AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

The correct amount would be the amount you paid, with tax, divided by 365, times the number of days you lost from the closure. (March 16 to May X.)
Not sure that math works if your pass has blackout dates. Dividing by 365 assumes all days have equal value. However multiplying by the number of days your type of pass lost doesn’t maintain that assumption.

I have a profile I control who currently has a park pass reservation but I moved the ticket off of her profile the day I made the park pass and the park pass is still there. This was all done 6 days ago so I don't think it's an overnight sweep. (This is obviously not an AP reservation and I will cancel it as the date comes closer if Disney doesn't cancel it first, I don't want to deprive anyone of a reservation that I accidentally booked on a profile I don't use).
Interesting, thanks!

I'm guessing this has been broached already but can't find so here goes...

If I plan to visit in September (taking advantage of the AP discounts) with a friend (without an AP), how should I approach securing a room and park reservations if the friend wishes to become an AP as they are not being sold currently? Should I just get a room-only reservation, tickets for him, then hope to exchange when there if APs are available? Any better option? Thanks in advance...

Should I just get a room-only reservation, tickets for him, then hope to exchange when there if APs are available? Any better option? Thanks in advance...
I think this is your only option at the moment. When you go to make park pass reservations you may need to make them for each of you separately as the system doesn’t like mixed type of admission media (AP/ticket holders) - I’m not sure if it will give you an error since you’d both be resort guests, but if it does, don’t panic. Just make one then the other.

Not sure that math works if your pass has blackout dates. Dividing by 365 assumes all days have equal value. However multiplying by the number of days your type of pass lost doesn’t maintain that assumption.
I was responding to a poster who asked me:

What is the ‘correct amount’ for an expired in May AP?
That’s when dh AP expired also.

She was responding to me because I posted about getting a refund for a pass that expired in May.

I never said this applied to all passes, as a matter of fact, I have been very careful about posting that CMs probably cannot give answers to everyone because of the variety of passes available and the differing amounts paid. Where did I say this applies to all passes?

I was responding to a poster who asked me:

What is the ‘correct amount’ for an expired in May AP?
That’s when dh AP expired also.

She was responding to me because I posted about getting a refund for a pass that expired in May.

I never said this applied to all passes, as a matter of fact, I have been very careful about posting that CMs probably cannot give answers to everyone because of the variety of passes available and the differing amounts paid. Where did I say this applies to all passes?
Just a general rumination - nothing directed at you specifically. Funny how something as simple as a refund can be made so complex.

Just double checking: there is no known formula that Disney is using to calculate refunds, correct? It’s varying person to person- sometimes in your economic favor and sometimes not. Right?

Just double checking: there is no known formula that Disney is using to calculate refunds, correct? It’s varying person to person- sometimes in your economic favor and sometimes not. Right?
Exactly. Many assumptions but no full cancellation refunds to be posted until after the deadline to decide, and those with partial refunds having variable experiences.

FYI: The AP 'One Extra Month' pixie dust extension that was to occur in Oct has started to show up on your AP's. Both of our AP's are now extended out an extra month in addition to the Park shutdown 117 day extension. I was able to book our extra Park Reservations within the new extension period. Wow - Disney IT actually ahead of time and it worked! AP Year: 10/13/2019 - 03/09/2021. 33 Park days at $13.53 per person/per park day. Awesome.

Well, I believe I received a refund for my daughter's AP, which expired on June 11. The credit on my CC statement is from Epcot Guest Relations, and I can't imagine what else it would be. I called to ask for a refund back in June before the AP expired. The expiration date was extended to October 5 at some point in late June. I figured I'd call at some point to get it straightened out but noticed the credit this morning. For the record, the credit amount was $228 and change. I bought the AP right before the huge price hike in June 2019, so I paid around $900 for it. We live in PA, so it's not as if we have the opportunity to go on a whim. We got 14 days out of the AP for less than $700, so that's fair to me. Weirdly, I noticed my daughter also got the extra one-month extension, so her AP now expires November 5. We have a trip tentatively planned for late November, so it doesn't help us, unfortunately. If I think we can get two trips out of it, I'll renew the AP, but it really depends on whether park hopping is available.

To sum - AP expired on June 11, 2020 but extended to October 5, 2020. Refund for $228 received July 16, 2020. AP extended an additional month to November 5, 2020.

So much for trying to send an email:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We regret we were unable to respond to your inquiry with the expediency required.

A Cast Member will need to review your account. Please call us with your annual pass cards in hand.

Thank you for being part of our Annual Passholder family! For assistance with your Annual Pass, please call our Passholder Help Desk at 407-WDW-PASS (407-939-7277). Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week.

Is it bad that I’m beginning to ponder that if between now/aug 11th it gets announced that RunDisney is taking a break if it would be worth it to just cancel my AP?

PIF FL resident gold ... used it 4 times pre closure....expires (with the 117+30 added) mid April

I had 7 days of park passes booked between our two pop stays but if there are no races???

I emailed WDW over a week ago with questions regarding cancelling my and my daughter’s AP.

Today I received a reply , or should I say a non-reply, basically telling me to call.

I had hoped to make it easier by emailing instead of calling, so they could perhaps forward my email to the appropriate persons.

Nope! Not gonna happen . 😕

Attachments

• 30699044-EE05-4304-85B4-889A314C190E.jpeg
    30699044-EE05-4304-85B4-889A314C190E.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 25

Right. I really tried to get the math on this.

Upgraded an UT parkhopper in November and paid the difference with a Disney gift card.
Gold DVC annual pass Nov 2019 was $699. plus tax = $744.43.

Divided $744.43 by 365 = $2.0395 per day
Used my pass 15 days (park entries) over 3 trips $2.0395 x 15 = $30.59
(remembering the rumor that park entries affected remaining value)
$744.43 - $30.59 = $713.83 = remainder of pass $ value

$713.83 divided by 365 = 1.96/day
Refund = $229.06 divided by 117 days = $1.96/day

Received a check for $229.06 7/21/2020 plus DVC Gold AP was extended 30 days to Dec 6, 2020.

Have a Nov 2020 trip booked plus park reservations. Trying to decide if I will cancel the trip and the remainder of the AP.

The above math is just an *attempt* to reconcile and find the formula used to determine refunds on my part.

*Edit - refund was requested for closure period on May 26.

Last edited:
Well, I believe I received a refund for my daughter's AP, which expired on June 11. The credit on my CC statement is from Epcot Guest Relations, and I can't imagine what else it would be. I called to ask for a refund back in June before the AP expired. The expiration date was extended to October 5 at some point in late June. I figured I'd call at some point to get it straightened out but noticed the credit this morning. For the record, the credit amount was $228 and change. I bought the AP right before the huge price hike in June 2019, so I paid around $900 for it. We live in PA, so it's not as if we have the opportunity to go on a whim. We got 14 days out of the AP for less than $700, so that's fair to me. Weirdly, I noticed my daughter also got the extra one-month extension, so her AP now expires November 5. We have a trip tentatively planned for late November, so it doesn't help us, unfortunately. If I think we can get two trips out of it, I'll renew the AP, but it really depends on whether park hopping is available.

To sum - AP expired on June 11, 2020 but extended to October 5, 2020. Refund for $228 received July 16, 2020. AP extended an additional month to November 5, 2020.
Are you saying that your daughter received both the refund for the closure + the extension of several months? Do you think that's a mistake or because you requested the refund back in June? I thought that the several months extension was in lieu of the closure refund.

I emailed WDW over a week ago with questions regarding cancelling my and my daughter’s AP.

Today I received a reply , or should I say a non-reply, basically telling me to call.

I had hoped to make it easier by emailing instead of calling, so they could perhaps forward my email to the appropriate persons.

Nope! Not gonna happen . 😕

Same here. I was also told just to call.

Anyone else ask for a Call Back and get a call back 3 hours later to only have them make you sit on hold? lol I don't think thats how this works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter