AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sitting here still waiting for new APs to go on sale. I'm hopeful with DVC lifting their borrowing restriction maybe full normalcy will be back soon!
You can renew 30 days after your pass expires. The passes were sold in early Sep, so they won't know how many people aren't renewing until October. I would guess they need that number before they offer new passes for sale.
look for approximately September 8, 2022, the same day they started selling last year.
I don't see that. They just don't have the data for who is renewing. I would guess November at the earliest.

I know if I wanted an Incredipass, I would renew at the first possible moment. I can totally see yanking that one, even at renewal level.

My pass was activated in mid October, and I am sweating over here.

under no circumstances is it ok for a non direct dvc owner buying socerer
Uh, except the whole state of Florida. It's not like a few hundred DVC members matter in the overall numbers for a FL resident pass that already blacked out the peak dates.

It's Incredipass I'm way more interested in, and I'd never travel on those days anyway. It just seems like the top target if they are going after revenue offset, and DVC couldn't be bothered to throw a $50 discount on that one. That one I think is not going to last long.

Last edited:
Me, too. We have Sorcerers passes. Bugs me that I can't renew early so I can make park reservations now. Some of the ADRs we want could be a problem since I have to renew the aps first.

I think I said September 8th if it was just a recurring annual event -- putting APs on sale to new buyers. But, it they want to know exactly how many renewed -- then they have to wait until 30 days after November 21st -- when they stopped selling them. In other words they won't know that until December 21st.
It's more complicated than that. They were sold in September and October, but plenty weren't activated until Spring, or whatever. Or maybe still haven't been activated.

But they do know how many of the legacy pass renewals are happening over time, which aren't on the same timeframe. And after a few months, they will know how many of the early 2021 buyers renew.

With all the changes to the parks, I wonder what is going on with all that. Lots of changes people aren't thrilled with, but also huge price jumps, which make the AP make more sense for many.

You can get ADRs without park reservations or even tickets. It doesn't check. I did it for my trip a couple weeks ago.

Now, the new fangled park reservation system...
Thank you for pointing that out. I forgot ADR's are tied to resort reservation, not tickets.

I honestly thought the Incredipass was dead. Surprised to see renewals allowed into it.

I thought they would make Sorcerer the new top tier and let DVC buy Pirate (if anyone ever gets to buy anything).
I don’t think you will see DVC be offered the Pirate or Pixie. Overly restrictive passes will skew DVC room demand too much.

Of course I have nothing to back that up other than my own logic.

Me, too. We have Sorcerers passes. Bugs me that I can't renew early so I can make park reservations now. Some of the ADRs we want could be a problem since I have to renew the aps first.
You don’t need park reservations to make an ADR. (Unless something has changed recently anyway).

My personal prediction at this point is we will get announcement for this rumored update to park passes for ap with the later entry reservations. Once these are released I could see a brief monitoring period but I feel like it would definitely trigger the countdown for release of new ap sales. Given timelines for where this could role out and predicted drop in attendance post summer I also think an early September announcement for annual passes makes sense.

You can renew 30 days after your pass expires. The passes were sold in early Sep, so they won't know how many people aren't renewing until October. I would guess they need that number before they offer new passes for sale.

I don't see that. They just don't have the data for who is renewing. I would guess November at the earliest.

I know if I wanted an Incredipass, I would renew at the first possible moment. I can totally see yanking that one, even at renewal level.

But Just because people bought passes during that window, many weren't activated right away or for months....so they are all spread out on when they expire. There are likely people that bought that haven't even activated yet since trip isn't here yet.

But Just because people bought passes during that window, many weren't activated right away or for months....so they are all spread out on when they expire. There are likely people that bought that haven't even activated yet since trip isn't here yet.
I’m one of those people. I bought sorcerer passes for my wife and I last fall, but won’t activate them until we’re there in mid September. Needless to say, I’m glad I did.

I'm one week away from renewing our APs (Incredipass). I don't expect any issues (except my bank account groaning) since it seems new passes sold when they opened it again last year are in fact getting renewed. It was our first time ever buying an AP last year so the conversion from metal to character didn't apply. Anyone who has been following this thread had any issues renewing what were brand new APs last year?

To all those still waiting. I know your pain. I first bought DVC in Aug. 2020 and couldn't purchase a pass until Sept 2021. Having a wonderful place to stay at Disney was (is!) a dream come true. Not being able to go in the parks without buying day tickets was painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter