Apparent leak of photos of Wish atrium!!!

I believe most of these are still work in progress. I'm sure Disney will have it looking spectacular by June 29. These pics appear to give us an idea of where they are going, but I don't assume it to be final. Painting and such are still happening here. I like what I'm seeing so far. We'll be onboard next month, so we'll know for sure then.
I was talking more about a "build around" the slide to sort of camouflage that it's a slide. I don't see something elaborate like that being added at this point. Some paint isn't gonna suddenly make it NOT look like a playground piece.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but it looks to be coming along nicely to me. The images were taken by a contracted employee who was there doing stucco work on the ceiling (saw posts about it on Facebook) so a lot of the images are during a very WIP stage.

That being said, the color palette doesn't look bad at all, I think. The seats aren't in the concept art, but you can't see those areas well in the concept art either. Besides, concept art really is just that: a concept. It's extremely rare for a finished product to look exactly like a concept piece. Just look at the end results of many, many Disney movies compared to the concepts posted for them initially.

We won't really know what it really looks like finished until preview sailings start.

I don’t like the slide. I hope it’s hidden.

This just feels like a huge departure style wise from their other ships. Like… I knew that from the concept art but why break something that was working fine?

This just feels like a huge departure style wise from their other ships. Like… I knew that from the concept art but why break something that was working fine?
Like I said, the Dream/Fantasy look like a grown up version of the Magic and Wonder. Disney appeared to have just started over with the Wish.

I'm mostly interested to see how IP heavy it's going to be because it gave that impression from the renderings.

I can't imagine how much more work they can do between now and the Christening on the 29th with passengers on board now, and back to back passenger cruises before the 29th.

As for the slide, I can see why people don't like it, but I imagine there are going to be a lot of young cruisers who are going to be very excited by it. It is a slight nod in the atrium to the fun that awaits them in the kids' clubs.

Interesting, looks like some of them are during construction, and some are finished product.

If the one with the people in it is finished product... I don't know what to say except something about it still looks unfinished. I thought the columns were supposed to be all lit up and sparkly? I HOPE that was not just a visual effect for the video/concept art? These just look plain white and the whole thing is very washed out as a result. I'm bummed :(

Yes, that has already been disclosed to be a fun entrance to the kids club for little ones.
The Wish is supposed to have miles of fiber optic cable. I think that is what will make the atrium sparkly. It is obviously not on in these photos. I wonder if that feature will be continuous or just at special times. I suspect the atrium will be kind of animated.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but it looks to be coming along nicely to me. The images were taken by a contracted employee who was there doing stucco work on the ceiling (saw posts about it on Facebook) so a lot of the images are during a very WIP stage.

That being said, the color palette doesn't look bad at all, I think. The seats aren't in the concept art, but you can't see those areas well in the concept art either. Besides, concept art really is just that: a concept. It's extremely rare for a finished product to look exactly like a concept piece. Just look at the end results of many, many Disney movies compared to the concepts posted for them initially.

We won't really know what it really looks like finished until preview sailings start.
Personally I don't mind it. I figured it was going to be a bit out there. Bolder colors, lots more of them, etc. I don't think it's a bad thing. Thankfully I've never been on the other cruise lines so this will be my first view of one. So it will be great to me lol

Right....I don't know why, but I was thinking they said it was to be a "secret entry way" or however it was they worded it....I was just under the impression that it would be hidden within the walls somehow. Like...there would be the opening to the slide on one level....and it empties out by the kids club on the other level.......but I didn't expect it to be visible.

Am I the only one who interpreted it that way?

I don't like the aesthetic as much but I think my toddler would prefer it because she would think it looks more princessy

Right....I don't know why, but I was thinking they said it was to be a "secret entry way" or however it was they worded it....I was just under the impression that it would be hidden within the walls somehow. Like...there would be the opening to the slide on one level....and it empties out by the kids club on the other level.......but I didn't expect it to be visible.

No I thought the same thing -- I was picturing essentially a garbage chute you'd send your kids down and hope for the best 🤣

These look amazing! Clearly, the first two were taken during construction. Also if anyone is worried about how the pictures look, remember that these were probably taken on a camera in not great lighting. You can see that the light is blown out in the windows vs being focused. That indicates not a great camera/taken quickly. The slide is also off to the side of the atrium. You can see the entrance in photo 3.

Can't wait to get see the professional photos where you'll get a more accurate view of what things look like.

It looks so different from the other atriums on disney cruises! Excited for this ship, nearly booked a sailing with it but decided to go on a longer cruise for less money! 😄

I thought the same thing. I do wonder what this will do with kid traffic and encouraging running through the atrium. In other words, will they be able to slide down and then run back to repeat over and over?

I know its a kids cruise, and expect kids and kid behavior, but kids running wildly and loudly in inappropriate places/times seemed to be a major issue on our med cruise last week. I hadn't ever seen it as bad as it was, to the point where it actually became a detraction. The poor staff shouldn't have to babysit kids to keep them in control either, which we saw them try to do many times. We saw one kid in a group get pushed down the stairs, hitting his back on so hard that he was on the floor screaming in pain for ten minutes while adults tried to help and another set of brothers argued violently about whether the older brother had pushed the kid or not. And there was full on running of large groups in many common areas of the ship, such as outside the Walt Disney Theater. You know, the kind where you wonder if they will hurt bystanders or damage property that wasn't designed to be used as a playground. I hadn't seen it that bad on any other Disney cruise, where kids seemed mostly well behaved, and I wonder if the slide with contribute to that type of atmosphere in the atrium area. I would prefer that type of activity be directed to a play area away from the common areas not designed as a playground.

All in all, an off-the-self slide like this seems a bit gimmicky/tacky and not what I expected as a "secret passage," which sounded much cooler.

Last edited:
Anyone know specifically what issues caused the first preview cruise to be cancelled today? I believe another 4 night preview cruise was changed to a 3 night cruise.

MJ

Anyone know specifically what issues caused the first preview cruise to be cancelled today? I believe another 4 night preview cruise was changed to a 3 night cruise.

MJ
No. There’s a post on twitter that seems to suggest a possible ship wide functionality issue and also that some venues aren’t finished but nothing specific was mentioned. And, of course, Disney employees aren’t going to speak openly about the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter