signed?!? by purchasing APs on monthly payments, but perhaps this once they would refund us.

Today - no email, no satisfaction after many calls with assurance we would receive a refund after they decided how to handle the closure. Today, they tell us we do not have passes, but a certificate!?! which is not covered by the current decision on refunds.

Disney ducks.

I purchased 3 AP on contract mid Dec for a family trip in Jan. By the end of Dec I was in hospital with Cancer. We canceled the hotel and out of state day tic and received refunds They told us we would get refunds for the APs. The APs were Never Activated.

They told us in March that our refunds were held up by review. They continued to take monthly payments. We were then told they should hold us to the contract we signed?!? by purchasing APs on monthly payments, but perhaps this once they would refund us.

Today - no email, no satisfaction after many calls with assurance we would receive a refund after they decided how to handle the closure. Today, they tell us we do not have passes, but a certificate!?! which is not covered by the current decision on refunds.

Disney ducks.
I’m so sorry. And hoping you are on your way to good health. That is such an ordeal, when you’re fighting far more important battles.

It’s a refund on the list price. We’re already ahead $-wise as we upgraded a 6 day hopper to a DVC Gold AP after using it over NYE (so most expensive pd on the calendar).

Just for the closure we’ve received over 2X the amount we paid to upgrade between the tix & APs. We’ll end up getting 9ish of the 12 months refunded which at least means that our NYE trip was the cheapest we’ve ever taken in terms of tix. Still doesn’t emotionally make up for the 2 trips we’ve canceled though. Could really use a vacation right now ☹
Well this is really helpful. Yes I was specifically worried about how bridging might be effected or usage etc.

Called today. I never received an email but my husband did.

Cancelled three PIF out of state Platinum APs. CM not very helpful - she doesn’t know what happens to APs that weren’t purchased through Disney.

Funny enough I got an email confirming my cancellation of the AP (first AP related email ever! Woohoo! I’ll take it!)

Called today. I never received an email but my husband did.

Cancelled three PIF out of state Platinum APs. CM not very helpful - she doesn’t know what happens to APs that weren’t purchased through Disney.

Funny enough I got an email confirming my cancellation of the AP (first AP related email ever! Woohoo! I’ll take it!)
it's third party. Disney can't do anything about that as far as I know

Well this is definitely an odd experience.

A little background: I called in mid-June to request a refund on two AP's for the parks closure period, rather than the extension. One AP expired May 16th 2020, and another expired May 24th 2020 (original expiration dates). During the time since then, both passes show extended in MDE, AND the additional free 30 day extension.

This morning, we both woke up with refunds to our credit cards.

We both had Platinum APs, paid in full (we're out of state).

AP w. May 16th exp: Received $259.91 refund
AP w. May 24th exp: Received $306.13 refund

This definitely doesn't make sense in terms of prorated amount (we did the math and were expecting under $200 back each). So I do not know how to understand the amount we got back. But it's definitely more than I was expecting so I'm not complaining. Both refund went back to method of payment, which ended up being cards we don't use anymore. We're both calling the CC companies to have them send us a check and/or transfer the funds to a checking account.

Edit: I never got through to a CM since they announced the new AP options last week, and I never received an email to choose what option I wanted to do.

How much was the original cost? I paid $953 with tax, expiration May 24, 2020, and got back $181. Nothing had been extended on my pass.
The May 16th pass I paid around $808 I think (it was a renewal)
The May 24th pass my friend paid $952 (new pass)

All dollar amounts with tax.

edit: to include original price of May 24th pass.

Last edited:
The May 16th pass I paid around $808 I think (it was a renewal)
The May 24th was my friend's pass - I need to ask her how much she paid. It was a new Platinum pass.
Tax included? I've tried figuring it out a variety of ways and I can't get it to come out to that number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter