AP question--renewal

kkmauch

Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with fact
I have a Prem. Annual Pass that expires May 20, 2005. My question is, how far in advance can I renew my pass? If I renew my pass when I am there in December (to get the extra reward dollars on my Disney Visa) will my new renewed pass start May 21, 2005 or will it start in December?
Thanks for any info.
Kassie

I don't know that you could renew it that early. I don't know if there is a limit to how far in advance you can renew it or not. I do know that they usually send out your renewal notice about 6 weeks-2 months in advance. And the renewal would start on May 20, not the time you renew. I would suggest asking at guest relations if you can renew at that time or not. Couldn't hurt to ask.

I spoke with GS today. They didn't seem to know what I was talking about. According to the woman I spoke with, if I renew my membership in December when I am in WDW, then my Premium Annual Pass will have a new expiration date of December 2005.
This doesn't seem right to me...anyone else?

just bumping to see if anyone else has any info...

OK, I'm not familar with the Disney Visa program, I don't have one. Are there "extra" points for putting charges on the card during a WDW trip, or are you looking to renew prior to the end of the calendar year for some reason? If you are simply looking to renew prior to the end of the year, I think you can call the Passholder number and renew in December...they'll send you a renewal voucher, it will appear on your Visa statement in December, but then you simply will hold onto the voucher and activate it during your next visit to the park AFTER May 2005, and pass will be back dated, like it started on May 21, 2005.

If you renew in Dec04 you will get Dec05 as your expiration date.
BUT, they credit you for the 4-5 months you didn't use, so your renewal rate is less. Instead of adding a year in May, you basically added 8 additional months on your December TRIP. Make sense?
Within 6 weeks or so of the renewal date, they keep your same expiration day and just push it out one more year. They can't do that any earlier

I know when we had passes, they sent us renewal forms in the mail.

Ok, thanks all. That's exactly the information that I needed to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter