AP question

HIHO...HIHO

Jasmine wanabe
Hi! :wave2: Just a question about AP discounts? Is it worth it to get a AP membership if a family of 4 only goes to Disney every few years? We go to WL staying in a courtyard room, using a AAA discount normally, but wondered if we bought the AP membership, if we would get better discounts? We usually go in the 2nd or 3rd week in May also as our kids get out of school in mid May. Just curious! Thanks :smooth:

I would venture to guess yes, as long as you can get the AP discount on the room.
You would have to take the cost of the AP minus the type of ticket you would normally buy for that person. Then take what you would pay for AAA rate - AP cost of the room. Take the room savings - the increased cost of what you're paying for your ticket, and you'll see if you save any money.

Example based on this years discount and prices:
Courtyard room @ WL
7 nights at AAA rate = $270/night * 7 = $1890
7 nights at AP rate = $200/night * 7 = $1400
Difference = $490

Cost of AP = $420.68
Cost of 7 day MYW, with hopper = $246.94
Difference = $173.74

$490-$173.74 = $316.26 savings. Your savings will depend on what type of ticket you are buying though.

Don't purchase an AP until you have your reservation with an AP rate though. You don't need the AP to make the reservation, just when you check-in.

Here's more info on other discounts you would get with an AP:
http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

I bought an AP last summer and we were able to save around $200 on just the one trip. The AP room discount was really good last summer. We are headed back in July so I am anxious to see what the AP discounts will be this summer.

I was able to get an AP reservation for WL 6/1-6/8 yesterday, Woods view. I was planning to upgrade my 5 day park hopper that I bought before the tickets changed this year for the AP. Where is least crowded place to do this? Also, will they accept the park hopper toward the price of the AP? The CM I spoke with didn't know the answer! :rotfl:

I figure I'll have to cough up about $175.00 more for the AP.

You will need to go to a Guest Services window at one of the parks (not TTC), or in Downtown Disney. Yes, they will apply the park hopper towards the AP :sunny:

We are saving a lot with the AP this year since there are no general codes right now.

Room Savings: $800
AP Cost: $395+tax
Ticket Cost (would have been): 232+tax
Difference in ticket cost: $163

Total Savings: approx. $637 (less tax)

I would assume the saving would be less if you are using a AAA discount already but there still should be some savings I would think.

We are booking AAA room only rates for the CSR in December.

We will change to AP rates at WL or AKL if good AP rates come out.

If they do $100 off for the deluxe rooms in value season, WL or AKL rooms will only be about $10 more than AAA moderate rates.

I won't buy the passport until I have booked the rooms with AP rate though.

I'd love to add the Disney Dining Experience too. :cool1:

Just a couple of days ago I booked a AAA rate at the Poly July 6-12th for $258 a night with the Disney Dining Plan through a AAA agent. I asked her numerous times if this was correct and she assured me she could do the dining plan package.

However, now I am thinking of removing the plan because my DD is 10 and she is considered an adult and I have to pay $35 a day for her. I have looked at most of the menus from the dining plan and their kids menu is from 3-11 years. Which would be $9.99 for the buffets and such!

:earsboy: What a conflict! :earsboy:

Don't forget that if you get the AP, you could also save yourself some money by purchasing the Disney Dining Experience card for $50. It will save you 20% off most sit-down and a few counter service restaurants. Since we eat a lot of meals at the sit-down places, DDE more than pays for itself in one trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter