App or website when making competitive reservations?

naslew

Earning My Ears
When making in-demand reservations on your 60-day, do you use the website or the app?

When making in-demand reservations on your 60-day, do you use the website or the app?
Both! I sit at my desktop with my phone next to me. I try both. It's interesting that I don't get the same results. Sometimes I can get things more easily on my phone, sometimes computer, and there are times where things will show up on one but not the other.

I use both. I make sure I'm logged into both and ready to go at 6am PST. I usually get more glitches with my computer, and the app seems to go more smoothly most days. Although...sometimes the computer works really fast and the app has technical issues. I guess, like DizMe said, it can vary. You can't go wrong being ready with both devices. I've been able to book two things at once before. It's stressful, but doable and worth it.

As I live in Australia does anyone know if there is a service in the USA who will make reservations for you. 6am in LA is midnight here and I am no good at late nights at all. Just trying to work out the time and day difference is doing my head in.

As I live in Australia does anyone know if there is a service in the USA who will make reservations for you. 6am in LA is midnight here and I am no good at late nights at all. Just trying to work out the time and day difference is doing my head in.
There aren't any services that I know of, but you can set a dining alert which will help you get reservations if you can't get up at midnight to do it on the day they drop. Most restaurants don't fill up right away, only a few are gone by 6:05 am. So if you get up in the morning your time you'll still be able to make reservations.

If you have more than one person in your group, I would have both people try, each with their own log in.

Last week we tried to get walk-in reservations at a restaurant. My spouse started trying the minute the walk-in window opened. Nothing was available. I tried five minutes later and was offered a reservation. My spouse tried again and was again told that there was nothing available. All this time, a cast member at the hostess stand was adding people to the walk-in list on her tablet. :confused3

I've also read of parties of four not being able to make reservations, while reservations were available for parties of five.

Last edited:

What are we considering “competitive” reservations, just out of curiosity. I’m in my booking window right now; and each morning at 6am there has been an abundance of reservations at every reservable location.

The only 2 I can’t find availability for are Goofys and Trader Sam’s; but I’m wondering if these just aren’t open yet as none are showing available any day any time, near our dates.

What are we considering “competitive” reservations, just out of curiosity. I’m in my booking window right now; and each morning at 6am there has been an abundance of reservations at every reservable location.

The only 2 I can’t find availability for are Goofys and Trader Sam’s; but I’m wondering if these just aren’t open yet as none are showing available any day any time, near our dates.
Just a heads up on Trader Sam's. When I was booking last week, I found that a couple of days in a row (possibly more, but I wasn't up that early) they dropped at 3AM. That's just sneaky!

However, it was still pretty easy to get one at 6. They went really fast, though.

Trader Sam's is the one I'm worried about. Also I want to do Bibidi Bobidi makeover and Princess Breakfast back-to-back, so, I'm worried about not getting them to line up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter