AP resort rates-how often does this happen?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
With all the discussion about there not being any AP resort rates after April 9th yet, I got to wondering-are there almost always AP resort rates? I thought it was common for there not to be any AP specials at certain times. Does anyone know if/when the last time was that there were no AP rates?

There used to be no AP rates in the fall, except for maybe the Disney Institute (no one wanted to stay there). I know I went in the fall of 1998 & 1999 and had an AP and was grateful to get a 20% MKC discount which I booked a year earlier when MKC rates came out for the following year. I don't know if they started having them in the fall in 2000 or 2001.

There's no guarantee either if AP rates do come out that they will be lower than the codes.

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for any codes.

BUT... if WDW in the future doesn't offer better discounts with AP, then that may cause some of to re-think buying AP :)

Originally posted by jamsmom

BUT... if WDW in the future doesn't offer better discounts with AP, then that may cause some of to re-think buying AP :)

So you buy your AP strictly for the lower room rates? I bought mine because it was cheaper then buying park tickets for the 30 days we spend in WDW. To get a cheaper rate on a room was just an added bonus if it happened. Don't most people buy APs because they plan multiple trips or extended stays? Or am I the only one? LOL!

Well, BECAUSE I had the AP, I did go more often. But, the only way I can stay at a delux is with a code. Although, the code I have right now if good :)

This year, I will have only been there 8 days.

Well, BECAUSE I had the AP, I did go more often. But, the only way I can stay at a delux is with a code. Although, the code I have right now if good :)

This year, I will have only been there 8 days.

So far, in the last 12 months the public codes have beaten the AP rates anyway. Every time I book I change to whatever is the cheapest. It has never been the AP rates for us. At the WL and at the Poly, the public codes beat the AP rates by $10 a night. I seriously doubt they will be any lower then what is already out there if they even put out AP rates.

Same here...We originally bought AP's for 2 reasons...We were staying for 14 days and we were at the break even point with UPH and AP's. Then I realized how much we could save last year on our room with the AP rate so it made sense to buy them. The AP rate for WL was the lowest discount available last Christmas.

However, because we bought AP's we're making an extra trip this year. In the end we're spending a lot more money because I saved so much!;) I would think WDW would realize this is the end result from a lot of AP purchases, but perhaps we're just an out of the ordinary case!

Normally we go to WDW once a year or every other year, so buying the AP just for the multiple trips weren't a factor for us. A 14 day stay is also very unusual for us, normally our trips are 5-7 days. If the AP discounts aren't consistent, we just won't buy them anymore. For us, multiple park trips aren't enough of an incentive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter