AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a certain percentage of folks will move to universal vacations to stretch their dollar - but if we are being honest universal is a different product than Disney. When I’m above 60 - I will have to wonder what there really is to do at universal for a whole week - certainly not ride velocicoaster or the mummy lol. Heck , I don’t even want to do that now.
Going to guess you are talking being a day guest. The hotel prices there took A major bump due to increased occupancy & AP rates are few & far between, if you can find them

We’ve kept both parks passes running since DVC switched the weekends over to pricier #, a long time ago

Made adjustments to overall vacation spending to make it fit our allocated travel budget and happily enjoyed the best of both worlds. You cannot underestimate the beauty of the FOTL perc:cloud9:

Don’t be too quick to take 60+ guests out of the U equation, more than a few of us are still hanging tuff lol

Also, have managed to tighten the belt, living thru 2-3 recessions. Have felt the need,at times, to take a hard look at discretionary spending; of which we have travel as a priority. Sounds as though it’s decidedly new ground for many.

Admittedly, don’t want to look at our 401k right now lol, things will moderate as they always do with time

I know. I was told by a CM on the passholder line at the end of Feb that we could renew. But that info changed the last week of May about two days before they shut down sales of all Magic Kay’s. The changed info pertained to the Florida passes.

Got it! Then maybe I will be one of the only ones out there who got one!!!

When I’m above 60 - I will have to wonder what there really is to do at universal for a whole week - certainly not ride velocicoaster or the mummy lol. Heck , I don’t even want to do that now.
I’m not quite 60…”only” 53…but I did power-ride Mako a few months back. I probably got about nine or ten laps in the space of an hour with at most a station-wait each time.

Will I still be up for it in seven years? Maybe not, but I was sure surprised that I still have it in me!

Yes. I know. Anybody who had the precious metals passes can renew them into the character passes. But, the word on the street is the CMs are telling those with the character passes that they will not be able to renew. Disney will offer something else at renewal time and we do not know what that will look like. The new character passes will not begin expiring until September 7th, 2022. Enjoy another year with your new Sorcerer pass.

I am kind of confused. In March of 2021, I renewed to a Gold Pass, but I did not activate until September. So my pass was a Sorcerer pass. I renewed in March 2022 for another year of the Sorcerer pass with photopass added on. So they definitely renewed some of the character passes in the last few months.

I’m not quite 60…”only” 53…but I did power-ride Mako a few months back. I probably got about nine or ten laps in the space of an hour with at most a station-wait each time.

Will I still be up for it in seven years? Maybe not, but I was sure surprised that I still have it in me!

My Mom is 83 and while she would never do some of the wildest rides, she rides a lot of the thrill rides including Flight of Passage, Space Mountain (at DL only), Test Track, radiator Springs Racers, Big Thunder, Rise of the Resistance, Smugglers Run, Star Tours, Soaring. She does not think twice about going on any of them.

I am kind of confused. In March of 2021, I renewed to a Gold Pass, but I did not activate until September. So my pass was a Sorcerer pass. I renewed in March 2022 for another year of the Sorcerer pass with photopass added on. So they definitely renewed some of the character passes in the last few months.
This is an as of last few weeks thing. Tied to the announced keys no longer for sale in dl

Got it! Then maybe I will be one of the only ones out there who got one!!!
our Sorcerer passes expire Oct 13th but we arrive on the 16th. I called last week about an early-early renewal since they let me renew our Gold passes the year before in April (that expired in Oct) but I was told that they're not doing early-early renewal and I'd have to wait until Aug 16th to renew at the regular 60 day window...

Im guessing/expecting that they'll renew our Sorcerer passes?? :confused3

And I expect that I'll also have to head to the ticket booth and activate my renewal before we can head into the park, right?

our Sorcerer passes expire Oct 13th but we arrive on the 16th. I called last week about an early-early renewal since they let me renew our Gold passes the year before in April (that expired in Oct) but I was told that they're not doing early-early renewal and I'd have to wait until Aug 16th to renew at the regular 60 day window...

Im guessing/expecting that they'll renew our Sorcerer passes?? :confused3

And I expect that I'll also have to head to the ticket booth and activate my renewal before we can head into the park, right?

There are apparent rumors that they will be changing up the program again and any renewals will be to whatever is new.

My situation only happened because they took a day of a 10 day ticket I had from years ago that was not date based when I visited in March and had an active AP.

Of course, once they did that, it then expired 14 days later. When I went in May and asked what happened, they explained it was used by mistake.

But, since they don’t sell those anymore they only thing they could do was allow me to use its value..$500.:.toward an AP renewal certificate even though I was way outside my renewal window..which is January.

So, because of their mess up, I now have an actual Sorcerer renewal voucher, along with an active Sorcerer Pass.

I assume next March, if something new is in place, this voucher will become whatever the new one is, like gold did to Sorcerer.

The new rule is no early renewals. Pretty ironclad.

But more important than that, there may be no renewals at all of any of the 4 tiers of the character passes.

I suspect you just asked about an early renewal and did not ask the follow-up question of whether Sorcerer passes would be allowed to renew in the normal 60-day window. That is a different question. The next question after that is will the Sorcerer pass still be available then. In other words can you renew into a Sorcerer. Yet another different question.

Most people following this thread are waiting until July 9th to see if Disney comes out with a new annual pass program. If I were in your shoes with a trip planned for October 16th, three days after your current Sorcerer expires, I would get back on the phone, call the passholder line and ask all of the questions. Otherwise you will get there thinking you have 30 days after the current Sorcerer expires to just renew into another Sorcerer, but what if you cannot?

Char told me today renewals will be allowed for Sorcerer. What that tells me is that the info has not yet been communicated to everyone that the program is changing.

Or it’s because this is still a rumor only and they can’t tell people differently until it’s been officially announced?

Or it's all rumor and nobody knows, which is what I suspect. Lots of assumptions in this thread drawn from glistening branches of which nobody here has access to the entire tree. For all we know, nothing's going to change, and while it's fun to speculate and guess based on what's been written around the internet, I'm going to assume nothing is going to change at WDW until I see something written by Disney saying something new is taking over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter